Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Happy Sunday!

Today is day 1of the second USA🇺🇸/AUS🇦🇺 comparative grow with @Trala!
We'll both be Growing a @Barney's Farm
Critical Kush photo/fem.

Here's a little info from the website:

"Critical Kush Strain by Barneys Farm
Critical Kush comes from a blend of the famous Critical Mass with our own OG Kush. This is an extremely vigorous and powerful Indica plant which yields huge amounts of strong Kush. You can take pleasure in its sticky feel, crystal covered buds, aromatic scent and don’t forget the ultimate knockout stone.
This new hybrid is a significant advance in modern breeding and its Indica dominant nature makes it ideal for relaxation, pain relief and late night smoking.

Is Critical Kush Indica or Sativa?
The Critical Kush strain by Barneys Farm is 100% Indica."

Here's whats going on so far:

I roughed the seed up a bit with the nail file
1.jpg

And into the water it went...this was yesterday apx. 9am
2.jpg

It'll sit on the router to keep things nice n' warm...and, ideally, after 24 hours or so, she'll pop out a taproot...
3.jpg

She'll be going into a little wick-watered SIP- Here's how I install the 4 wicks.
4- sip prep.jpg

The skewer holds the wicks until you fill the cup with soil, then you pull the stick out and the wicks stay put.
4a.jpg

ta-da...
4b.jpg

Today-
The taproot showed up right on time...
5 root.jpg

Grabbed the seed with my anti-squish tweezers..
6 here we go....jpg

Dropped it in the hole, covered it up....
8 now we wait....jpg

And moved the SIP onto the seedling warmer, where it'll sit until something sprouts...
I added about a quarter tsp of Grow Dots to the soil, and a couple drops of Superthrive in the res.
When she grows up, she'll be fed Grow Dots for her first 55 days, then Prescription Blend from then on..
9 Seed warmer.jpg

Trala's seed also went into the dirt today, so in 4 or 5 days we should
both have something growing..👍

Thanks for looking-

I'll post up some pics when/if something sprouts...

Have a great week, and keep those gardens thriving!

Nice Swick set-up @Carcass :thumb:

Back when I was using those I built mine with 550 cord which worked great but I found I had to dead-end it in the media. Doing a loop from water, through the soil, and back to the water I found didn't offload enough water along its length.

But, looks like you're using cotton string which will probably work better, but just something to be aware of if it doesn't look like it's moving enough water.

Nice set up Carcass, that's pretty cool. 🍋
Thanks, Keith!
Hopefully, it lets the seedling grow water roots right off the bat, so she doesn't have to pause and convert from soil roots to water roots when she goes into the big sip...🤔
Nice Swick set-up @Carcass :thumb:
Ha! I never even thought about it, but it's not a SIP, it's a Swick!..duh...
just something to be aware of if it doesn't look like it's moving enough water.

Thanks, Azi- I may have accidentally gotten the wicks just about right - this will be my third plant in there, and the first two did pretty well.👍

Beautiful work with the Blue Gelato 41 harvest @Carcass, an outstanding haul and lovely looking buds! :thumb:

Some fancy swicking you have going on for that newly germinated seed. All the best for your next grow with @Trala - looking forward to it!

Happy Sunday!

Critical Kush photo/fem.

Critical Kush comes from a blend of the famous Critical Mass with our own OG Kush. This is an extremely vigorous and powerful Indica plant which yields huge amounts of strong Kush. You can take pleasure in its sticky feel, crystal covered buds, aromatic scent and don’t forget the ultimate knockout stone.
This new hybrid is a significant advance in modern breeding and its Indica dominant nature makes it ideal for relaxation, pain relief and late night smoking.

1.jpg

2.jpg

It'll sit on the router to keep things nice n' warm...and, ideally, after 24 hours or so, she'll pop out a taproot...
3.jpg

She'll be going into a little wick-watered SIP- Here's how I install the 4 wicks.
4- sip prep.jpg

The skewer holds the wicks until you fill the cup with soil, then you pull the stick out and the wicks stay put.
4a.jpg

ta-da...
4b.jpg

Today-
5 root.jpg

6 here we go....jpg

8 now we wait....jpg

And moved the SIP onto the seedling warmer, where it'll sit until something sprouts...
I added about a quarter tsp of Grow Dots to the soil, and a couple drops of Superthrive in the res.
When she grows up, she'll be fed Grow Dots for her first 55 days, then Prescription Blend from then on..
9 Seed warmer.jpg

Thanks for looking-

Ha! I finally made it to page 1 of someone's journal! I'm here from the very beginning!

