Bluter's Happy Home For Hilarious Hempsters

The nice thing is that plants in hempy/hydro will tell you pretty quickly if they're happy with the changes or not!

i've been running the mix with the 108 ppm on N for 3 feeds and they are holding their own. not sure i would call it a dramatic improvement, but they've just stopped sliding the wrong way at least.

next is to see what happens on the mix with N sitting at the 120 ppm level. they should look better in theory.

i also have some tipping going on which can probably be attributed to P levels. comes in more black and less brown, but is just at the tips so far.

quick non-pic update .. things got better for a couple days then slid huge. we can't feed these things enough. they won't get stable and look like they wanna fry or starve completely.

we decided to let them burn. i'm running a hotter mix, and feel that maybe the MC is actually degraded, as my ppm should be higher going by the greenleaf site.

at present running :

8L RO
2g BE
11g MC
3ml Cal-Mag

mix ppm hits 1100. it hasn't climbed much at all with the addition of 3g of MC from the mix at the wkend. :straightface:
i dunno what's up here. we're headed to 12 fast by the looks as well.

will try grab some pics tonight.

quick non-pic update .. things got better for a couple days then slid huge. we cant't feed these things enough. they won't get stable and look like they wanna fry or starve completely.

we decided to let them burn. i'm running a hotter mix, and feel that maybe the MC is actually degraded, as my ppm should be higher going by the greenleaf site.

at present running :

8L RO
2g BE
11g MC
3ml Cal-Mag

mix ppm hits 1100. it hasn't climbed much at all with the addition of 3g of MC from the mix at the wkend. :straightface:
i dunno what's up here. we're headed to 12 fast by the looks as well.

will try grab some pics tonight.
Sorry to hear that Bluter.

So, kinda a dumb question but I'm gonna ask anyways....do you not have something other then MC that you could mix up in place of the MC?
Like mix up a batch using GH or other brand based upon your current PPM?

Sorry to hear that Bluter.

So, kinda a dumb question but I'm gonna ask anyways....do you not have something other then MC that you could mix up in place of the MC?
Like mix up a batch using GH or other brand based upon your current PPM?

got AN hanging around somewhere, it's probably not in the greatest shape though. thought about going to it.
things would probably continue regardless of nute though. once a plant chooses a direction in flower it's hard to pull back.

i kinda figured these things would actively yellow in flower, judging by how they acted in veg. i just didn't expect it to be so steep. hello sativa. :rolleyes:

at this point we're kinda rolling the dice and seeing if we can get them home on the MC. i don't think i've seen anyone on the board running it this hard before, it's a bit uncharted.

for fans of minimalism and proponents of less is more ... turns out more is more on this grow..
we ramped feed like a drunken nun breaking vows at a male strip club..

full

yes we are a bit yellow on this trip. good news is i think we might finally be ahead of it.
the plants looked ok on the last mix for about 48 hrs then stopped feeding and began eating the leaves again.

part of the issue is our barely passable rh%, which is just going to do nothing for vpd

full

but the majority of the trouble is nutrient based. this is the hardest i've ever run. pops comment is we're pouring it like gasoline on a fire ... we kinda feel backed in to it. the powerplant and sativa pheno gorilla glue have pushed til we're feeding at levels that aren't so comfy.

we're closer though and the buds look like they are absolutely loving it right now.
powerplant, powerplanting .. :p

full

lotsa build from day to day now that they started feeding again.
they are a touch greener looking when not taking a pic under 3500k light .. i gotta learn how to colour correct on the camera. but they are pale, all the questionable fans i left on them last time were completely consumed.

full

i have never had plants go so hard at the leaves. talked to friend about it, he said it could just be the plants and to feed them hard lol..

just look how deep they went

full

we've been throwing enough nitrogen at them to make a bomb ... it finally seems to have quit on the uppers, but i don't think i'll have a fan left by chop if i can push them there

but the buds are looking well, and i'm committed to running this as best i can.
different gorilla glue phenos..

