Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Hey what's going on I got this microscope (jelwers loupe ) on amazon. Anywhere from 10-20 bucks. And the camera I'm using is my iPhone 6s the scope has a clamp on the back to click onto your phone there's a zoom dial and a focus dial. It's def trickery when you get it you just have to learn how to get both of them dialed in correctly. Also I like this one because it has a uvb light and also a led light for making your objects correctly lit
420-magazine-mobile1963750739.jpg
420-magazine-mobile527023029.jpg
420-magazine-mobile394331074.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1019669266.jpg
Wow that's awsome thanks alot jdub I'm going to have to buy me one now for sure!

You can buy a cheapo meter online for under $50, that will work for you. I paid under $20 for my current meter, and I've had it for over 1 yr. now. I know folks with quality meters and my cheapo, measure's same numbers as his, every time. Piss's him off !! I was growing in that nasty FF Ocean forest soil, till I met Cultivator & he introduced me to coco coir, and it was the best thing that's happened to me. If you ever want to try a coco grow, Cultivator is the man to learn from !! I don't think I'll ever go back to FFOF, or any other media. I've been at it for a little over 1 yr., and I'm getting it dialed in now. Thanks Cult !!:morenutes:
Wow thanks alot now I just have to try the coco coir for sure right now that I'm out of soil is the best time to make the switch

Wow that's awsome thanks alot jdub I'm going to have to buy me one now for sure!

Here is another one that works very well in my opinion. 60X - 100X illuminated Jewelers Loupe / Microscope with iPhone 5 5s Mount Cover | eBay obviously at those magnifications you have to be very still it's best to snip a small bud and check the trichomes from a table but here shots I've gotten from it with ease.
044f4fe53a8fb6121daae497c56190e9.jpg
67ec69ea6b8cd482a885289a1441d9c0.jpg
that's for iPhone 5s though they do make others you just have to look.

Here is another one that works very well in my opinion. 60X - 100X illuminated Jewelers Loupe / Microscope with iPhone 5 5s Mount Cover | eBay obviously at those magnifications you have to be very still it's best to snip a small bud and check the trichomes from a table but here shots I've gotten from it with ease.
044f4fe53a8fb6121daae497c56190e9.jpg
67ec69ea6b8cd482a885289a1441d9c0.jpg
that's for iPhone 5s though they do make others you just have to look.
That's awesome man nice pics do you know if that is compatible with a galaxy s8?

That's awesome man nice pics do you know if that is compatible with a galaxy s8?

That specific model isn't because it comes with a case specific to the phone that it clips onto but I have seen that same loupe for other brands of phones around just not as often as I find it for the 5s maybe go on amazon and search for it it'll probably pop up more results. I'll see if I can't find one online later.

That specific model isn't because it comes with a case specific to the phone that it clips onto but I have seen that same loupe for other brands of phones around just not as often as I find it for the 5s maybe go on amazon and search for it it'll probably pop up more results. I'll see if I can't find one online later.
Will do thanks. So you said you would actually clip off a small bud just to check it out? Is that safe for the plant and could you do this maybe to dry out the bud for a few days test the smoke to see if your plant is already clean/clear from nutrients? Since I'm growing in fox farms ocean forest I have been flushing for about a week but only flushing with 3 gallons. I've flushed a total of 4 times tomorrow will be my 5th.

Im finally finished my harvest, 3 drying nets later and 2 hung up to dry, never under estimate the power of a scrog!

My wet nug weight is: 5.1kg

What do you think the final dry weight will be for me to start curing to then loose more weight in cure? (roughly)

Will do thanks. So you said you would actually clip off a small bud just to check it out? Is that safe for the plant and could you do this maybe to dry out the bud for a few days test the smoke to see if your plant is already clean/clear from nutrients? Since I'm growing in fox farms ocean forest I have been flushing for about a week but only flushing with 3 gallons. I've flushed a total of 4 times tomorrow will be my 5th.

Yeah it's fine to snip off a bud when it's close to harvest to check the trichs but if you can see em on the plant well then don't worry about it but yeah you definitely dry out the bud for a few days and you can smoke it to see what it's like but keep in mind a cure really improves the smoke so smoking it directly after dry won't do it justice but will get you high. It's best to cure the bulk of the bud for upwards of 2-3 weeks+ the first week of burp twice a day until the buds start to dry out on the outsides again then the second week of switch to once a day or every other day if they aren't rehydrating much.

