Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Thanks cultivator for your reply, yeah i think im going to dry for 3 days hung up then 2 on the rack, i hope you and your family have a happy christmas and a happy new year if we dont speak before hand :thumb:

20171218_164400.jpg
I think you might see a bit better in this pic. Thanks in advance

Chart I can't tell pic is out of focus a bit

Hmm
420-magazine-mobile3157286.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1457839726.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1425709298.jpg

Good afternoon everyone, id like to pick peoples brains on how they dry, iv always hung dried my bud but iv just bought a drying rack.

I have some amazing buds that have swelled so much there the most dense buds iv grown and im thinking if i place them on the rack will they flatten on each side as i move them or because there so dense will this not affect them?

Going for the quality look i no i shouldnt but i eventually want to upload some nice bud shots with my new camera.

Next grow maybe look at backbuilding. If your interested I can find a link for ya .

But drying I like to hang mine til they are dry enough to trim but I'll try to remove all fans before hanging .

I currently have 1 plant in a 5-gallon pot on 12/12 in a 2x2x4-foot grow tent. The light is a "300-watt" LED, though the specs say the average watts = 132 ± 3% (so, basically 128-136 watts). MFR says Maximum Flowering Footprint: 2’ x 2’.

I also own a 180-watt (Actual Power Draw: 109 Watts) LED grow lamp that also claims a 4-sq ft coverage area for bloom.

Would you advise putting both lamps in the tent? Or would I be flirting with light burn?

Thanks! :circle-of-love: :Namaste:

With only four feet of tent height, you may be flirting wit disaster considering your plant starts at 12" so unless you plant is flowering to a foot tall from the bucket that leaves you less than two feet clearance. Be careful, maybe if you slam both lights as high as they can go and angle them toward each other, maybe, but my gut tells me stick with the 300w

Next grow maybe look at backbuilding. If your interested I can find a link for ya .

But drying I like to hang mine til they are dry enough to trim but I’ll try to remove all fans before hanging .

Hello buddy thanks for the reply, yeah i think im going to hang them till the outsides are relatively dry then rack them, yeah iv done back building before, i liked it and should have ran it this time, im also not running cool shades no more after finding out they take 25% of the spectrum away from the buds after leaving the glass, this is the 2nd time around iv got mass buds but small buds.

I hope you have a great christmas and a great new year buddy!

Hello buddy thanks for the reply, yeah i think im going to hang them till the outsides are relatively dry then rack them, yeah iv done back building before, i liked it and should have ran it this time, im also not running cool shades no more after finding out they take 25% of the spectrum away from the buds after leaving the glass, this is the 2nd time around iv got mass buds but small buds.

I hope you have a great christmas and a great new year buddy!

Thanks man .

Yeah it comes down to light intensity but you need to have the room to use those lights?

Just defoil a few fans that are blocking or hearing about elt I think it's called extreme leaf training . just heard about it the other day .

Iv ran cool huds twice now and its let me down twice too, no there not that big, im running 3 in a 4x8 but never again.

As for defol i dont really like to, the only defol i do is lollypoping them 2 weeks into flower when 50% of the stretch has been, i tend to defol big leaves shaddowing lower bud sites, back building does work but iv seen some buds where they have started rotting due to snipping the top 10-15mm of the bud.

I currently have 1 plant in a 5-gallon pot on 12/12 in a 2x2x4-foot grow tent. The light is a "300-watt" LED, though the specs say the average watts = 132 ± 3% (so, basically 128-136 watts). MFR says Maximum Flowering Footprint: 2' x 2'.

I also own a 180-watt (Actual Power Draw: 109 Watts) LED grow lamp that also claims a 4-sq ft coverage area for bloom.

Would you advise putting both lamps in the tent? Or would I be flirting with light burn?

Thanks! :circle-of-love: :Namaste:

i too would advise against both lamps in a small tent,, for safety heat reasons alone perhaps.

i grow in a small space with a 300w led, basically 2.6 x 3 ft, and i noticed the light lacking, so i kinda train the plants towards the middle of the space and i let the plants grow into the light. start 18" maybe and watch the plant as it grows into the light

my plants right now are as close as 8" from the light, showing no ill affects at all, in fact, since i have move my led closer, the plants are much finer, indeed.

i also supplement the light around the edges with some cfl bulbs,, and that is also very helpful, as well as providing some normal light when i want to do an inspection, which is constantly

cheers friend,

Heat shouldn't be an issue, it's only a combined 241w, you could run a 300w hps no problem....I doubt they'd be intense enough to cause a burn...id advise running a SCROG if you're only running 1 plant at a time..take advantage and use up your entire horizontal platform...a bit late now since you're already 12/12 but for future grows .

I have a 400W HPS and a 175W Draw LED next to each other in the same 3'x3'x5' tent and dont really have any heat issues. I know its a slightly bigger space but not by much and a total of 575W of actual draw...
If heat is an issue look into you exhaust setup and how to make it more efficient. Your issue will most likely just be height in that space...4ft isnt much room when you account for pots lights etc... A ScrOG may be a good answer to the height problem. I'd say if both lights fit its worth a shot, just take one back out if you have any problems.

Hey everybody I have a quick question! When groing in soil do you guys think it is better to harvest your plants after the medium has dryed out completely or would it be bad for the drying and curing process? I have a feeling it would be best to have a little bit of weight and moisture in the soil when cutting down. Id like to know your opinions, thanks!

What do you think of my tricombs in week 9 of flower
420-magazine-mobile706522939.jpg
420-magazine-mobile823233398.jpg
420-magazine-mobile47259540.jpg
420-magazine-mobile674682582.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1426790318.jpg

How much longer you letting go I see some amber I'd start a flush

I don't know if this is the appropriate place for this but this is the only room I follow. I an officially retired now and have started my cannabis useage adventure. Im hooked, im using what I grew for my friend all I can say is WOW. You guys rock.

Thanks the last time I posted I still had clear tricombs and some amber not sure why but that's how it is you think I missed the cloudy stage ?

Here check out this chart bud

420-magazine-mobile1641120414.jpg

What kind of microscope and camera are you using? looks really good. I ask because I'm close to harvest and I need a better scope and if like to take pics too

Hey what's going on I got this microscope (jelwers loupe ) on amazon. Anywhere from 10-20 bucks. And the camera I'm using is my iPhone 6s the scope has a clamp on the back to click onto your phone there's a zoom dial and a focus dial. It's def trickery when you get it you just have to learn how to get both of them dialed in correctly. Also I like this one because it has a uvb light and also a led light for making your objects correctly lit
420-magazine-mobile1963750739.jpg
420-magazine-mobile527023029.jpg
420-magazine-mobile394331074.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1019669266.jpg

Back
Top Bottom