Bassman's Master Kush - Blue Planet Nutes - Grow Stealth LED Grow #3

SpaceGhost, There are two issue with being inches from the tops with led. 1. Not being able to get the spread over an area. 2. Some brands are stronger than others. Just like a 1000w needs to be higher than a 400w or you'll burn your girls, with LED, if it's too close you will bleach the tops. I experienced bleaching in my last two grows and had to raise the light.

Hey Bassman59 Now that is an upgrade that will do wonders for you. Since you have an air cooled light now, you can lower it a bit without worrying. By all means keep uncovering the bud sites. Your going to love the difference. No way, am I putting down your LED. Together they will be just what you need. I'm really happy for you Bass. :bravo:

@ OMM, Thanks a bunch for your support. I hope you're right. It's bound to be better with both than just one of either. I am thinking I should lower the HPS some more. The fan I bought is too small. I bought a cheapo duct fan from lowes and it isn't putting out enough. Was trying to avoid spending $100 on a centrifugal or can fan. But I'm also running the intake out the tent and to the floor. Pulling the coolest air in, but it's easily 6 feet of travel to the light and no exhaust boost. I wonder if an additional duct fan, on the exhaust side would give it enough boost using a small one maybe just slightly more cfm than this lowes cheapo. Might actually work quite well, and I still have the 8" 250cfm exhaust fan in the tent for normal air exhaust too.

@Alaskan1, I'm using BPN two part, BPN bloom booster, AN B52, hygrozyme, calmag. That's it now in flower. In veg I also used Advanced Nutrients B52, and Fox Farms Bush Doctor (microbes).

Speaking of nutrients, My Kosher Kush seedlings are in their 5 gal buckets now with about 250 ppm (.5 e.c.) BPN two part, B52, calmag at about 5 days or so. I'm undecided on continuing with the B52. I think (hard to say for sure really) the Bush Doctor was a benefit for this current grow during veg. I don't have a lot of B52 left. Just enough to keep up the program in flower for these Master Kush. I should probably continue with it for the Kosher Kush seedlings. If for no other reason than to see a little bit more accurate comparison between them and these Master Kush.

@ OMM, Thanks a bunch for your support. I hope you're right. It's bound to be better with both than just one of either. I am thinking I should lower the HPS some more. The fan I bought is too small. I bought a cheapo duct fan from lowes and it isn't putting out enough. Was trying to avoid spending $100 on a centrifugal or can fan. But I'm also running the intake out the tent and to the floor. Pulling the coolest air in, but it's easily 6 feet of travel to the light and no exhaust boost. I wonder if an additional duct fan, on the exhaust side would give it enough boost using a small one maybe just slightly more cfm than this lowes cheapo. Might actually work quite well, and I still have the 8" 250cfm exhaust fan in the tent for normal air exhaust too
What you just described is my fan set up for my lights. It woks just fine. :bravo:

Bassman I'm wondering if you have you thought about a light mover of some kind to make the most out of both those light types???

Thanks AB.

@MsMe. I've thought about it before. But structurally I think the tent seems weak for a moving light. Who knows, maybe this will send me into using hid only after this grow. If I do go hid only I have some ideas. Dual 400w in this tent, or 4'x8' tent, 400w in middle, 600w on both ends. On a 6 plant grow at most, hell maybe even only 5 with the girth I can get in a good veg.

Welcome to the world of HID, Bass!

Your plants are looking great.

Another idea if you went all HID. An idea that I may incorporate when I get a new place. Two tents, with a Flip Box controller. One tent is lit for 12 hours, when that light cycle is done, the other tent light comes on for the 12/12 cycle. Ideally a 600 or 400 watter in each tent, one ballast, one fan, and the flip box that controls it. Just food for thought.

Keep up the fantastic work!

imglad you got the hps im quite sure you will love it! :thumb: seems you wnt with some pricy equipment, i find greatdeals o top notch equip at htg , anyway in my thousands of countless hours of online research and personal experience hps is the undisputed champ at bud production never seen nor heard of anything beating i except the sun, i did fluros ofvarying kinds for years ,but i finaly got an hps isaw an immediate improvement got 2 more 600's fom our sponsor jdl to add to the 400 now i veg with 400 MH and flower with 600-1200 HPS no looking back for me! i think you will see big iprovments im size density etc good call on your part :thumb:

imglad you got the hps im quite sure you will love it! :thumb: seems you wnt with some pricy equipment, i find greatdeals o top notch equip at htg , anyway in my thousands of countless hours of online research and personal experience hps is the undisputed champ at bud production never seen nor heard of anything beating i except the sun, i did fluros ofvarying kinds for years ,but i finaly got an hps isaw an immediate improvement got 2 more 600's fom our sponsor jdl to add to the 400 now i veg with 400 MH and flower with 600-1200 HPS no looking back for me! i think you will see big iprovments im size density etc good call on your part :thumb:

DARN...I'm at the part in your journal where you got the light...now the end is ruined!!!!
:winkyface:

I actually got pretty decent deals on good quality. I always look for quality first. Rarely do I go absolute top of the line, but I want good products. I did shop online first. For the HPS, Reflector, and Ballast, I paid slightly more than online would cost with shipping, (less than 5% more) tax included, and I get the peace of mind that I can walk in and walk out same day with a replacement under warranty. I also didnt have to wait 3-5 days and have to install everything on a work day. So the convenience of doing it all on my day off was worth something as well.