Yeah it's fine to snip off a bud when it's close to harvest to check the trichs but if you can see em on the plant well then don't worry about it but yeah you definitely dry out the bud for a few days and you can smoke it to see what it's like but keep in mind a cure really improves the smoke so smoking it directly after dry won't do it justice but will get you high. It's best to cure the bulk of the bud for upwards of 2-3 weeks+ the first week of burp twice a day until the buds start to dry out on the outsides again then the second week of switch to once a day or every other day if they aren't rehydrating much.
That's alot of help! I really apriciate it I will for sure cure for 1-2 weeks with the whole harvest and I understand it won't do it justice just drying the bud and testing it as far as quality but will just drying the bud at least be able to tell me if the ash will be black or grey and if it crackles and pops from it having too much nutrients in it still? Again thanks for the advice

Im finally finished my harvest, 3 drying nets later and 2 hung up to dry, never under estimate the power of a scrog!

My wet nug weight is: 5.1kg

What do you think the final dry weight will be for me to start curing to then loose more weight in cure? (roughly)

55-77 ounces or so I'd guess personally... It just depends how much branch was left on ect... You can expect to lose around 70-80% of the wet weight depending on the strain and how dry they were when chopped.

That's alot of help! I really apriciate it I will for sure cure for 1-2 weeks with the whole harvest and I understand it won't do it justice just drying the bud and testing it as far as quality but will just drying the bud at least be able to tell me if the ash will be black or grey and if it crackles and pops from it having too much nutrients in it still? Again thanks for the advice

Even my plants harvested that were mostly green burned nice from what so remember. I wouldn't overly worry in my opinion the cure helps with how the ash burns... The longer you cure the more chlorophyl leaves the buds and the better it burns tastes and smells. I would recommend making sure you harvest during lights off preferably go in and chop the stalk clean off from the roots a few minutes before the lights turn on or let it sit in the dark for a day but in my opinion the 12 hours of dark is more than enough (some will disagree and say 24-36 hours dark is best) but I would also say just switch to plain water the last couple weeks just to let her use up all her nutes.

55-77 ounces or so I'd guess personally... It just depends how much branch was left on ect... You can expect to lose around 70-80% of the wet weight depending on the strain and how dry they were when chopped.
Hey quick question since you say depending on how dry the plant was when cut down would you suggest to cut down when groing in soil to have a little bit of weight and moisture in the medium?

Hey quick question since you say depending on how dry the plant was when cut down would you suggest to cut down when groing in soil to have a little bit of weight and moisture in the medium?

Some people prefer to let their plants dry out before harvest usually but it just depends on the person... I'd say let them dry out to the point of you think they'd need some water... If you water them right before chop they'll probably take a while longer to dry.

Even my plants harvested that were mostly green burned nice from what so remember. I wouldn't overly worry in my opinion the cure helps with how the ash burns... The longer you cure the more chlorophyl leaves the buds and the better it burns tastes and smells. I would recommend making sure you harvest during lights off preferably go in and chop the stalk clean off from the roots a few minutes before the lights turn on or let it sit in the dark for a day but in my opinion the 12 hours of dark is more than enough (some will disagree and say 24-36 hours dark is best) but I would also say just switch to plain water the last couple weeks just to let her use up all her nutes.
That makes alot of sense! I will try and give at least a day and a night of darkness and just monitor it to see if it's necessary to leave it for that long in the dark. Thank you!!

Some people prefer to let their plants dry out before harvest usually but it just depends on the person... I'd say let them dry out to the point of you think they'd need some water... If you water them right before chop they'll probably take a while longer to dry.
Makes perfect sense

There was no branch on, just buds trimmed and cut of the branches, clean bud, iv been loosing 75 then curing it from then onwards, so i was right in thinking around that number, thanks!

Makes perfect sense
I'm at the end of week 8 and I'm growing white widdow from canuk seeds most of the hairs have been orange or amber for about a week already I do not have a good microscope to check the color of the trichoms so you think she is ready to be cut here are some pics of apriciate you advice
420-magazine-mobile2052635293.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1014711910.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1932141772.jpg
420-magazine-mobile964676565.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1799624130.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1822121529.jpg

I'm at the end of week 8 and I'm growing white widdow from canuk seeds most of the hairs have been orange or amber for about a week already I do not have a good microscope to check the color of the trichoms so you think she is ready to be cut here are some pics of apriciate you advice
420-magazine-mobile2052635293.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1014711910.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1932141772.jpg
420-magazine-mobile964676565.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1799624130.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1822121529.jpg

Id take it another week and give only plain water. No nutrients at all. That will fatten bus up more and force plant to finish. Have you been flushing already and what is your grow media.

Id take it another week and give only plain water. No nutrients at all. That will fatten bus up more and force plant to finish. Have you been flushing already and what is your grow media.
I'm growing in fox farms ocean forest I have flushed a total of 4 times each 3-4 days apart and I'm using 3 ml of A.N. flawless finish but I'm only flushing with 3 gallons and she is in a 3 gallon pot tomorrow will be the 5th flush I plan on using 5-7 gallons.

Back
Top Bottom