Brix! The Quest For Grade AAA Organic Cannabis

Whoa, great setup my man! They will bounce like never before! When are you gonna up-pot them? I guess 3000K or 3500K lights, right? How many Watts per chip (chip type if you know) you got there? Can you move the COBs on the rails? Do you have reflectors, optics? I got some insights from my light and I can point some to you. Lovely, just lovely. Keep it up!

Whoa, great setup my man! They will bounce like never before! When are you gonna up-pot them? I guess 3000K or 3500K lights, right? How many Watts per chip (chip type if you know) you got there? Can you move the COBs on the rails? Do you have reflectors, optics? I got some insights from my light and I can point some to you. Lovely, just lovely. Keep it up!

Thanks Tomula! Ill go up to 7gal when they start needing more frequent waterings. Still taking some time to dry out. After the burn i had to keep the window open even today i came home and the room had a strong smell so my temps have been low 70s.

Good eye 3000k in the middle and 3500k on the sides. Love this light. They are the vero29 im not sure how many watts per chip but each driver is under 200 watts all 4 drivers max out at 700 watts. They move but i taped them so they dont move. If they moved too much the wiring would be pulled on. No reflectors. They added a bit more to the price and these things are so intense. The first time i used them i bleached my plants leaves that were all the way at the bottom. Crazy ive never seen that before. Im all ears to your knowledge

Thanks again T, hows everything in your world. Any new grows?

Based on how they look....assuming no environmental issues....do another GE drench then water the next time.

Drench on the heavy side.

Temps were good before the burn but have been in low 70s since. Ill make sure to get if back up before its time for the GE

Little peak at my in progress grow cab have to paint it white. Gdp for the breeding
20180120_203225.jpg
20180120_203239.jpg
20180120_203252.jpg
20180120_203257.jpg

And back to normal here.
20180120_200304.jpg
20180120_200313.jpg
20180120_200501.jpg

Great looking light there!. Did you repurpose an old tent for the walls of that grow room? 700 watts of light never seemed so bright!

I am envious of your space, that's a LOT of room for plants lol sweet setup. That's a good idea cutting the LeD into the top of the cab, should've done that in my own cabs lol. Hopefully you get the PM under control, hat shits horrible. Sorry I fell off your gj again bro things have been sorta around here

Thanks Tomula! Ill go up to 7gal when they start needing more frequent waterings. Still taking some time to dry out. After the burn i had to keep the window open even today i came home and the room had a strong smell so my temps have been low 70s.

Good eye 3000k in the middle and 3500k on the sides. Love this light. They are the vero29 im not sure how many watts per chip but each driver is under 200 watts all 4 drivers max out at 700 watts. They move but i taped them so they dont move. If they moved too much the wiring would be pulled on. No reflectors. They added a bit more to the price and these things are so intense. The first time i used them i bleached my plants leaves that were all the way at the bottom. Crazy ive never seen that before. Im all ears to your knowledge

Thanks again T, hows everything in your world. Any new grows?

Thank you Farmer.
I had the light tested against 600W top of the line HPS (same environment, same mother, same feeding line) with the COBs winning all the way. The flip was 10 days before HPS for example.
In 3x3 6 chips at 600W. I got them in 3000K no reflectors, 100W each Citizen CLU58 1825 that should be close or tad better than Veros. I got them in 80CRI which tends to have less red and more blue with green. My friend told me that the plants right under the chipss were bigger, so he moved the lights around. But then I got 6 for 3x3 and that is not ideal. He got the plants as close as 50 centimters or 20 inches close in the end. I think he used CO2 bags (I will check that info later this week) thought and got the air temps in the higher range so the plants handled it quite well. He has some state of the art environmental control, mainly his automatic exhaust fan that controls temps and humidity.

This bud of Northern Lights is 2,5g, hard as rock, the very tip of it was consumed in taste and effect review. I will try to upload Completed Journal with all the info as soon as I got the photos and numbers.

P10102145.JPG

Great looking light there!. Did you repurpose an old tent for the walls of that grow room? 700 watts of light never seemed so bright!

