BLS’s Grow Laboratory

My brad nailer is one of my favorite tools. Especially with finishing work.
I actually bought my compressor four months ago, (because I got a smoking deal)

then I just bought my 3 in 1 nailer three days ago, so I can build this stuffed animal jail. Up to date, I’ve been screwing everything together then hand nailing my finishing with a hammer and punch. This nailer is a complete game changer!! Lmao!!

Hi, BL!
Just stopping in to see what you're up to!
Finger blasting for the win!!

I'm also a finger blaster- I tried using tweezers once to plant the sprouted seed, and I'm pretty sure I crushed it ...(and not in the good way!)

Ok, ok, ok... I’m all caught up on my notifications and an update is overdue!

the plants are all doing well. They got their first feeding with Remo nutrients, ohh about 5 days ago now...

I just cleaned up the tent, all my water catching trays... need to rebuild my stand for the two water trays to keep the plants elevated... but other then that the plants are ready to be moved in.

I got some medium ready so I can transplant all the plants, and then slammed my light down, BOOM! They be movin in!!

just having a quick smoke break, as I’m going to transplant them bitches quick then stick them in the tent and start working in the bathroom. Got my shower base laid, now I insulate the walls, and I’m ready for drywall. Once I get my ass in gear and finish these plants.

I might run out of a few of the main
Bottles of Remo nutrients. So I might see how my bag of MC is doing, as I never opened it. Switch to MC half way through the grow, It might still be good, it might not...

Here’s some photos.

have a good weekend everyone!!
That’s some crazy stuff that happened the other day ehh? Wowzers!

us Canadians hozers are all sitting here watching the news going,
:popcorn:

Lol I am doing my basement bathroom to the bones as well what a coincidence
20210101_164542.jpg

Had to lower the ceiling the last owners just left the piping sticking through looked terrible.

Lol I am doing my basement bathroom to the bones as well what a coincidence
20210101_164542.jpg

Had to lower the ceiling the last owners just left the piping sticking through looked terrible.
I’ll maybe post some pictures in the Alberta lounge of my progression on the bathroom. I don’t want to ruffle any feathers posting any un marijuana related photos where I’m not supposed to... that sucks that P trapis in that spot ehh!!

Ok so I got most of The plants transplanted except two. I transplanted two out of the four new plants. They just weren’t ready to be transplanted I shouldn’t have transplanted the first two but I went with it.

i’ve got photos of my other plants there but they’re not showcased in this journal. I stripped them right down except for the top internode.

Im going with smaller pots then I normally do. These pots have big holes in the bottom, so I like to put a coffee filter in the bottom to help prevent medium from falling out. I only had the cone filters handy so it didn’t cover them all but it’s serving it’s purpose.

18DBCE76-72A8-4868-9B77-CE6A15C18052.jpeg

33BB5DD0-FF37-4B69-B44E-4F3F21797156.jpeg

138742AB-4BD6-4677-AD9E-BBCE3FA04F5C.jpeg

8E076DEE-B916-4C43-B695-0FB0C30B45F6.jpeg

A5F6E2CD-0DE3-4006-8578-2A396DEA7C3E.jpeg

3273E747-A24D-490A-863A-E99668481E7C.jpeg

AC8C08D7-531C-4C95-913C-FF0072EBE1FB.jpeg

A6B9C8DC-BB57-461D-8B5B-9EDBA95FC27C.jpeg

I just used a spray bottle to wet the top layer of the medium down for now. Will give them a good feeding in a day or so.

on to cleaning the construction area a little bit (Christmas boxes need to be put back into storage) then onto the bathroom... finally lol

Well, let’s see if I can keep up wit my self. I’m in the middle of remodelling my downstairs bathroom. Along with having two young daughters, let’s see if I can keep up with the updates.

little back story, there was a big jacuzzi tub in the bathroom downstairs and we never used it, in the two years of owning the house. So I ripped out the tub, and got the bathroom to the skeleton.