full

it wont be a vibrant green til end grow . but we'll see if we can get there before bust lol :cheesygrinsmiley:

the pistils have come in super strong. a bit more aggressive than the moms did, even though the plants don't look as good overall. i'm chalking it up to the BE, which are running more of now as well.

little gorilla glue bud pistils with a touch of early sugar

full

sure don't think we're getting massive on this run at all. i'm just hoping for finish ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

they're already smacking my timers, so i'm gonna have to lower the shelves a bit. the taller ones crept up 18 inches from the light, and could be taking a little light stress so i might stagger the shelves for the shorter ones.

all in all i'm happier with the grow than i was a couple days ago, but i'm not out of the woods yet.

full

at present we are at a whopping ;
8L RO
2.5g BE
12g MC
3ml Cal-Mag

on a ppm basis we're hovering around 1100 mark.

all in all i'm happier with the grow than i was a couple days ago, but i'm not out of the woods yet.
Well you're now got them looking pretty fine, and they're pushing up the buds impressively so hopefully you can nursemaid them to harvest!

Sucks to see a plant eat itself up but it does give me hope to hear that you are going postal with the nutes on it and shes responding well. Had a Pakistan valley chew fans like nobody’s business and I felt like I was throwing the kitchen sink at it but was prolly too gentle on her. I’ve got a seedling from that very same pheno in hempy right now so if it happens again I will go hard to get her across the finish line.

You are pumping those. They look good!

it's questionable if i'm gonna make it to the end though.

The buds are looking gorgeous so I hope they can make it to the finish line! Have you considered a Vicks Vaporizer to raise the RH? Run it for 30 minutes and watch the RH rise. :thumb:

i might put one on a timer and run it 2 - 3 times a day. we tried an old battleaxe of a humidifier in there and the rh hit 70% in 2 minutes, so i may have to be careful lol :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well you're now got them looking pretty fine, and they're pushing up the buds impressively so hopefully you can nursemaid them to harvest!

it's gonna be a nail biter

Sucks to see a plant eat itself up but it does give me hope to hear that you are going postal with the nutes on it and shes responding well. Had a Pakistan valley chew fans like nobody’s business and I felt like I was throwing the kitchen sink at it but was prolly too gentle on her. I’ve got a seedling from that very same pheno in hempy right now so if it happens again I will go hard to get her across the finish line.

there is a point that you can't push MC any harder. especially if they were run hard and overfed in veg. right now i couldn't ramp any higher without the BE and added cal-mag. normally i just run MC alone. i technically have a half gram of headroom. but i don't think i'm rolling any higher.

apologies to anyone following this..

it's been tough to keep ahead here as covid, work, and family have been prioritizing. our lock here is getting more serious too. it's mostly why i elected to opt out of the massive @Weed Seeds Express GSC comparative. we need a jealousy emoti ... :straightface:

i got a covid shot and was never sicker for three days lol ...
expletive asshole zeneca .. oh wait that's two .. and i'm gonna get have to another hahaha sigh .. they win in the end. wasn't that shot supposed to be in the shoulder ... ? :p

still sore and can't lift above my left shoulder as i write.

i don't care.
found out a strong reaction means a strong immune response with that vaccine. and i can take it mmmuuahahaha :cheesygrinsmiley:

get shot(s) 420 fam. :green_heart: don't make me tag you ... :cool:

anyway we are still running the plants hard on the last mix with a .5 g increase in BE.
sorry haven't had a chance for pics. everyone fed daily at 1L. they are dry by lights out or morning.

colour is stalled at questionable but stable. we are rolling at the 1200ppm mark(ish). the .5 didn't net a huge increase as we assumed. pistils are starting to turn. there a bunch of lower fans and few here and there through the canopy that have had it. we're letting the plant consume them.

man i'm rolling a hot mix.

the indica leaning GG didn't like the spike as much as the outright sativa powerplants. the sativa GG didn't care, and are in the pp camp solid. so we're rolling with it.. no one's huge but it kinda looks like i might have a save.

i was expecting crispness and death this point, with a mercy kill destined for the shatter bag at the bottom of the fridge. i might be surprised. need to see if i can get pics by sunday or before. pops is taking care of stuff til then.