Hey CD welcome in! :passitleft: Thank you, its actually a 4x4 tent by gorilla hope i can turn them up more soon, have to keep an eye for bleaching

I am envious of your space, that’s a LOT of room for plants lol sweet setup. That’s a good idea cutting the LeD into the top of the cab, should’ve done that in my own cabs lol. Hopefully you get the PM under control, hat shits horrible. Sorry I fell off your gj again bro things have been sorta around here

Thanks 3G! Welcome back. Its a 4x4 but never enough space lol! Hopefully oneday ill have a room and this will be for veg.

Here is some pics for you the light is made for a 2x3 space so i made small holes for my little cab
20180125_185155.jpg
20180125_185203.jpg

Not sure but think i see it makinh a come back and my humidty has been under 40% i put a hunidifier in to bring up temps and humidty to veg levels. I am going to have to spray something on the plants soon. PM has been very irritating lol ive fallen off a lot of journals. I totally know how it is. I gotta make a run through your new one

GDP male looks ready to bust, hoping for a ton of beans!

Lots of seeds fingers crossed. The buds are starting to develop and ive been hitting the male plant onto the female. Hairs are turining. I have two more males im going to save the pollen. Cant wait. Thinking of reversing a tut clone and hitting one of the branches to keep some seeds too. Hope everything is well with you pw

Thank you Farmer.
I had the light tested against 600W top of the line HPS (same environment, same mother, same feeding line) with the COBs winning all the way. The flip was 10 days before HPS for example.
In 3x3 6 chips at 600W. I got them in 3000K no reflectors, 100W each Citizen CLU58 1825 that should be close or tad better than Veros. I got them in 80CRI which tends to have less red and more blue with green. My friend told me that the plants right under the chipss were bigger, so he moved the lights around. But then I got 6 for 3x3 and that is not ideal. He got the plants as close as 50 centimters or 20 inches close in the end. I think he used CO2 bags (I will check that info later this week) thought and got the air temps in the higher range so the plants handled it quite well. He has some state of the art environmental control, mainly his automatic exhaust fan that controls temps and humidity.

This bud of Northern Lights is 2,5g, hard as rock, the very tip of it was consumed in taste and effect review. I will try to upload Completed Journal with all the info as soon as I got the photos and numbers.

P10102145.JPG

Oh wow i hope you post your hps vs cob expirament soon! Sounds great. Im using a mix of 80 and 90 cri but the 90cri is the 3000k chips. I was also going to put some far red ufo in there for flower i have good expirence with them and find my plants switch to flower faster but this is my first time using them with cobs.

Hey Tomula man i dont run a/c or humidity usually and so most grow room controls are useless for me.

Can you tell me what your friend uses to only control the vent fan. Ive been looking to automate my vent fan to come on when temps and humidity are too high but i could only find one that came on when the temp was too high. Im very interested in this. Can the air become stagnate if the vent fan doesnt kick on due to being cold? Its so crazy because i was searching online for hours the other day looking for a temp and humidity controller for the vent fan only but i couldnt find anything.

Look at that nug! Nice T looks solid! Cant wait to see what cobs can do. Hopefully these tuts hit there genetic potential

20180125_185332.jpg
20180125_185232.jpg

Hey CD welcome in! :passitleft: Thank you, its actually a 4x4 tent by gorilla hope i can turn them up more soon, have to keep an eye for bleaching

Thanks 3G! Welcome back. Its a 4x4 but never enough space lol! Hopefully oneday ill have a room and this will be for veg.

Here is some pics for you the light is made for a 2x3 space so i made small holes for my little cab
20180125_185155.jpg
20180125_185203.jpg

Not sure but think i see it makinh a come back and my humidty has been under 40% i put a hunidifier in to bring up temps and humidty to veg levels. I am going to have to spray something on the plants soon. PM has been very irritating lol ive fallen off a lot of journals. I totally know how it is. I gotta make a run through your new one

Lots of seeds fingers crossed. The buds are starting to develop and ive been hitting the male plant onto the female. Hairs are turining. I have two more males im going to save the pollen. Cant wait. Thinking of reversing a tut clone and hitting one of the branches to keep some seeds too. Hope everything is well with you pw

Oh wow i hope you post your hps vs cob expirament soon! Sounds great. Im using a mix of 80 and 90 cri but the 90cri is the 3000k chips. I was also going to put some far red ufo in there for flower i have good expirence with them and find my plants switch to flower faster but this is my first time using them with cobs.

