Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg & More! CFL's - LED - HPS

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg and More! CFL's/LED/HPS

Put a WiFi camera in there like some people do LOL :)
Don't think the thought didn't occur to me. LOL I have a home security system that I built piece by piece that I can log into online and see all over my house and property even on my smart phone. I'd probably be gazing so long at my plants that a burglar could come in and wipe me out cuz I was too busy watching the girls. :rofl:

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg and More! CFL's/LED/HPS

Don't think the thought didn't occur to me. LOL I have a home security system that I built piece by piece that I can log into online and see all over my house and property even on my smart phone. I'd probably be gazing so long at my plants that a burglar could come in and wipe me out cuz I was too busy watching the girls. :rofl:

:rofl:

Ya know.....I was beginning to think I was falling behind on grows similar to my schedule because I wasn't seeing any frosting on the leaves yet. But, I got to looking at the latest pictures I uploaded and I think this one shows some. Am I wrong?
11-6_update2.jpg

yeah, I'm bored at work again. Can you tell? LOL

definate "frost" and I'll say it once again...for a first time grow "especially under flouros" you're looking frick'in amazing. I don't usually look for "frost" until the stretch is over (give or take 3-4 weeks depending what you're growing and when/how you flip.) In other words, I usually start cussing bad @ 22 days if I don't see any, lol.

Nice grow! I just started my first indoor grow in Coco about 6 weeks ago and it's been a real experience. Good luck to the finish here. Your doing a great job! +Reps

Nice grow! I just started my first indoor grow in Coco about 6 weeks ago and it's been a real experience. Good luck to the finish here. Your doing a great job! +Reps
Thanks Rooki Root! Congrats on your first grow too! I wish you the best with it. :thumb:

Okay guys, get those GF's, wives...Mothers...kids or who ever ready for a project!
I have the prototype for my fabric grow pots ready for production. I had some thick felt fabric in my sewing room and there is just enough to make two pots when I'm done. So I built one this morning, it is not sewn yet...just pinned together. For the handles I'm using old straps from a carry all hunting bag, but you can use straps from old backpacks or whatever. I haven't cut those yet.
I will be doing a complete DIY write up on this and putting it in the DIY thread when I've perfected it. Keep in mind this is inside out. Here's the prototype pic:
Prototype_fabric_grow_pot.jpg

Why am I doing this instead of buying them? Well....cuz I'm cheap ...especially when I don't have any money. LOL And if you know anything about me by following my grow by now, it's that I love to make things myself. :)
It took me longer waiting for the picture to hit my email account than it did cutting and pinning this pot. LOL

& not only does she grow but she also...

That looks good Canna. What are the dimensions? It looks taller relative to width than the store-bought bags.

That looks good Canna. What are the dimensions? It looks taller relative to width than the store-bought bags.
Hey Peejay! It is taller in the pic than it will be finished. I cut an 11" round bottom for it, but I'm going to go with 12" on the finished product I think. I do want it wider, and not so much like the stove pipe hats the chimney sweep guys wear. LOL
I'm going to cut one of the 5 gallon grow bags I have to use as a pattern for the width tonight. This was just a quick "will it work" prototype.
:thumb:

I never did find that link to the instructions for one-seam bags. I looked, but for the life of me I couldn't find it again. I did find a forum discussion where people were making them. The consensus was that it was best to have zigzag seams on the outside of the pot instead of the inside. They liked something called eco-felt for the fabric.

They should work every bit as well as ready made bags. Very cool. I look forward to seeing the completed project.:goodjob:

When you have the bags completed also think about some sort of stand you can place under them to allow for better drainage. If you place them directly on the drain tray the bottom of the bag will stay saturated and I have found the roots will grow through the bottom of the bag making for a messy clean up when you go to use them again

I use large net pots with little nubs on the bottom like this:

image3920.jpg

But there are many things that will work...I'm sure you will come up with a great idea

Just giving you a heads up...and another project :)

When you have the bags completed also think about some sort of stand you can place under them to allow for better drainage. If you place them directly on the drain tray the bottom of the bag will stay saturated and I have found the roots will grow through the bottom of the bag making for a messy clean up when you go to use them again

I use large net pots with little nubs on the bottom like this:
But there are many things that will work...I'm sure you will come up with a great idea

Just giving you a heads up...and another project :)
Thanks Jay, I love those net pots. I have some really small ones here and they were not expensive. I have some round cooling racks that might work out perfectly, and Rainstacks just made some racks out of coat hangers to set his pots on for drainage and airflow, looks like they will work out well. Seems like the closet racks would work out too, I have some of those lying around in the basement. We'll see how that goes. :thanks:

Thanks Jay, I love those net pots. I have some really small ones here and they were not expensive. I have some round cooling racks that might work out perfectly, and Rainstacks just made some racks out of coat hangers to set his pots on for drainage and airflow, looks like they will work out well. Seems like the closet racks would work out too, I have some of those lying around in the basement. We'll see how that goes. :thanks:

Yeah!....the round cooling racks is exactly what I was thinking

Back
Top Bottom