apologies to anyone following this..

it's been tough to keep ahead here as covid, work, and family have been prioritizing. our lock here is getting more serious too. it's mostly why i elected to opt out of the massive @Weed Seeds Express GSC comparative. we need a jealousy emoti ... :straightface:

i got a covid shot and was never sicker for three days lol ...
expletive asshole zeneca .. oh wait that's two .. and i'm gonna get have to another hahaha sigh .. they win in the end. wasn't that shot supposed to be in the shoulder ... ? :p

still sore and can't lift above my left shoulder as i write.

i don't care.
found out a strong reaction means a strong immune response with that vaccine. and i can take it mmmuuahahaha :cheesygrinsmiley:

get shot(s) 420 fam. :green_heart: don't make me tag you ... :cool:

anyway we are still running the plants hard on the last mix with a .5 g increase in BE.
sorry haven't had a chance for pics. everyone fed daily at 1L. they are dry by lights out or morning.

colour is stalled at questionable but stable. we are rolling at the 1200ppm mark(ish). the .5 didn't net a huge increase as we assumed. pistils are starting to turn. there a bunch of lower fans and few here and there through the canopy that have had it. we're letting the plant consume them.

man i'm rolling a hot mix.

the indica leaning GG didn't like the spike as much as the outright sativa powerplants. the sativa GG didn't care, and are in the pp camp solid. so we're rolling with it.. no one's huge but it kinda looks like i might have a save.

i was expecting crispness and death this point, with a mercy kill destined for the shatter bag at the bottom of the fridge. i might be surprised. need to see if i can get pics by sunday or before. pops is taking care of stuff til then.
Glad to hear you're doing alright and got your shot brother.

Hope the girls give you a great surprise at the end with some fine smoke. Take care in the meantime.

Glad to hear you're doing alright and got your shot brother.

Hope the girls give you a great surprise at the end with some fine smoke. Take care in the meantime.

the surprise will be getting them there ..

I laugh, but completely understand and feel the same with mine.

i get daily updates from my dad. who is having age related health issues. he secretly loves the hobby. so he delves in no matter. it's become his time away from my mom for a polite reason lol. :p

he takes care of the flower room. i normally get there 2 -3 times a wk for plant specific stuff, but have actually been there more for other stuff now instead. i check in with them every day.

only a quick check on the plants themselves. he'll even get a bit defensive if i say tell him i'll make sure to be there to deal with the plants to give him a break ..

big leap forward..
still rolling hard and just on the edge.

full

estimating about 2 - 3 wks out from chop. there's no amber yet, but it's looking like we are at final bud swell.

full

there isn't gonna be a fan leaf left by the time we're done, but i think we're at least going to make it now. we didn't get huge development either, but we got it all the way down the stalks, much deeper than i would have thought.

full

i honestly don't know how much photosynthesis goes on when the fans are near spent like this. they've kept eating though, and while a bit more sparse than my usual runs, i am really happy with how they've done til now.

full

it's turning in to one of my frostiest runs ever. trichome development all through the plant is much greater than the previous run. both pops and myself have noted it. the camera doesn't do it justice. both gorilla glue and powerplant seem equally effected.

full

we're chalking it up to the bud explosion. we pulled the mix back a bit overall though.
we are currently running :
8L RO
11g MC
2.5g BE
3ml cal-mag

we're 1g back on the MC. we cut there and where most would have cut the BE. Dropping the MC put me in to a slightly cooler mix than cutting the MC. we're running 950(ish) ppm right now which is the first time under a grand for a while. i'd still like it closer to 900 but i'm fishing for the right balance.

i'm seeing a lot of reads all over the plants, mostly potassium, a general pull from everything, and some light stressing.

full

everything was turning a wee bit harder until we backed off the MC a gram. now it's stable. it doesn't have to stay pretty at this point. just need a tad more time.

full

had to do the bucket trick and rope a couple in to keep it civil and upright.

looking forward to the finish.

Back
Top Bottom