Bassman Strips The Kosher Kush! Hi-Defoliation - DWC-RDWC - 1K Watts Of Madness!

Welcome folks to my 4th journal!

This will be my second grow using individual 5 gal buckets per plant coupled with a High Defoliation for greater yields technique.

The methods being used are as follows:

Four sprouted seedlings are dropped into 5 gal buckets of BPN 2-part nutrients where they will stay under 220 watts. 20,000 lumen of HO-T5 of 6500k light for roughly 7 weeks or until my current grow is harvested and they can be moved to tent and higher wattage.

During veg, they will get stripped of 80-90% of all fan leaves at least two times! This stripping will slow down stretch, promote new nodes to come out tighter than before and create more overall branching.

As they grow, more tall branches will be bent laterally up to 90 degrees. This will promote side branches and off shoots to "take the lead" and grow while also creating an even top canopy that will be 24-30" wide with all kinds of top buds eventually. This widening will also open up the middle to get more light from top all the way down to bottom and reflect that light back up. More light low = less popcorn and more, bigger, buds at the bottom reaches.

During this vegetative state, in the closet, the nutrient solution will be cooled by surrounding each 5 gal bucket in a bath of water in a larger tub and adding ice jugs. This bath cools the nutrient to the desired temps of sub 68f, discouraging bad things from growing in the root zone. Once into the tent, they will be in a Recirculating Deep Water Culture configuration with the nutrient running through a chiller keeping nutrient solution at approx 65f.

Once they go into the tent and RDWC, they will also be joined by 400w of HPS and 685 watts of GROW STEALTH LED. This is a 4' x 4' tent. Four plants. Our goal for yield is 3+ lbs dry! Not an easy task, but lets shoot high and not be disappointed at 2lbs.

The setup:

Four Feminized Reserva Privada Kosher Kush, 2010 & 2011 HTCC winner. 2012 2nd & 3rd place SCCC winner, Mostly Indica. Flowering period is 9-10 weeks.

Nutrients: BPN 2-part, with AN B52, Fox Farms Bush Doctor Microbe Brew, Hygrozyme, Calmg+ and in Flower we'll add BPN Liquid Blue.

These girls were sprouted about 3-4 weeks ago and have just gotten their first dance at the stripper pole. They started at roughly 350ppm (0.7 e.c) for the first few weeks and had a res change today and are now at roughly 950ppm (1.9 e.c.) and 5.5 ph.

I'm going to post each girl as of today before stripping and after stripping and a couple root shots. The short girl is 7-8" tall, and the tall girl was 12" before I bent her down. Her tallest point is now about 10.5" but those nodes will get bent down later.

Here's our 1st pics. Enjoy the trip!

P6120003.JPG
P6120001.JPG
P6120004.JPG
P6120005.JPG
P6120006.JPG
P6120007.JPG
P6120008.JPG
P6120009.JPG
P6120010.JPG
P6120011.JPG
P6120012.JPG
P6120013.JPG
P6120014.JPG

Re: Bassman Strips the Kosher Kush! Hi-Defoliation, DWC-RDWC, 1k watts of Madness!

Pic #3...that is the biggest damn fan leaf I think I've ever seen! Looking very nice, Bass!

Your journal writing skills are top notch my friend. Very good read on your game plan :popcorn:

Re: Bassman Strips the Kosher Kush! Hi-Defoliation, DWC-RDWC, 1k watts of Madness!

Thanks YD! It's a huge pleasure to have you here along for the ride too! Next trip to Vegas, Gelato Ice Cream at Aria is on me!

I don't drink so I buy all my friends that visit Gelato Ice Cream.

In there. I'm interested in the KK, mine croaked after sprouting, but will do another next round... plus your current other grow is dope, man.

Kosher Kush? Jewish somehow? I'm in for sure too.

Pic #3...that is the biggest damn fan leaf I think I've ever seen! Looking very nice, Bass!

Your journal writing skills are top notch my friend. Very good read on your game plan :popcorn:

Ya but what are the odds I stick to the plan? :high-five:

Thanks everyone, welcome and chime in any time!

I'm all in. But let me get this straight. You are trying to yield 2lbs from 4 plants?

Yea, in girls 32"T, by 24-28" wide. I should shoot for more but I'm still learning this defoliation thing, and getting lighting down better. If I were smart I'd take one plant out and shoot for 2#. Might actually be easier by giving more room to spread out the canopy. But I don't know this strain yet either. And starting from seed rather than clones makes it a lil bit harder. So who knows.

Just curious though. I am sure you have seen Mr Smiths dark star project and we all saw how big his plant got. His total dry weight was 17 ounces. How will you be able to get 2 to 3 pounds when you won't have the capability to grow your plants as large as his?
What is your exact plan? I would love to grow less plants and produce more. I'm sure 18 plants are just too many for my 4x8 tent.

Not sure if you thought I meant per plant or not. But I don't. I meant for the grow, total weight.

It's all part of this hi defoliation technique. I'm sure you read that thread I mentioned before on the topic. The author of that thread grows 6 plants in a 5' x 8' tunnel grow, DWC, and avg's over 10 oz per plant and has been for years.

Others within that thread surpassed his numbers defoliating only in flower two times. And yet some have gotten as much as 19-22 oz from a single plant in a different kinda odd dwc setup but using defoliation in veg and flower as part of their routine.

Do I really expect to see 2 lbs this grow? No, probably not. I'm still learning the method. But that's the number to shoot for as my first big goal. I'll probably be happy as long as I surpass the Master Kush grow I have going now that's getting near the end. At least then I know I'm making progress towards what can be fairly commonly achieved.

The whole idea of this is maximizing light to the entire grow from top to bottom and get that light to every bud site. No popcorn. No lolipopping.

The author of that thread I mentioned before actually came and saw my last grow and gave me pointers. Some of which I've passed on to you too AK1. No big secrets or anything. Just stuff like bending, when, where, etc. This is also why I went single 5 gal buckets for the master kush grow.

I think having the far more than previous light in the tent will help also. I still need to work on a better reflective base setup though. Somehow setting the buckets under a base that I can put mylar or panda film on that is solid and still allows me access to the tops of the buckets and the main res.

It'll be a fun journey nonetheless. I wouldn't be surprised if it took three more grows or more (after this one) to get to my goal of 12 oz per plant avg. But I've seen much more is attainable.

PM'd you the info

Ive run 18 SLH in a 4 x 8 like you have, got tight at the end but pulled it off. Making a trellis was essential though.

cool man i hope you reach your goal , can you post a link to the thread were the guy pulls all that weight

Back
Top Bottom