Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Alright crew I need some help with what I am guessing is a nute burn and or other deficiency. I am going to post a water schedule for the past couple weeks and hopefully with the pics it will help you guys figure out how to fix this before it kills my plants.
8/12 6.2 ph h2o only
8/14 6.3 ph h20 only
8/17 1/2 grow+calmag
8/21 6.4 +full strength calmag
8/23 6.7+1/2 str calmag
8/27 6.4 h2o only
8/30 full str grow+calmag@ 6.4ph
9/2 f/s calmag@6.3ph
9/5 6.4 ph 1/2 str cal mag
9/7 6.9ph+h/s grow
9/13 f/s calmag
9/15 f/s grow+f/s calmag@6.3 ph

Grow fert is by RAW and is 7-4-5, CalMag is by True and is listed as 4.5-0-0
The leaves were showing minor nute burn about 2 weeks ago and have gotten worse. I am using RO water thus the added CalMag.
Lights are 2 300 watt advertised LED's
Plants are in soil with about 30% perlite added and were first germinated on 7/20, temps have been good 68-76 and RH has been 42-60.
Strain is Borderline XTRM and a GSC and a Liberty Haze. Borderline plants look the worst but all are showing the same signs to some extent. Thank all of you that offer help and advice, it is my second grow but the first with store bought seeds.

Edit: I just flushed my Liberty Haze with 1 gallon of ro PH'ed to 6.5 and it had 1/4 strength grow nutes in it. The runoff came out at 5.6PH which I really don't understand. I have never watered with anything lower than 6.2 and I would say the average is 6.3.How the #$%%^&% is my runoff 5.6??? I will watch and see how it does as it looks like the leaves are really pale green, some bottom and older leaves yellowing and then they get bad brown spots and die off. I am guessing it is because of PH locking out some nutes she needs but how can I get the PH in the root zone up to where it needs to be? I have probably 1 1/2 to 2 months of veg left with these 5 little plants as my flower tent is all full up and these need to wait their turn. I need to get these babies healthy and learn how to regulate the root zone PH more consistently. I probably need to transplant them into bigger pots to help with the root bound issue but then I need to toss a couple out since there is just not enough room. My timing on this grow has been crap and I will chalk it up to a learning experience. But for know HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP:)

Yeah i go get ro water from my local water store... and well they tell me that they use a ro system.. but ill be testing their water tomorrow as soon as my tds meter gets to my house.... so when im testing the ppms should be at zero... or close to zero???

As far as I can see, the new leaves are ok. Your clone is re-vegging, but I guess you knew that

Help!! My baby is sick!! What do y'all think it could be?

420-magazine-mobile1209943925.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1127030871.jpg

Hi guys,

I have a 900w LED, but when I use it for 18 hours the grow room gets very hot, 30-35 degrees, I can't keep the door open to keep it at 25 degrees for much longer as smell will start to come soon so I was wanting to know can I set my grow lights to do 3 hours on 1 hour off or something along them lies to help with temps, or does changing light pattern like that stress the plant out?

I have 4 autos, 80x80x160 cm tent.

If not, any suggestions? I was thinking small AC unit but in reality the rooms to small too exchange the heat plus that energy from the heat needs to go somewhere but its just being recycled in the grow room creating more energy (heat)

Hey guys im wondering if I can hurt my plants. I had two I had to bring in from outside. And a baby room running. My main breaker for there broke so till I get a new one hopefully today they are stuck in darkness. Will pure darkness hurt my buds/ babies

Hey all! Hoping one of you can help me out. I am a little concerned on the current grow stage for my AF Amnesia Haze. From germ to current stage, they are almost at the 7wk mark. They look super healthy BUT are only 10-12inches tall. The 3 girls behind these are Durban Poison Fem which are at 9 wks total.

They are being fed roughly every 4 days with general hydroponics flora series. Feeding them with the same schedule as the Durban Poison. Light is a 1000w led by king plus. Canopy is a vivosun 4x4x8. Humidity is on average at 40-50 and temp is 75-80. Have had all on 12/12 for almost 2 wks due to DP's turning to flower. Since amnesia haze are autos,didn't think switching light off would be a problem.

