Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

re: Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

This thread moves along too quickly and I'm in the middle of a move and I don't have my internet access setup yet.

Seems how this forum is about CCO and not just tacking, I have a few questions I'd like to throw out.

For "this discussion" assume a person does "not" have cancer, but merely wants to use the oil to rejuvenate an old worn out body, mostly osteoarthritis and accompanying joint and back issues.

How many different ways are there to consume the oil besides tacking?

Is the oil even the best form to take? I've been doing some reading on juicing, green dragon, edibles etc., and I think all of them are probably pretty healthy. Is the CCO really that much more effective for general health and well being if cancer is not a factor?

I'm not taking anything away from the oil or the tacking method of administration... I just have some unanswered question.

Anyone care to help me see the big picture? I have never been able to find discussions on the various ways of administration for preventative maintenance type therapy.

Thanks in advance.

I do tack for MS issues mostly however I also have back issues and I have found the glycerin tincture works better than anything I have tried including narcotics...:straightface: I have my fella rub it in every evening and it works very well. I make my tincture in a Magical Butter machine using vegetable glycerin... My friend also swears by it for cold sores and bee stings... Anyhow hope that helps a bit and I'm sure others that have used it in different ways will chime in too... Ohhh I have been medicating with eatables for years and it works extremely well too... IMO any way you can get it in you is great and if it works for you in that way...perfect...:circle-of-love:

I do tack for MS issues mostly however I also have back issues and I have found the glycerin tincture works better than anything I have tried including narcotics...:straightface: I have my fella rub it in every evening and it works very well. I make my tincture in a Magical Butter machine using vegetable glycerin... My friend also swears by it for cold sores and bee stings... Anyhow hope that helps a bit and I'm sure others that have used it in different ways will chime in too... Ohhh I have been medicating with eatables for years and it works extremely well too... IMO any way you can get it in you is great and if it works for you in that way...perfect...:circle-of-love:

I thought the tincture was just used for oral administration, massaging it in topically hadn't occurred to me. I may have to put glycerin on my shopping list too.

QUOTE=BeaverIslander...but merely wants to use the oil to rejuvenate an old worn out body, mostly osteoarthritis and accompanying joint and back issues.

Ingesting, dabbing, nasal spray, edibles, suppositories, dermal patches, tinctures, sublingually, vaping, juicing.. are a few.

Is the oil even the best form to take?

Best for what? The oil is the purest & most potent form of dosing cannabinoids. I can't think of a situation of hand where another form is better.

I've been doing some reading on juicing, green dragon, edibles etc., and I think all of them are probably pretty healthy. Is the CCO really that much more effective for general health and well being if cancer is not a factor?

Yes, it is much more effective simply because the others you listed give the same cannabinoids (same meds), only in much weaker form & much weaker doses.

I'm not taking anything away from the oil or the tacking method of administration... I just have some unanswered question.

Fire away... this thread is for more than tacking...

Anyone care to help me see the big picture? I have never been able to find discussions on the various ways of administration for preventative maintenance type therapy.

Any other specific questions, just ask.?

Thanks in advance.

You're very welcome

Seems how this forum is about CCO and not just tacking, I have a few questions I'd like to throw out.

For "this discussion" assume a person does "not" have cancer, but merely wants to use the oil to rejuvenate an old worn out body, mostly osteoarthritis and accompanying joint and back issues.

Is the oil even the best form to take? I've been doing some reading on juicing, green dragon, edibles etc., and I think all of them are probably pretty healthy. Is the CCO really that much more effective for general health and well being if cancer is not a factor?

Thanks in advance.

Cajun pretty much answered all of those questions for you, but let me give you the perspective from someone in relative good health as I age. I'll be tacking myself, once I have CCO made, because I believe it's the best way to get the highest concentration of cannabinoids into my aging system. I plan to live into my nineties a strong, healthy and vibrant woman, and I feel that CCO, in partnership with clean eating, regular exercise and joyful living, is my best possible chance of reaching that goal.

Right now I medicate with edibles. I realize it's a low level of bioavailibility, but with this reasonably healthy body it's been enough to eliminate the aches and pains in the joints, keep the energy levels where I want them, and lift my mind up to the level where I feel clearer. I've been without now for over a month (on vacation) and the difference between how I feel mentally now and how I feel with my daily dose of brownies is quite astounding. With regular edibles I feel normal. Without, it's just off somehow.

I plan to make some of the olive oil extraction and try that. I want to see what difference the higher concentrations of cannabinoids (over edibles) and the increase in monoterpene content offer. I've also ordered supplies for making tinctures and some topicals. I'm retired, so I don't have to be so concerned with euphoria. I tend to stay euphoric all the time when I'm home. It works for me and compliments my creative nature in ways that keep me focused on projects I've taken on. Recently I've considered trying CCO without tacking and I'll probably give that a try as well.

As you're discovering, there are many ways to add the curative powers of cannabis to your system.

But the goal is incorporating CCO into the daily plan. What I've learned about the Endocannabinoid System pretty much demands it. I'm old enough and intelligent enough to know that, as healthy as I appear, I've been subjected to too many stressors over my life and my system would benefit from the extra help. At 62 I only have some sporadic stiffness of the joints and some patches of psoriasis that need treatment. I could probably treat those effectively with topicals. Thank goodness for that, but that's only what I can feel and see. The CCO is for what I can't see, what I wouldn't feel until it's too late. My journey's towards balance - that state of homeostasis that the Endocannabinoid System is evolved to create. CCO appears to be a sure path to that state.

