Bluter's Happy Home For Hilarious Hempsters

Good luck with the AC Bluter!

it's an adventure ... :p

have both an upforce and a downforce furnace ... rehabbed the coils and exchangers already, but have to install one and a few other bits today from underneath, in a 4 ft crawl space. doing that before the rest of the garden build. after that pops can do most from the top.

I used to install furnaces and duct in new homes. It can be a chore.

ever do ac ? got new barrier lines getting built ... updating coolant. compressors are good but the lines won't deal with the new refridgerant. turned out to be center of the original issue..

rehabbing the drip trays right now. rough shape. cleaning and getting a good shelacking with por -15 .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

getting there. gotta bump the girls to 6.7g/gal. actual is 11.5g/6.5/L.
furnace ac has become a living hell...

outdoor container garden near done. hoping to mix dirt today. just waited in line 90 minutes to get peat moss. grabbed 4 bales. last place anywhere near that had any. will get some pics of the girls and container garden hopefully by tomorrow.

getting closer ... adding some bottom supports to the inner buckets. the inner planter bottoms need help with the weight. has some already but thought a few more can't hurt. the tomato buckets won't need. i get to play with a glue gun ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

dad got a 1/8 yard of topsoil. only needed a couple buckets worth lol..
they would't sell less than 1/8 yard tho ... 5 dollars worth .. :p

using that, peat, some vermiculite and perlite, and a couple bags of promix potting soil, as the base. 3 5gal buckets of topsoil to 1 bale of peat and two bags of promix potting. top dress with straight hp promix and feed from go is the plan.

the furnace ac has turned into a gas line move and install as well now
totally unrelated but was in the way.. :(

i am finishing bottling up some salve and glycerin tincture. my mom has put us in to a bit of a dilemma. bunch of her friends have been getting canna based recommendations from their doctors. with no product access. my mom has no idea and simply tells them gee my son makes us everything ... well shit. now they are all bugging her and i don't sell stuff.

i barely keep her and pops supplied with the amount i can grow. so i'm helping out a couple of her friends for now but i told mom to cool it.

She’s proud of her son!

Can’t wait for the photos.

it's done. but i misplaced my camera part way through .
gonna have to deal with my cell pics. all my tech is ancient. :rolleyes:

will get a few up soon. did 5 tomato buckets and 3 bins. super sore from mixing and moving dirt.

i actually did build a container garden ...

built 3 large bin types and five buckets all together. the bins consist of two of these, one stacked inside the other. the air space at the bottom between the two makes for a reservoir.

they were the largest bin i could get at the cheapest price. they were a walmart special.

add a little basic hardware. tupperware containers, a little plastic pipe, and some o-ring style hose washers. get the round ones, they work fantastic for all sorts of hydro apps. they are called chubbies to set them apart from the flat kind.

make some basic cuts in the top bin.

the two square holes are for the big tupperware containers. the other is for a feeding access tube.

the bottom of the container is kinda thin plastic. adding the big holes make it weaker. i hot glued some makeshift supports in to give the bottom some strength.

after a quick test fit and check, i modified the supports somewhat. cut some pipe up to use instead of the little bottles and moved a couple others. the little tupperware container gets glued to the middle.

the little tupperware container gets filled with used plastic wrap before snapping the lid back on. the wrap will provide support, but be flexible without breaking the container under weight.

i drilled a hole in the corner of the outer container, and added a drain hole.

i can crash the system if i need to this way, or change the feed in the res if i need to bump.
outside drain hole..

i tore apart my mothballed hydro system and rehabbed a bunch of stuff for this project. was good to put it to use.

you can see the space here that forms the reservoir

next we'll holey up the big tupperware containers ..

it becomes a wicking basket to feed the system.

cut up some old work shirts. the best ones to use are the worst shirts that have the least amount of cotton. but any will do really. landscape fabric or reusable shopping bags work well if you really want to buy stuff.

the fabric panels get placed over the container holes, and the wicking baskets get pushed through to the bottom of the res.

