Bluter's Happy Home For Hilarious Hempsters

Wow, interesting. I've always known for the plants to need alternating nodes to be ready for flower. Of course I always top and train my plants so I guess I've never let the original growth continue up.

I'll have to try a seedling and let it grow naturally and see what it does.

Thanks for both of your help not sure I’m going to attempt quadlining might just leave well enough alone after this one or see how it turns out first
Trainings not that hard to do. But probably better to take this discussion off of Bluter's thread. Tag me in yours if you ever want to explore the idea further.

so this @Weed Seeds Express grow turned out to be an absolute fucking mess of a bust.

i stopped posting on it a couple wks back as i didn't want to disparage. but it's over.

i'll post up a couple pics and give the bad news in a bit. i'm still digesting it all. on the upside i was looking for a reason to make hash. this is probably it.

i've reached out to the supplier. but i shoulda just burnt it all down.
happens to everyone. dicey auto.

so this @Weed Seeds Express grow turned out to be an absolute fucking mess of a bust.

i stopped posting on it a couple wks back as i didn't want to disparage. but it's over.

i'll post up a couple pics and give the bad news in a bit. i'm still digesting it all. on the upside i was looking for a reason to make hash. this is probably it.
Sorry to hear the news Bluter but you can make hash now that’s a upside :)

Sorry to hear the news Bluter but you can make hash now that’s a upside :)

weed's probably good. genetics were super unstable. probably just a bad strain.

So the DNA of the strain was messed?

pretty much. i push them hard. so if shit is gonna happen i can find it lol .. :cheesygrinsmiley:
it wasn't a named strain, so the sponsors probably didn't have a pile of faith in it either.

it's gonna be interesting to see if they respond or just orphan the issue. will say loads about them as a supplier.

i took some crappy pics tonight. i been so pissed about it i lost interest in the grow near a month ago. i'll post up later.

pretty much. i push them hard. so if shit is gonna happen i can find it lol .. :cheesygrinsmiley:
it wasn't a named strain, so the sponsors probably didn't have a pile of faith in it either.

it's gonna be interesting to see if they respond or just orphan the issue. will say loads about them as a supplier.

i took some crappy pics tonight. i been so pissed about it i lost interest in the grow near a month ago. i'll post up later.
That’s shitty man hopefully they do you right. Im excited to see as a learning experience but scared as well cause that means it can happen anywhere from any supplier

That’s shitty man hopefully they do you right.

i already bought a pile from them again. might give some away lol .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Im excited to see as a learning experience but scared as well cause that means it can happen anywhere from any supplier

it can. it's not always the supplier. i have enough experience to know however lol .. :bongrip:
we caught it 3 or so wks ago. around our planned chop day. it was far enough gone we just let it cook.

ok so i let everything cook over ..

full

3 maybe 4 wks ago i couldn't figure why they wouldn't pull back or amber the trichs ...

turns out they were frustrated / preggers. the seed was late, and we watched for nanners. the calyxes all developed hollow or partial seed. stuff was going so late i just let it run.

the bud itself is so sticky i got finger hash taking just a few pics .. and the colour is top shelf nice

full

the plants plateaued about 3 wks ago feeding so we pulled back a bit. they didn't quite stop ever. at that point it seemed beautiful ..

as nice as some stuff was in my gut i already knew it was game over. i kinda stopped posting ..

full

wooooo hoooo. all the yellow bits are big busted nanners. congrats i'm hermied. couldn't get ahead of them. we were gonna pull the plug 2 wks ago but i got sick on my wkend off and just told pops to let it run. we're chopping tomorrow..

some of the bud looks real good but it's all loaded up.

full

check out that gorgeous resin - y purple .. then gag at the seed poking about.

since a lot of the stuff i do is topical and tincture, i figured this run wasn't a total loss. and i could finally invest in some bags and make proper hash.

it is a disappointment though. been a long time since i've had something similar happen. i took a blurry pic of some of the seed that fell out, but there'll be piles more when we hang lol.

bit pissed i bought heavy in to the genetics though.

so @Weed Seeds Express has reached out. they wanted to try and find a way to make it right.

thing is i don't really think it's totally up to them. this happens all the time. it's been yrs since i got hit, it was probably due.

they're also likely a third party vendor and not the actual breeder. so i have a hard time tossing it on them. plus i trashed the emails etc ages ago and don't have the sales order. they can't know if i'm just making it up and looking for free seed.