Now I'm not sure if I should have started a new thread...but this is my first post. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

I really just need some one to help me figure out why they are so short after so many wks. Thanks!!!

IMG_387914.JPG
IMG_388021.JPG

I PH going in and don't care what comes out as I trust the soil/mixture I grow in. Never had a problem.

Dude at the grow shop said if your using artificial nutes your run off will always be whacky. With salt based/artificial nutes just get it to 6.5 going in. So with Fox Farm that I use just PH going in. No slurry test, no checking run off. I think with this and youve got PH problems its time to flush! Fuck Im learning!! Thanks 420!

KP155, they look soaked. Let them dry out. Also any fucked up leaf from my tent I scope. Russet mites are fucking evil people and I dont want them inside too.

Username 97 you cant break up the light like that. Keep a cfl on. You have to exchange the air. Temp is everything especially in flower

Sica676 I was told it take 3-4 strait days of the same change to change the plant. Try to keep some light on it during light on times. Even if its random and inconsistent is better.

Hey all! Hoping one of you can help me out. I am a little concerned on the current grow stage for my AF Amnesia Haze. From germ to current stage, they are almost at the 7wk mark. They look super healthy BUT are only 10-12inches tall. The 3 girls behind these are Durban Poison Fem which are at 9 wks total.

They are being fed roughly every 4 days with general hydroponics flora series. Feeding them with the same schedule as the Durban Poison. Light is a 1000w led by king plus. Canopy is a vivosun 4x4x8. Humidity is on average at 40-50 and temp is 75-80. Have had all on 12/12 for almost 2 wks due to DP's turning to flower. Since amnesia haze are autos,didn't think switching light off would be a problem.

Now I'm not sure if I should have started a new thread...but this is my first post. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

I really just need some one to help me figure out why they are so short after so many wks. Thanks!!!

IMG_387914.JPG
IMG_388021.JPG

amnesia haze is very much sativa dominant that can make for a plant that needs alot more time ... but then again durban poison is to if im not mistaken but is known as a fast flowerer ... maybe its an auto thing or just genetics ... they look fine i wouldnt worry to much

edit: try if you can check for root aphids ... they tend to almost stop growth and stay hidden long time only thing i can come up with

420-magazine-mobile1262838993.jpg

I keep moving this new growth on top because I think it's pretty haha.

What the hell am I doing to my plant? Good or bad?

Depends what your final plan is for them good in the aspect of more top more bud bad in the aspect of structure because as the plant opens up its gets off balance or most of the time for me I scrog them to support the plants weight so she doesn't fall down if you plan on getting her taller she won't be able to support her own weight so scrog of posts to keep her standing in my opinion that's the best way to grow

amnesia haze is very much sativa dominant that can make for a plant that needs alot more time ... but then again durban poison is to if im not mistaken but is known as a fast flowerer ... maybe its an auto thing or just genetics ... they look fine i wouldnt worry to much

edit: try if you can check for root aphids ... they tend to almost stop growth and stay hidden long time only thing i can come up with

Hey bud, really appreciate the feedback and easing my mind lol!

And yes, both sativa dom. Supposedly Amnesia Haze is a hybrid of like 6 sativa dom strains. And DP is straight sativa. Just got a little concerned since Crop King states a 8-10 wk seed to harvest.

From a clear eyes view, dont think i have and aphid infestation. Tent is pretty well sealed and i examine the ladies pretty thoroughly couple times a day.

Alright crew I need some help with what I am guessing is a nute burn and or other deficiency. I am going to post a water schedule for the past couple weeks and hopefully with the pics it will help you guys figure out how to fix this before it kills my plants.
8/12 6.2 ph h2o only
8/14 6.3 ph h20 only
8/17 1/2 grow+calmag
8/21 6.4 +full strength calmag
8/23 6.7+1/2 str calmag
8/27 6.4 h2o only
8/30 full str grow+calmag@ 6.4ph
9/2 f/s calmag@6.3ph
9/5 6.4 ph 1/2 str cal mag
9/7 6.9ph+h/s grow
9/13 f/s calmag
9/15 f/s grow+f/s calmag@6.3 ph

Grow fert is by RAW and is 7-4-5, CalMag is by True and is listed as 4.5-0-0
The leaves were showing minor nute burn about 2 weeks ago and have gotten worse. I am using RO water thus the added CalMag.
Lights are 2 300 watt advertised LED's
Plants are in soil with about 30% perlite added and were first germinated on 7/20, temps have been good 68-76 and RH has been 42-60.
Strain is Borderline XTRM and a GSC and a Liberty Haze. Borderline plants look the worst but all are showing the same signs to some extent. Thank all of you that offer help and advice, it is my second grow but the first with store bought seeds.

Edit: I just flushed my Liberty Haze with 1 gallon of ro PH'ed to 6.5 and it had 1/4 strength grow nutes in it. The runoff came out at 5.6PH which I really don't understand. I have never watered with anything lower than 6.2 and I would say the average is 6.3.How the #$%%^&% is my runoff 5.6??? I will watch and see how it does as it looks like the leaves are really pale green, some bottom and older leaves yellowing and then they get bad brown spots and die off. I am guessing it is because of PH locking out some nutes she needs but how can I get the PH in the root zone up to where it needs to be? I have probably 1 1/2 to 2 months of veg left with these 5 little plants as my flower tent is all full up and these need to wait their turn. I need to get these babies healthy and learn how to regulate the root zone PH more consistently. I probably need to transplant them into bigger pots to help with the root bound issue but then I need to toss a couple out since there is just not enough room. My timing on this grow has been crap and I will chalk it up to a learning experience. But for know HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP:)

Can you post a pic of the entire plant? It seems to me you have both a nitrogen and mag deficiency, likely caused by lockout since your feed sched includes cal mag and veg nutes. I am not extremely well versed on soil. You seem to have significant drooping as well I would avoid flushing or watering until your medium has dried out. The symptoms your plant is displaying are also similar to over watering. It's best to eliminate one possibility at time and only change 1 variable until you can know for sure what's causing your problems. 2 days seems very often to be watering in Soil. Let her dry out first and watch the newest growth. Nute burn and Ph fluctuation are very often confused with one another as they can cause similar side effects. Hope this helps, and maybe a soil veteran can offer more experienced advice.

-dabber

Yeah i go get ro water from my local water store... and well they tell me that they use a ro system.. but ill be testing their water tomorrow as soon as my tds meter gets to my house.... so when im testing the ppms should be at zero... or close to zero???
Yes ppm will likely be very near 0. That's where cal mag comes in handy. However because of the alkaline nature of cal mag there will likely be 2 to 4% nitrogen as well to correct the Ph. Just be mindful. My cal mag runs 4.0.0 so I go very light on my part a nutrient, and with seedlings omit part a altogether. hope this helps and grow get um bud!

Ya but this is an auto. Dont autos go veg to flower like twice as fast? JUST went on CKS site and your are right...it does say "Flowering Time: 8 to 9 weeks"

Is it okay I have it on a 12/12 with my regular durban P?

Autos will flower whenever they feel like it, every auto is different and some can flower within only few weeks.

If they say 8-9 weeks, thats growing in the most optimal conditions or an estimation time, my northern lights said 8-9 weeks from seed to harvest, ended up being 14 weeks seed to harvest.

It wont be a problem them being in the same tent but you wont yield as much with the autos only being on 12/12.

Ya but this is an auto. Dont autos go veg to flower like twice as fast? JUST went on CKS site and your are right...it does say "Flowering Time:8 to 9 weeks"

Is it okay I have it on a 12/12 with my regular durban P?
There is your answer. I would run 18 6 the whole way before 12 12.... never heard of starting autos 12 12..... they need light to grow. Light=energy=growth and it sounds like they need more energy to get bigger. Just my thought. I'm a photo guy but pretty sure others will agree to give at least 16 hours of light a day to an auto so it can grow as much as possoble. May do 24/7 light, 20.4 or 18 6. Haven't heard of anyone using less that 18 hours for autos and many never switch to 12 12. Hoppe this helps some. Best wishes.

-dabber

Back
Top Bottom