Wait, what's that you say, perpetual?

Oh shit, nevermind.

I'm still looking forward Carcass! :Rasta:

an outstanding haul and lovely looking buds! :thumb:
Thanks, Stunger! -and you've got 3 of the same coming up!
All the best for your next grow with @Trala - looking forward to it!
This one is going to work out I'm pretty sure..
I am fully stealing your curing method! Containers on order!
Ha! My son goes through a jug of that stuff every 45 days, so I've got a constant supply...
Ha! I finally made it to page 1 of someone's journal!
Page 1, page 445...close enough!

fixed it...

I just put the post number(8887), instead of the page number-445....
Not just a senior moment, but a zooted senior moment..:ganjamon:

Hey hey C Gelato!

Those pics are amazing! I really hope you put them in the comps. Not necessarily to win, even though she’s an obvious winner, but to share your work.

Rob messaged me. He really likes it when we support his comps. Work like yours needs to be shared. Well I think it does.

If I grew that, I’d have the motherfucker tattooed on my back! With I GREW THIS inked under it! lol!

Fingers crossed we Comparative. I think I’ve been trying to dance with you for over a year now! Fingers crossed third time lucky!

Happy Sunday!

Critical Kush photo/fem.

ta-da...

Today-

Thanks for looking-

Meanwhile I got some dirt, put it in a pot, made a hole and stuck a seed in it…

Lolling!

Happy Monday!
No update today, since I've got nothing growing right now...but, I did want to have a look at the roots from the Blue Gelato 41 grow- so here goes:

First, I got rid of all the branches, so I don't poke my eye out while I'm doing this....
1.jpg

I pulled out the 4 screws that hold this thing together, and pulled it apart- it looks pretty good- quite a few roots grew into the water, just like last time- doesn't hurt a thing...
2a.jpg

Just a bit of residue in the rez..
3.jpg

She had a pretty good root system going...more roots made it to the surface than the last one...
4.jpg

Hold on now...where's the taproot?
5.jpg

Remember I mentioned that this plant had sunk into the ground about 3 inches?
Here's what that does to the taproot...
6.jpg

A closer look...looks more like a potato than a taproot... 😁
7.jpg

All trimmed up- you can see it's basically shaped like a "z"- that's where the 3 inches went..
8e.jpg

And, the double mop bucket SIP got cleaned up a bit...
9.jpg

And, it's ready to go again- if all goes well, there should be a little baby Critical Kush in there in about three weeks...🤞
10.jpg

And that's all for right now!

Thanks for looking..👍

When/if the Critical Kush sprouts, I'll post up some pics...
Have a great week!

And, the quotes:
You guys make me laugh :love:
:thumb:
Those pics are amazing!
Thanks so much, T.!- The pics in your journal ain't bad either👍
Fingers crossed we Comparative.
I've got a feeling this one is going to work out just fine....
Meanwhile I got some dirt, put it in a pot, made a hole and stuck a seed in it…
Nuttin' to it- this time tomorrow, we'll both have sprouts! (I hope)💚
Here we go!:green_heart:
This should be a good one, Stone!
🤞🙂🤞

I hope you know that as part of your joint grow, Trala is going to want you to paint the bench in that last pic you posted. :Rasta:

Trala is going to want you to paint the bench in that last pic you posted. :Rasta:
No way!
It's taken me 25 years to get it to look like that...😁
She might also mention that someone needs to sweep up around there..and
she'd be right about that!🧹

Well Hello, little Critical Kush baby!
There was a little dirt mound in the cup this morning, then she finally popped all the way out around 2pm...
ck1.jpg

A closer look..she's got a nice, fat stem- that's always a good thing!
ck2.jpg

22k lux right out of the ground- it should help to keep her nice and short for awhile...
ck3 22k lux.jpg

Trala's Critical Kush also sprouted earlier today, so the comparative grow is on !👍
Tralas CK.jpeg

That's all for now, Thanks for stopping by!

Back
Top Bottom