i push super hard in flower. i probably had one plant that couldn't take it as much and it caused the trouble. pretty sure i know which one it is. there might be more than one but i haven't looked so close yet.

it's worth a mention they were nice enough to even offer.

so @Weed Seeds Express has reached out. they wanted to try and find a way to make it right.

thing is i don't really think it's totally up to them. this happens all the time. it's been yrs since i got hit, it was probably due.

they're also likely a third party vendor and not the actual breeder. so i have a hard time tossing it on them. plus i trashed the emails etc ages ago and don't have the sales order. they can't know if i'm just making it up and looking for free seed.

i push super hard in flower. i probably had one plant that couldn't take it as much and it caused the trouble. pretty sure i know which one it is. there might be more than one but i haven't looked so close yet.

it's worth a mention they were nice enough to even offer.
Glad to see they tried to make it right. It’s a crazy situation man, you grow with your dad? That’s epic my dad expressed interest then he found it they would smell lol said not on my balcony

Glad to see they tried to make it right. It’s a crazy situation man,

we're crazy people ... :p
i didn't really take them up on it. i got a bunch of their stuff already and it's not like i can grow more. it'd be a year before i could get to it.

you grow with your dad? That’s epic my dad expressed interest then he found it they would smell lol said not on my balcony

lol. my pops was in hvac engineering. he built hockey rinks.

my living situation wasn't perfect so i asked if he'd put a space in their house. i worked on a much larger grow with a friend previous. when we shut it down i needed a place to scale back.

we built it in an unused spot originally intended as a spare shower stall. it's plumbed for both drain and water for active hydro, vented to outdoor, and sound insulated.

i run the veg space and get stuff ready to flip at my place, then transfer the plants. i coach him through flower, but have been stretched a bit too much on this grow with work.

i make meds for my folks. they go through more than i do lol. :cheesygrinsmiley:

we're crazy people ... :p
i didn't really take them up on it. i got a bunch of their stuff already and it's not like i can grow more. it'd be a year before i could get to it.

lol. my pops was in hvac engineering. he built hockey rinks.

my living situation wasn't perfect so i asked if he'd put a space in their house. i worked on a much larger grow with a friend previous. when we shut it down i needed a place to scale back.

we built it in an unused spot originally intended as a spare shower stall. it's plumbed for both drain and water for active hydro, vented to outdoor, and sound insulated.

i run the veg space and get stuff ready to flip at my place, then transfer the plants. i coach him through flower, but have been stretched a bit too much on this grow with work.

i make meds for my folks. they go through more than i do lol. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Haha nice I was thinking about growing some CBD for my mom but don’t have anywhere that isn’t cohabited to try to make oil or cream for her. After her kidney transplant things went a little crazy but she’s a fighter :)

I wish I learned more from my dad when he was building decks for his co workers he made a killer doing so easily an extra 30-40k a summer but he also worked his ass off.

Haha nice I was thinking about growing some CBD for my mom but don’t have anywhere that isn’t cohabited to try to make oil or cream for her. After her kidney transplant things went a little crazy but she’s a fighter :)

i make my folks pills, topicals, and glycerin tinctures. both cbd and thc based. different things for different issues. i
i switched to an instant pot infusion method for most of the base oils etc, and it's greatly simplified things.

if you're growing your living situation should be able to handle it.

Unfortunate but not a total loss hey. From what I've seen, WSE customer service is very good and they do their best to resolve any issues and keep their customers happy. Haven't had any problems myself yet but I'd be confident they'd sort it if I did.

Sorry about the sketchy genetics bluter but it's not surprising that @Weed Seeds Express is willing to make it good. I've always found their customer service spot-on. And the plants look like they'll do rather nicely for extracts/infusions!

On a plant grown from seed, the initial pairs of nodes will be opposite and then with that 5th node will begin to alternate
I'm on the 11th node on two different varieties of seed plants and they are still symmetrical. I'd never heard the 5th node thing before.
20220602_084743_01.jpg

it wasn't a named strain
What does that mean?
I was thinking about growing some CBD for my mom but don’t have anywhere that isn’t cohabited to try to make oil or cream for her.
I'm not sure what living with someone (even god-forbid toddlers!) has to do with making topicals. There are some great CBD-only varieties out there now, so give it a go!

I'm on the 11th node on two different varieties of seed plants and they are both still alternating. I'd never heard the 5th node thing before.
You meant opposite, but yeah. I top seedlings after 4 nodes and then pretty quickly the new growth comes in with the alternating nodes structure. Maybe it has to do with the topping. :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom