Big Buddha Cheese: Part Deux

@TurboBucket

Thanks buddy,
So in the pics above removing those branches should produce just a single spike but leaving them on, or at least some of them the plant will have a main cola and several side colas?

I believe that I will leave some on and then at day 21 if they are hidden in the canopy then remove them. Since I do have some space between the plants that should make a full canopy.

This is a single cola method?
user4715_pic355374_1271556280.jpg
This is with less pruning? This would be what I prefer.
sog-grow-cannabis-sea-of-green-method.jpg
This was my apprentice's grow, 8 plant tight space but room to grow multiple colas only lower than the mains.
123_1.jpg

Nine AM this morning the lights shut down for 12 hrs. starting the 60 plus/minus days of flower. Did some under trimming and adjusted my nute regime, increased A&B to 350 ppm, started adding Boost at .75 recommended rate, will raise to full level over the next week.
Under canopy. The ladies are 9 to 10 inches tall.
20190202_074904 (2).jpg

The canopy.
20190202_074937 (2).jpg

More trimming will be needed, will have to play it by ear till day 21.
Now three exciting weeks then just wait for them to finish.
Do you think I will need netting for support or maybe just do some staking?

GR

Thanks guys, I use nets on my vertical grows, but have only used stakes on my horizontal grows.
If I go with netting I would not add it until after day 21, so I can pull the plants to work on them.

Wanted to take a look at the color of these plants. Very pleased with them!
Before lights out.
20190202_211543 (2).jpg
And after lights out.
20190203_090047 (2).jpg
Color is so even across the canopy.
Less is More!
Starting flower I have raised A&B from 200 – 225 to 350 – 375 ppm. Reduced Cal/Magic from 1+ ml to 0.75 ml and Epsom from 1 gram to 0.5 g/gal. Also reduced, at the stage of the flowering cycle, Rhizotonic from 7.5 ml to < 2 ml/gal. Will not change the rate for Cannazym, 9.75 ml/gal.
Added Boost to the mix at 11 ml/gal, which is about the midpoint of Canna’s recommendation, may increase it after stretch.
I have revised my nutrient regime, mainly just touched it up some. Not just for flowering but overall. I have not been happy with the looks of the plants at mid flower, too much leaf burn and think I was getting some lockout midpoint also. I have adjusted my run times to get more DTW with each drip cycle.

Sort of a ramble, smoke some BF LSD today. Been smoking the Cheese since last harvest and first time in weeks I lit a BF LSD. Very stoned! :)

I think we tend to over feed once they hit flower. Yours are looking super healthy.

I agree Pen, I prefer keeping flower nutes at < 350, main thing though is Cal/Magic and Epsom. Don't back off and if anything increase them a tad bit. They take it up readily.
Does not have to be different strains, even different pheno's can require varying rates. Since I rarely grow the same strain yearly, it's like starting all over each grow. But I love it.

Hey gr, looking good! Man I really need to pay attention to what you're doing, your yields are nuts!
I tried to do SOG last time but it didn't go so well. I waited too long to flip and blew up my tent.

Hey Fert, nice of you stopping by.
I pondered waiting, glad I didn't. Flipped them at 9 to 10 inches, that was a week ago. They are now 16 to 18 inches and still stretching. Gonna post some pics later.

Update 2/9/19

2/2 Start of 12/12
9 to 10 inches tall
20190202_211509 (2).jpg 20190202_211543 (2).jpg

2/9 One week later
16 to 18 inches
20190209_090046 (2).jpg 20190209_090115.jpg

All seems to be going OK, lot's of big fans, lot's of grow period. Refilled the rez two times this week, and getting good runoff with each drip cycle.
Increased A&B to 350 ppm, cut out Rapid Start. Hand watering (2X runoff), sort of a mini flush, twice a week just prior to rez refill with remaining nutes and Great White.
I think I got the timing right on this grow, flipped at the right time so they are not going to overpower the tent. They have stretched 7 to 9 inches this first week of 12/12 so I am kinda expecting around another 8 to 10 inches over the next two weeks. Then some trimming and planned staking.
Since this is my first Rodeo (SOG) I hope I have the undercarriage pruned enough. At day 21, will be removing everything that is not exposed at the canopy.
Later and Peace Out,

GR

Hey Fert, nice of you stopping by.
I pondered waiting, glad I didn't. Flipped them at 9 to 10 inches, that was a week ago. They are now 16 to 18 inches and still stretching. Gonna post some pics later.
Heh yeah I let mine get over a foot before I thought to flip, then they stretched soooo much. Turns out my cut was more on the sativa side. I am just going to do them 12/12 from the start, maybe a week after planting the clones at most.

That's a nice looking canopy!

My worksheet from today. Had approx. 3 gallon left in the rez prior to adding 15 gallons of RO. After adding the RO that gave me a starting point of 218 ppm.
Damn near hit my preferred number of 300 on the head, 299 ppm, for A&B. Over the next week to 10 days I will have that number at 350 and from there thru harvest not mess with it. The rates for the other Canna products are spot on, been running Canna Boost at just below their recommended mid point 114 to 227 ml/15 gal., at 165 ml/15 gal. Will begin raising this to around 200 in the next 2 weeks and run with that number through the rest of the grow.
20190209_115505 (2).jpg

Just shy of my target for Calcium. My target is 150 ppm Calcium, and at 300 ppm of A&B that gives me 66 ppm Ca, by adding the CaliMagic at 83 ppm Ca that brings my total to 149 ppm, so damn close. The plants have nice even color.

My worksheet from today. Had approx. 3 gallon left in the rez prior to adding 15 gallons of RO. After adding the RO that gave me a starting point of 218 ppm.
Damn near hit my preferred number of 300 on the head, 299 ppm, for A&B. Over the next week to 10 days I will have that number at 350 and from there thru harvest not mess with it. The rates for the other Canna products are spot on, been running Canna Boost at just below their recommended mid point 114 to 227 ml/15 gal., at 165 ml/15 gal. Will begin raising this to around 200 in the next 2 weeks and run with that number through the rest of the grow.
20190209_115505 (2).jpg

Just shy of my target for Calcium. My target is 150 ppm Calcium, and at 300 ppm of A&B that gives me 66 ppm Ca, by adding the CaliMagic at 83 ppm Ca that brings my total to 149 ppm, so damn close. The plants have nice even color.
Are those all synthetic nutrients? I have a bunch of organic or semi-organic nutes I want to run in my drippers but I have been worrying about it growing something in the pump and gunking it up. Ever have an issue like that?

I have been thinking more and more about trying coco out. I think I essentially have all the equipment I need but not sure my nutes are compatible.

Back
Top Bottom