I've had lots of people say I'll be happier with the end product with HPS. The biggest issue however is cooling costs in the summer desert heat. When it's 118f outside, and I'm trying to cool on top of hps lighting, it's going to be expensive. I guess I need to see probably 6 oz of more and better product in a single harvest for the value to be there. That's a guesstimate. So I dunno if I'll actually see that much imporvement or not, but this grow under led was already doing better than last just because of the methods with using 5 gal buckets and two less plants.

I will complete this grow with both lights in flower. Interestingly, the best buds going right now are going to be finishing out under the LED unless I rotate the plants around (totally doable). But they aren't the best because of the led, since the hps has only been on for 3 days.

The following pictures are from moments ago. Day 26 in flower. The plant that has the sexiest looking buds forming and these pictures really don't do it justice.

P52500022.JPG
P52500032.JPG
P52500041.JPG
P52500051.JPG
P52500061.JPG
P5250007.JPG
P5250008.JPG

You gonna run both lights in flower on future grows? Or just use the LED for veg?

Don't know SB. I have a HO T5 for veg that covers my needs presently. Too early to say.

Welcome to the world of HID, Bass!

Your plants are looking great.

Another idea if you went all HID. An idea that I may incorporate when I get a new place. Two tents, with a Flip Box controller. One tent is lit for 12 hours, when that light cycle is done, the other tent light comes on for the 12/12 cycle. Ideally a 600 or 400 watter in each tent, one ballast, one fan, and the flip box that controls it. Just food for thought.

Keep up the fantastic work!

I LOVE :circle-of-love: That idea Yard dog......where might one find a flip box??

Curious Bass why you don't use the 3 part BPN? Also why are you adding the B52, cal/mag,
I understand the use of microbes but as you know with my issues of the dreaded rot I will drop the microbes and just go with the DM Zone to keep everything sterile.

1. When I 1st called Cory @ BPN, I was using AN two part. I asked him which to use and he suggested I just go ahead with two part. Later on, I saw mention of how stinky three part can be and was really happy I had 2 part. :thumb:

2. From my first grow, I was using B52 from the beginning through flower and as a foliar spray. I just haven't stopped using it. Though I will say, these master kush never got a single foliar spray at all.

3. I need cal/mag because I am using ro water at less than 7 ppm.

Ya I understand from your past issues. Wish I knew why you were having them. I wonder if it's because the roots are not always under water and at sub 68 100% of the time. Obviously, that's the main difference between our grow routines, and as such it's the only thing that seems to make sense to me.

If I think there's anything more sexy since last update, I'll do an update today after lights on. If not, oh well, everything is just cruising.

1. When I 1st called Cory @ BPN, I was using AN two part. I asked him which to use and he suggested I just go ahead with two part. Later on, I saw mention of how stinky three part can be and was really happy I had 2 part. :thumb:

2. From my first grow, I was using B52 from the beginning through flower and as a foliar spray. I just haven't stopped using it. Though I will say, these master kush never got a single foliar spray at all.

3. I need cal/mag because I am using ro water at less than 7 ppm.

Ya I understand from your past issues. Wish I knew why you were having them. I wonder if it's because the roots are not always under water and at sub 68 100% of the time. Obviously, that's the main difference between our grow routines, and as such it's the only thing that seems to make sense to me.

If I think there's anything more sexy since last update, I'll do an update today after lights on. If not, oh well, everything is just cruising.

Odd, I have never noticed any stink per say from the nutes Hmmmmmm

NowI understand why the cal/mag. apartnelty since I'm using city water I don't have that issue

I think the main reason I was having that issue was due to the blueberry plant I had. That plant caused me so many issues. Root Rot, hermied and then seeded other plants. I finally tossed it outside.
In tent #2 there has been no blueberry plant and there have been no issues at all other then my light falling. The root systems are huge and very very white. I started off using the H202, the hygrozyme and Orca. Certainly have excellent roots. The real test will be what happens in tent #3 since I have not used any of that and used DM Zone only. We shall see what the root system looks like.

I have figured out why my res temps have gone up at certain times after pouring through all my notes. Notes are a damn handy thing

Back
Top Bottom