Thanks for asking BeaverIslander. You gave me a good reason to talk it out.

Thanks in advance.

A big thank you to Cajon and Sweet Sue for the excellent replies - it seems the more I learn the more I find to study. The subject is so much deeper than it was 48 years ago when I personally discovered this herb on Camp Pendelton.
:thumb:

Cajun, I really appreciate the way you do your replies in the question and answer form. Concise and to the point.

:goodjob:

:thanks:

It's Saturday, I'm off work today...and oil is getting done. I am going to do a picture series. It's going to be kind of boring during the cook down because the lid needs to stay on the unit, unlike the fondue pot method.

By the way, I'll confirm in a shorter version here that the oil...however you administer it, is much more concentrated and pure than a tincture or cream/topical. For the internal workings of the body, I would want the purest and most concentrated form possible. I'm trying to get rid of junk in my own situation, not put more in with other things included in edibles. (Sugar for one example....) JMO Edibles are fine for others who aren't fighting what I am. :)

Damn, I miss my caramels at night.

I was going to make a small batch of oil today and I can't even get out the front door now.... :yikes: Apparently it never stopped snowing here last night.... My Rat Terriers went out this morning and when they stepped out the back door they disappeared...:thedoubletake: My little girl... not my growing partner... didn't like it one bit either... My grow partner thought it was great.... You would see him pop up as he was running through it.... It was hilarious....:circle-of-love:

I was going to make a small batch of oil today and I can't even get out the front door now.... :yikes: Apparently it never stopped snowing here last night.... My Rat Terriers went out this morning and when they stepped out the back door they disappeared...:thedoubletake: My little girl... not my growing partner... didn't like it one bit either... My grow partner thought it was great.... You would see him pop up as he was running through it.... It was hilarious....:circle-of-love:

Are you in that East Coast storm?

Your storm is not coming my way, thank the Lord. I finally have a beautiful sunny day here, watching the array of birds on the feeders with the snow twinkling in the sunlight.
That would have been a great video to see of your grow partner. Oh, they do love to play in the snow. LOL

Hopefully you will have a good melt off so you can get outside.
I have the oil started, first quick wash done and I'm waiting for things to get freezer cold again. ;-)

Welcome Spitz, I've seen you on some other threads, are you planing on using CCO for an Ailment or just to feel better?

:love::cco::love:

Thanks RSO and thanks to others for the welcome. I found this site in our quest to take on breast cancer. That was about 2 years ago and we are on the right side of the battle today. Still, education is the key and there are so many benefits to this plant I want to learn about. enjoying cannabis recreationally is a good thing. Trying to understand the true healing powers is what I'm reading on for. I'm trying to figure out if there is benefit for arthritis, the best methods of application/injection, etc... I've got an understanding of how to battle cancer and the rolls The cannabinoids play. Always something to learn more.

My first question..
Do non-decarboxylated cannabinoids have the same healing effect as the decarbed ones? Removing the OH group allowsassage blood/brain barrier to activate/attach to receptors. That allows users to get "high". Of course, that is in the brain. What about the rest of the body? I have to think a receptor is a receptor no matter where it is located?

CCO is the way to "heal". I'm just trying to learn.

Thanks RSO and thanks to others for the welcome. I found this site in our quest to take on breast cancer. That was about 2 years ago and we are on the right side of the battle today. Still, education is the key and there are so many benefits to this plant I want to learn about. enjoying cannabis recreationally is a good thing. Trying to understand the true healing powers is what I'm reading on for. I'm trying to figure out if there is benefit for arthritis, the best methods of application/injection, etc... I've got an understanding of how to battle cancer and the rolls The cannabinoids play. Always something to learn more.

My first question..
Do non-decarboxylated cannabinoids have the same healing effect as the decarbed ones? Removing the OH group allowsassage blood/brain barrier to activate/attach to receptors. That allows users to get "high". Of course, that is in the brain. What about the rest of the body? I have to think a receptor is a receptor no matter where it is located?

CCO is the way to "heal". I'm just trying to learn.

Here's some info on Cannabis and Arthritis that might be helpful to you while you are reading and researching, provided by "Americans for Safe Access" at Safeaccess.org:

Arthritis and Medical Cannabis

It has some testimonials in it as well. :)

Congrats on being on the up side of beating the breast cancer! Awesome to read for sure. :thumb:

A little off topic but someone asked the question about the storm. We have 15" of snow so far and we are expecting 6" more by 11PM tonight.

I can't go outside, so I will sit in here all day and just b-u-z-z... Rather than just Brrrrrrrr.

:love::circle-of-love::love:

WJ
:ciao:

A little off topic but someone asked the question about the storm. We have 15" of snow so far and we are expecting 6" more by 11PM tonight.

I can't go outside, so I will sit in here all day and just b-u-z-z... Rather than just Brrrrrrrr.

:love::circle-of-love::love:

WJ
:ciao:

Hey Wild Man, what color is your liquid when you are done and pouring it out of the distiller?

And I sure hope you don't get too much more snow!

For anyone that's interested in making canna-juice for e-cigs Mr. Amazing has found a step by step guide for me. It's similar to tincture but made specifically for e-cigs (meaning it won't clog your cartridges).
Just hit me up and I'll PM you a link.

Back
Top Bottom