Buzz's 2nd Journal: Karolyn, Blueberry & Skunk

At 6 weeks into flower, buds have really started to swell on the Karolyn and Skunk, Pistols have turned orange on the Skunk, and are starting on the Karolyn. Buds are starting to droop from the weight already! Running string supports. Nutes are stopped for these two. Nothing but water from now on. Dropped light cycle to 11/13 to force ripening.

Sunday update pix! Blueberries are progressing faster now @ 4 weeks, and the one I subjected to the light experiment on the right has almost caught up to the control plant.

Two Sisters, Skunk and Karolyn @ 6 weeks​

Day shy of 7 weeks for the Karolyn and Skunk, 5 weeks for the Blues. Karolyn is almost ready which is amazing! Skunk has huge diameter colas and is also starting to ripen! And I guess I need a clean room as every macro shot I do seems to have a pet hair in it. Grrrrrr......

:ganjamon:

That’s one of Skunks big positives, they grow big flowers fast!
Yeah, the first run I muffed it and they did not get anywhere near the size they are now .They are almost twice the diameter of the Karolyn buds, although the Karolyn volume will more than make up for that! Little concerned about bud rot on the Skunk but I have a lot of fans going.

So today was the day! Harvested the Karolyn and the Skunk and they are both hanging now. The Karolyn gave me 1.515 Kg wet and reasonably trimmed, and the Skunk .660 Kg. Both had absolutely huge individual buds, so I'm thinking the Big Bud might just do what it says! And the Skunk colas are absolutely huge!

So the Bluberries are looking great at 6 weeks 2 days in, showing a little purple which is nice! The Karolyn and Skunk are curing nicely, got a high tech fan control and got my drying room locked at 68 F and 52% humidity and it seems to be curing nicely now. Smoke tests have also been promising!

So I ended up with 315 grams of the Karolyn, and 125 grams of the skunk, so just 4 grams shy of a pound overall! The karolyn was 1.51 Kg wet so it dried down to 21% and the skunk to 19% of wet.

The Blueberry is doing well at 7 weeks 3 days, and other than the one cola I chose to photograph, pistols are staying white and plants are on water only. This one could be a while... Got a tiny bit of burn at the outside edges of the soon to be removed fans, but buds are looking fantastic with the pink showing through!

Smoke Report
Karolyn, not a lot of odour to this one, smokes nice, very good sativa stone.
The Skunk, more smelly, but I wouldn't say skunkish, a heavier smoke and a reasonable stone.
I think I need to slow down my drying a bit more to get it to cure better. I didn't have the fancy fan control at the start, so it should be a bit easier to control. Blueberries are up next in the next 2-3 weeks.

Blueberries @ 8 weeks 3 days, stacking nice, smelling great! And the one that I subjectied the odd light period to has caught up completely, but has slighlty differnt colour flowers which I didn't expect in clones.
Clone 1

Clone 2

Clone 2

Back
Top Bottom