I’m and ISM Lather so, I do frame/insulate/polly/drywall by trade. So I re did the exterior wall and floor joists properly, and to code. Now I’ve got a hole Jack hammered in the floor to move the plumbing stack centre of where the shower will be. Gotta cut my shluter system shower base, and then the curb, and eventually have a tiled stand up shower in place of the jacuzzi tub.
As well as finishing our laundry room that sits right beside the bathroom.
anyways, I’m getting way off topic!

what I’m trying to say, is let’s see if I can keep up with the updates.

So what I’ve got for you, is a new journal, (upon numerous requests).

It will be my forever journal. Not designated towards certain strains, but towards what ever I have going at the time. It will probably be somewhat of a perpetual grow/journal.

What I’ve got going on right now is, four plants. Four strains. Four For our excitement.

I’ve got a Red dragon feminized seed, a Blue Power feminized seed, a Strawberry Banana Grape (SBG) feminized seed, and a (Blu Cheez X Mango) X Blu Water regular seed.

The blu cheez is from our friend @Patient puffer

I’m looking forward to that blu cheez thanks patient puffer! Fingers crossed it’s a female. I had two seeds left after giving the rest to @greenjeans and only one germinated for me.

My germination process for these seeds were no different then my go to, ol’ faithful germination process. I’ve had had pretty good success with this technique and never needed to venture off to anything else.

What I do, is get nuke warm water in a shot glass. Get my seeds from my designated seed storage 3000 bin. You know, for proper storage, it’s very important to have proper storage for you’re seeds!

I take my seed, and drop it in the water, that’s in the shot glass. Put said shot glass in cupboard. Leave for 12 hours, then try tap the seed down till it sinks. You can use almost anything, some like to use the end of a pencil, and tap it down with the eraser. I have read in a different area that it’s recommended to not use you’re finger to tap it down because the oils in your finger counter react with the seed making it non-viable.

I’m here to tell you, that’s not true. I use my finger all the time.

sometimes it takes 3-5 taps to sink. Sometimes it doesn’t. If it doesn’t, then I give it another hour or two.

If it doesn’t sink the chances of them being viable goes down. Don’t give up on them yet.

after 24 hours of being in the shot glass, I move them to a wet paper towel. Now don’t leave it dripping wet. I crumple it up in my hand, then wet it, and wring it till it’s wet but not dripping wet.

lay it flat, then put seed/seeds in PT, fold it twice, then the two end in, and into a sandwich baggy for another 24 hours.

by then the tap root should have started. I gently, with tweezers put the tap root into a peat puck, tap root down, cover it up, and under my small 2 foot T5 light for 24 hours of light till they sprout.

I try put the seed deep enough so the friction of it moving through the medium pulls the seed casing off, but not deep enough that it gets lost and doesn’t find the light.

Now this process doesn’t give you a 100% germ rate, but leaves you with a very high percentage.

I have had good luck with it.

Now for the pictures, here’s what they look like today.

They will live under my T5 until my last harvest is completely out of the tent, and I give it a nice deep cleaning. For now they live in my small 2’ deep, 30” wide, 18” tall (inside to inside) veg box I built.

then they will go into my 4’ wide, 2’ deep, and 6’ 2” tall tent I built, under the nextlight core series.

thanks for reading and here’s to making some good memories with you all!!
cheers!

i appreciate the love and support from each and everyone of you!
Here you are BLS. I lost you for a while and I'm going to have some catching up to do :) Your home improvement projects sound fun and challenging. Best green vibes for the new journal!

Here you are BLS. I lost you for a while and I'm going to have some catching up to do :) Your home improvement projects sound fun and challenging. Best green vibes for the new journal!
Hey Carmen! Good to see you made it!!

not much to catch up on...

It’s pretty well just started! Plus a mixture of not having an update in a while! LOL

Back
Top Bottom