Hey Tomula man i dont run a/c or humidity usually and so most grow room controls are useless for me.

Can you tell me what your friend uses to only control the vent fan. Ive been looking to automate my vent fan to come on when temps and humidity are too high but i could only find one that came on when the temp was too high. Im very interested in this. Can the air become stagnate if the vent fan doesnt kick on due to being cold? Its so crazy because i was searching online for hours the other day looking for a temp and humidity controller for the vent fan only but i couldnt find anything.

Look at that nug! Nice T looks solid! Cant wait to see what cobs can do. Hopefully these tuts hit there genetic potential

20180125_185332.jpg
20180125_185232.jpg

Let's get some Growth Energy there Farmer.....

20180125_185155.jpg
20180125_185203.jpg

Glad to be back, I have missed enough! Neat trick to keep the light outside, probably a ton less heat! Your tent looks huge I didn't realize it was a 4x4! That's the dream brother, I hope you get that room soon!

Looks like they're greening up quickly, should be plenty of Bcookies nice I get the buds stripped. .

Thanks pw, Almost time for another watering. Hopefully that will kick them into gear but the humidity has been low. I have to be better with the humidifier. I think getting my environment more steady will be a big help but the weather has been so strange im constantly making teaks to keep up. Hope im able to flip soon. Those bcookies look great! All the plants you got going look fire though. :passitleft:

Glad to be back, I have missed enough! Neat trick to keep the light outside, probably a ton less heat! Your tent looks huge I didn't realize it was a 4x4! That's the dream brother, I hope you get that room soon!

Glad to have you back too! Unfortunately the light makes the wood extremely hot as its sitting ontop. Found that out last night. I have to get a low watt qb setup. Until then i have to figure out a way to elevate the light off the box and maybe add a thermal barrier.

Thanks i love the 4x4 its the perfect space even though i lost the additional 3x3. i figure with the cab will work perfectly for flowering small indica plants or starting seeds and rather then keeping a mom ill just make seeds.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Humidity here is manageable, i only need 5 or 10% more but if i was super low ive put water on the floor or wet towles that i change out. Just have to keep an eye on it so it doesnt get to high but usually humidity hasnt been an issue with my grows. I just want to make sure everything is in check because it seems like the soil is more temperamental to environment then my hydro runs.

Humidity here is manageable, i only need 5 or 10% more but if i was super low ive put water on the floor or wet towles that i change out. Just have to keep an eye on it so it doesnt get to high but usually humidity hasnt been an issue with my grows. I just want to make sure everything is in check because it seems like the soil is more temperamental to environment then my hydro runs.

Yep. When the environment is right and the soil is alive and happy, this stuff is super easy. But nothing goes right if the environment is out of check by a lot.

My humidity is really low but I gave up trying to get it where it needs to be. Was doing my head in man!

You can only do what you can do at it pertains to humidity. I know for me in the North East, I won't see 50% humidity again until May. So knowing I sit naturally at 16-25% in the winter, if I can get it up to 30-40%....I am happy as a pig in mud.

I have succumbed to spraying after seeing my veg cab consistently in the low 20s. I hate spraying if I don't have to lol. Dude the QBs are awesome I finally got one and it's only been a day and I don't see myself going in any other direction lol the natural lighting color alone was worth it.

I'm not Tomula, so this is just my experience.

I use a temp controller for the vent fan and adjust the humidifier or dehumidifier seperately based on the 24 hour readings. For 3 years now.

The humidity is going to fluctuate 10-20% through the light/dark cycle anyway, so the few percent change when the vent fan runs doesn't seem that big an issue.

I have circulating fans running, and an open fresh air intake. Stale air doesn't seem to be an issue. I don't experience it as stale if I open the door during the dark cycle., but I'm a human who enjoys the 'stale' oxygen put out by plants :)

Back
Top Bottom