Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

I'm not sure compressed air is easier on the trichomes
I only used about 10 psi...I was going to wash them, but after right after trimming,I found out my granddaughter was on the way over,so I had to speed things up a bit. I just blew them off real quick and got them into the back room about 2 minutes before she got here.
Most of the cat hair went away in the trimming process,so they were mainly just dusty anyway...

Here's an overhead shot..(Saugaview®)PPa on the left,G2a on the right
:thumb:

Impressive Carcass! :bravo: Nice looking colas everywhere!!

Most compressed air systems create moisture and most likely have trace amounts of oil/water in the air if unfiltered. Unless it's an oil-free pump :) But man, those colas!

Thanks for the compliment,Mr Sauga!
most likely have trace amounts of oil/water in the air if unfiltered.
It's an oilless compressor with a water trap, and I used very low pressure,and held the nozzle about a foot from the buds-I honestly don't think it did much toward cleaning the buds-it did blow some of the ash off of them from all the fires we've been having around here,so that's something...

5 hour trimming session
You estimated 4 hours. This is bogus!!

(Reads through your update thoroughly..)

Jesus Murphy (that’s my friend Jesus, not The Jesus)

:drool::adore:
I don’t even know where to begin.

My butt went numb about two hours in....
Yeah! Well no kidding! You sat on the most uncomfortable chair you could have found! I’m surprised you didn’t haul out your sofa recliner. Damn that’s what I would of done... 5 hours! Damn man! My ADHD would have kicked in and I would have started chasing butterflies or something! 5 hours!! Damn man!! You get hella props!

ok now... that main cola!! :drool::adore: Wooooooooowy! #NOTM

ok. I need to collect my self here, I’ve got my car keys, pack of smokes, wallet, 4 dollars, and 35 Cents (CAD, so its all in change) on the floor. I started reading your update, finished it, and I started taking shit out of my pockets, standing up, sitting down. Scratch my ass a bit, and I was in Aww!

Ok... I think of regained my composure, and I’m back to my self now...

Beautiful blossoms Carcass

Hey, you know carcass is a guy right?

:rofl:

You sat on the most uncomfortable chair you could have found!

Thanks,BL- In retrospect, I could have at least put a pillow under my bony ass,to
help out a little :)

While I'm here I've got an update on Ms Cheese -she dried a lot faster than I thought she would,so I decided to stick her in the jars today,before she got crispy....

Here's a big cookie sheet full o nugs,after de-stemming:
1.jpg

Moved her into a bowl after I weighed the nugs-My gram scale only weighs up to 50g,so I had to load it up 6 times,for a total weight of 259.8g or 9.27oz
2.jpg

Remember I pollinated one little bud? Well,I may have been a little too careful with that pollen,because I got a total of 5 seeds...I was hoping for 4 times that many,but I'll make do with 5....definitely better than nothing...
3.jpg

And here she is in her final resting place(s)-I'll have to burp them 3 or 4 times a day for awhile,
some of the buds were just right,but the bigger ones need to get a little drier, and I'd rather put them in the jars a little wet,rather than too dry-you can dry them more,but you can't wet them again once they're too dry...
4.jpg

And that's about it for MsCheese- some of her offspring will be growing in the same spot next season....I'll probably plant them on 4/20/20....seems appropriate...

Thanks for following along with her,I really appreciate it!

I'll see you back in here on Monday when I do my usual update on the indoor autos...

Have A Great Weekend,everyone!:peace:

Congratulations on the big cheese!! :yummy: Great harvest!
A trick I learned from Preston was to move the buds into a smaller box, like a shoe box, until the humidity gets closer to where you want to jar up. I’ve been doing that the last couple harvests and it seems to work really well for me. Saves a lot of burping, plus it helps because I’m not so great at remembering to do it!!

Thanks for the suggestion,HH- We've had some very low humidity here, and they were drying too fast in the closet even without a fan blowing, so I just stuck them in the jars to stop the drying process- but I think I'll put them in a shoebox for a day or 2- I don't have a working hygrometer,but they seem a little too wet this morning.

Hope you got some feeling back into your numbum!
It did come back eventually :) That's the same stool I usually use,but it doesn't usually take 5 hours...next time I'll use something with some padding...like a real chair maybe...

Thanks,VG!
I tried to dry it in one piece but it was a little too dense,so I had to chop it up...
Should have some more of those next year,if the seeds work...

I think they'll probably work, I hope there's a few females in that 5...

I think they'll probably work, I hope there's a few females in that 5...

That sounds like a seed run to me. ;)

I've got to do one myself. Seedsman appears to have taken their CBD Cream and Cheese off of the market. That was a high yielder, 22% THC / 18% CBD and 12.4oz from a single plant in half a 2' X 4' tent. I have six seeds left...

Yes it does!
I've got to get it done soon-Seedsman's Halloween sale is over in a day and a half...

Damn! that's some good growing right there!

I could hardly believe the numbers myself. The Candida sharing the tent only produced 3.3oz, so I haven't broken the lb mark in that tent yet. Still, it's more than double what I ever harvested from that tent before. I'm happy!

Great result there mate. Loads of stinky cheese. Trimming has to be the worst part of the process. I was up until 2am finishing mine off last night. There was some very rough trimming getting done towards the end.

Back
Top Bottom