Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg & More! CFL's - LED - HPS

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg and More! CFL's/LED/HPS

Them there are for sure absolutely boys and I seriously doubt (pride keeps me from stating in the absolute in case some mutant proves me wrong a.k.a Arnold Swartzneggar actually becoming someone, despite his actual intelligence...but I digress, in case I end up wrong sums it up, lol) they have seeds in them no matter what the appearance/hope/desire.

Don Paul if I remember right moved back in with his mom; so his absence here briefly could be any one of a number of circumstances; I have the impression that he's very young (early 20's or so) and am rooting for "love" hopefully causing this latest respite as I think I recall the last one almost a year or so ago was a tad more negative..."Go Love!!!" Lmfao

Thanks Jam,
I am positive it's a boy...no question on that LOL, I was trying to figure out where the pollen would form and what those banana things were inside the sac.
I have since found some pics and you tube information that explains the process for me. When those pods are mature they form pollen inside, then the pod...male flower actually, will open up and the pollen spreads out of it. The banana looking things in the center are still kind of fuzzy to understand, but I now have a general picture in my mind. This plant is not ready to produce pollen yet.
Thanks for the help though. :) And I won't file a missing on DonPaul.p now, he'll be back around. :thumb:

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg and More! CFL's/LED/HPS

Seriously Sweety, junk 'em boys. It's ridiculously easy to get seeds from MJ through cloning and stressing down the road for production. If "breeding" is the desire then you probably want the best of both (male and female) to accomplish that. Usually (in my humble opinion/experience) the worst male is usually kept and the best females are showcased as they are not...ie, chopped and showcased.

I'm keeping it to learn the process. Learning by an actual visual is much better for me than just reading or being informed of. I want to completely understand it.
For example;
I never understood how a computer operated, although many people tried to explain....it still was not sinking in completely. I had a computer go down, so instead of chucking it in the trash....I opted to tear it apart and see if I could understand what happened. During that "tear down", I began to understand many more things about computers. That "tear down" of the first computer made me a lot of money during the major home pc buying era, repairing them. I could never have done that if I didn't completely understand how they ticked.
This is how I'm looking at these plants. I WANT to know what makes them tick, so that it will help me down the road to do the things I'm interested in doing with them.
That's the way I am.
My favorite saying: "Tell me I will listen, but SHOW me and I will understand"

Link please...

Don't forget the third school of thought on the matter. Some really successful folks chose to bend the light blocking fan leaves down. Pinch the stem on the leaf until it mushes up and move the leaf to where it isn't blocking special parts. Most of the time the leaf bounces right back only it's gimped to one side and down - but still a really healthy factory producing energy for the plant. Sometimes the leaf gets manhandled a little too much and croaks. Meh. So what? Some of the most successful growers here do that with great results.
I took that advice this morning at feeding time, and did a lot of bending, but more like tucking. I opened up a LOT of buds that I hadn't seen until I did that.
I also defoliated the scrawny one a bit this morning. We'll see how she reacts.
Thanks Peejay!:thanks:

I took that advice this morning at feeding time, and did a lot of bending, but more like tucking. I opened up a LOT of buds that I hadn't seen until I did that.
I also defoliated the scrawny one a bit this morning. We'll see how she reacts.
Thanks Peejay!:thanks:

I'd been doing that to both the big SCRoGed plants. Helen's canopy was just too dense for it to work anymore. It was shocking when I opened the cab this morning to move her outside and I saw what I'd done to her. :whoa:

I reckon it all comes down to situational management.

Hi Canna, loooking great in there! The flower anatomy is quite confusing. I am going to try and clear it up.

Everything on left is male flower. The green seed looking things you are seeing are the pollen sacs. Same as bottom left hand drawing. Once they mature they turn yellow. Every get lilies as a gift? They have those big orange or yellow anthers that make such a mess? Same part!
Okay so the anther(male part) releases pollen which lands on the pistils, the white fuzzy whohaas on the females. The ovule I drew in green in the upper right hand corner is then fertilized and turns into a seed.
flower_pic.gif

:high-five:

Hey Rain, great stuff there! Geez, all you had to say was Lillies and it would have struck me. Yeah, those things make a HUGE mess and that stuff stains like a "B" when they get that pollen on them.
Thanks a bunch! (now you see how new I really am to this gardening stuff. LOL):thanks:

Ya know.....I was beginning to think I was falling behind on grows similar to my schedule because I wasn't seeing any frosting on the leaves yet. But, I got to looking at the latest pictures I uploaded and I think this one shows some. Am I wrong?
11-6_update2.jpg

yeah, I'm bored at work again. Can you tell? LOL

Back
Top Bottom