it doesn't have to be 100%. this is an open end system, the res doesn't need to be perfectly isolated.

take the feed tube and drill some holes in one end. this will help get feed to the res if the res gets a little dirt in the bottom. this is normal in an open system.

the end with the holes gets pushed in to the res, add an o-ring on top to finish the simple install.

mix up your dirt and loosely pack in the bottom of the containers, starting with the wicking baskets.

keep adding media and fill in around the feed tube.

all done .. :)

popped an empty pill bottle over the feed tube so stuff doesn't get in, and left about a 3 inch lip all around for early seedling protection. it's real windy here.

there is about a 2 1/4 inch res, but the wicking baskets and tupperware support take up a third of the volume. it will be interesting to see how long the res lasts once something gets going in it.

the tomato buckets were the same idea but a bit different. easier build as i used four of the hydro system buckets i never fired up.

i'm considering running the tomato buckets for cannabis indoor if it works ok. not sure if it generates enough of a dry cycle. it's a feed the res and walk away approach. top watering is done until they catch the res, similar to hempy.

so i know it's crickets here .. :p

girls are doing well .. held off on the 6.5.g - 6.7g / gal bump as they were improving. well into flower.
probably going there now.

they are all super small lol. not doin the uber management approach so hard on the next go. :bongrip:

will get some pics soon. haven't seen things myself in days. desperate to get there. will be a few days.

mom says container garden is planted. they did prebought tomato plants straight in to the buckets - i guess they are super happy - and seeded the bins. told them to fill the res with a 3.5g/gal MC - tap mix. they water the top with a 50/50
mix of tap and my grow runoff. plus rain ... :)

dad says they have some tiny sprouts already- probably only a day or so. bins only been up 4 -5 days lol :cheesygrinsmiley:

will try get a better update by monday with pics.

still growing weed ..

have a peak at the little hempy cup in front .. :)

gals doing great. they are right at the edge of happy. we changed the feed sched up.
they are getting a hair under 7.0g / gal - 6.9. feeding them daily now, but cut them back a couple hundred ml. they are getting a daily dry cycle, and the pot is like feathers every morning lol.

could probably dial them in a touch better if we tailored feed to the individual plants. it's asking too much of the caretaker though.

tangie clone.

shoulda kept a cutting going forward. i shut the veg room down and am gonna have to drop beans soon. will miss the leaf variegation. tangie is supposed to be sativa dominant but this one expressed an indica side. i got one curing now and the orange terp is finally starting to come out. kinda burnt orange.

stunty in the corner.

happily flowering away. stunty don't care about small lol ... dad wants me to veg things out a bit bigger on the next run. i am gonna have to grow a few bigger ones to keep jars full and folk happy.

i went the super managed route this time. dad was having issues wrestling them around the flower room, so i wanted something easier for him. will shoot for a more happy medium.

northern lights cbd.

really nice ladies. good producer. makes me want to try the thc version. they stretched the furthest, but would guess everyone is under 3ft. smallest plants i grew out to date. wanna see if it's an easier trim this time as well.

super short gals ...

i'm 3 wks behind taking the ties off
it's been i can just do that next time far too many weeks .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Beautiful flowers bluter! Those wastebaskets are perfect for that size plant.

Interesting! I’ve always subscribed to a dry cycle during veg, to encourage root development, but felt that constantly moist was needed during flowering.

couple quick shots from yesterday ..

bunch of fat little buds. green plant and white pistils everywhere. probably about 4 + wks left.
some tipping and a bit of upward cupping beginning - cut back just a bit on the mc. just under the 6.5g / gal point now and may drop closer to 6. couldn't keep up and they are at plateau.

the tangie shows it a bit more than the others.

she's building nicely. we had to tie a couple up for support.

haven't had to stake yet but that's next. tied gal is an lsd
remember the hempy cup ?

got a bit creative to keep it upright as well.

northern lights cbd

pretty happy with everybody. container garden is doing decent as well. may post a pic or two later. :)

Back
Top Bottom