Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

How much are people pruning when there in flower, iv recently seen a timelaps video of there grow and they looked as if they only kept bud leaves on the plant after they pruned, from 20 secs in you will see what im talking about.

So should i wait till around week 4-5 when fruits are starting to bulk up to then defoliate heavy?

Already lolly popped them and tied a few branches back but there still dense with foliage.

Most or nevagsin around 2-3 weeks in.. I like to once pistils coming

Thanks for the reply. The light is currently 11-16" from the top buds, but that's of course post-stretch. It was a good 22" above the plant when the blobs first started growing. :hmmmm:
What is the temp at top of colas is more like it wierd though for sure almost like nanners. Kinda

I wanted to ask a question about Boveda packs. I want to enhance my curing done a lot of reading and some say that 62 is to high or that they make your bud smell like Teriyaki and so on. The complaints about the 62 have been responded to with 58s being better (which imo seems to make sense because of slightly lower water retention) and all my grow is for explicitly personal medicinal use. As it relates to the “teriyaki” smell, I’ll live with it provided the boveda does the job it’s supposed to do and keeps buds “healthy” during cure”. I had contemplated using a cvault (predominantly for convenience as it holds the boveda without direct bud contact)

I’m wondering if the mentions of this were simply a consequence of trying to cure improper drying?

(Can’t post a link as to the source of discussion because it may violate TOS)

I use the 62% packs but may try the 58% as I like slightly dryer. I add the packs only after 2-4 weeks of curing. I have found there is some kind of odour if I add the packs straight after drying. It's not strong or even identifiable, but my buds definitely smell different when I have added them before 2-3 weeks of curing. I use them for longer term storage (a few months) and they seem to work well - just not at the beginning of the cure.

I use the 62% packs but may try the 58% as I like slightly dryer. I add the packs only after 2-4 weeks of curing. I have found there is some kind of odour if I add the packs straight after drying. It's not strong or even identifiable, but my buds definitely smell different when I have added them before 2-3 weeks of curing. I use them for longer term storage (a few months) and they seem to work well - just not at the beginning of the cure.

Thank your for the valuable input!

I started with 58's then tried 62's which I'm still using. When I go to buy more bovedas I'll be getting 58's again. 62's seem to give the buds this weird musty smell and taste.

I started with 58's then tried 62's which I'm still using. When I go to buy more bovedas I'll be getting 58's again. 62's seem to give the buds this weird musty smell and taste.

I’ll probably end up going with the 58s based on what I’ve read and your input. 62s seem to work for some people but predominantly those with experience in these packs ultimately recommend the 58s. I’ll order those when I order cvault and ditch the 62s

With 62's I have to let buds sit out on my rolling tray for a couple of hours to dry out before I vape it.
Ouch. Definitely staying away from 62s. On a side note I enjoy vaping immensely as opposed to combustion based ingestion. Since we are on the topic any other curing advice you have would be of great value. Really trying to expand my horizons and improve all areas of production and bud care.

I guess it’s all personal preference. I’ve used the 62s since I started back up and never noticed any bad smells. I roll nice tight slow burning flavorful joints right from the jar. I just harvested some OG Kush, I’m going to try a little comparison. I don’t have any 58s but I’ll do 62s vs none and compare the smell/taste. I’d hate to be trading quality for convenience.
:passitleft:

How does one cob cure? whats the benefits?

I read about it to understand what it was. My take is that it supposedly transforms traditional terpenes in such a way that they work as psychedelics. A lot of people in various weed and non weed related discussions have supported and bashed the concept. Many studies according to my research have supplied studies to support the work. Others say it’s because of a rare genetic feature called THC-V is found in the African region. I’m inclined to believe the studies, some of which are extremely comprehensive. I’d be interested in trying cob curing with a small amount of bud to determine the accuracy and degree of the effect. If the information I read was true and accurate than the benefits vastly outweigh the risks and methods of other curing. Having said that, I would encourage anyone to have a basic but true comprehension of the dry and cure process before attempting this type of cure.

On how to do it are a variety of different ways. I’m interested in the corn husk method. Can’t post links as a result of TOS.

Back
Top Bottom