Carnival: A Community Grow Experience

Very tight node spacing she has there. She is perfect size to get beheaded or a hair cut. Any plans for that?

I mentored under Graytail, so my training mirrors his, and it's worked quite well for me, when I've paid attention. :laughtwo: I'll let her run wild until she's somewhere around 12-14" and then, just as she makes a spurt upwards, I'll top her. At this stage the plant is mature enough that the canopy pretty much sets itself in a week or less with some simple bending and tucking.

I'll be playing with some other approaches with the other plants, but with Carnival I'll stick to that method.

I would like to welcome Matilda to the carnival fun! In a few short months we shall see what this is all about!

991cd1adce807752764c2fa7bc3da802.jpg

I would like to welcome Matilda to the carnival fun! In a few short months we shall see what this is all about!

991cd1adce807752764c2fa7bc3da802.jpg

Welcome little one. :circle-of-love:

Time for an update photo. My little one's at Day 22 now. Waiting on me to harvest the Dark Devil Auto so I can revamp the closet to accommodate a couple vegging photos in one gallon pots.

She's a little tired. It's at the very end of her day.

image11808.jpeg

image11809.jpeg

She got upcanned today. Day 24.

image11924.jpeg

I'm looking at that picture and getting really excited. I think I got the leggy pheno with this one. My first was the squatty, bushy one.

Oooo...... :slide:

Hard to tell so early, but there will be no doubt later they grow quite different.
I got a clone in 4 weeks now with training and lst it did not stretch to much but driving long lateral branches out.

Is this where I put this??? :)

M.O.C. CARVIVAL
Strain: Carnival
Breeder: M.O.C.
Type: mostly sativa
Flowering: ~63 days
Normal or female seeds.
Ministry of Cannabis - Carnival

Carnival: there is no name that can better represent the effect of this plant in your mind. The word carnival reminds you of a happy atmosphere all around, to Venice and the thousands of people dressed like centuries ago, or to Rio, Brazil, where millions of people go crazy just for a few days a year.

This strain has been designed to bring the carnival into your mind. The entire process of selection and crossing has been made in Spain. This is a cross between a Haze mother and a particular individual mostly sativa as father.

Carnival has an extremely high content of thc: the laboratory test on our sample has shown an amazing 23,2%. This is not the only good note, the flowering time is really short for a plant that is 80% sativa.

Flowering time: 9 weeks
Yield Indoor: 400-450 g/m²
Yield Outdoor: up to 300 gram per plant
User-Generated Strain-Profile

Known Phenotypes:
beta version - add an other phenotype
1.: short, compact, fastly blossoming, sativa-dominant Phenotype #1

image12013.jpeg
image12015.jpeg

Awwww.... Noob, you made my evening. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

That's why I am growing two. Maybe I will get two different phenos to clone
We have a a few more seeds....may have to sacrifice one to make some female seeds out of. Hell we can just use a clone. Who knows. I have no problem buying seeds but when you can make them with a $20 bottle of collodial silver, why not.

We have a a few more seeds....may have to sacrifice one to make some female seeds out of. Hell we can just use a clone. Who knows. I have no problem buying seeds but when you can make them with a $20 bottle of collodial silver, why not.

You should do a tutorial. I know Dr Ziggy has a journal about using colloidal silver. I just plan on cloning. I only have the one seed left. I can't mess these two up. lol

I mentored under Graytail, so my training mirrors his, and it's worked quite well for me, when I've paid attention. :laughtwo: I'll let her run wild until she's somewhere around 12-14" and then, just as she makes a spurt upwards, I'll top her. At this stage the plant is mature enough that the canopy pretty much sets itself in a week or less with some simple bending and tucking.

I'll be playing with some other approaches with the other plants, but with Carnival I'll stick to that method.

Do you not top it because of some other reasons besides that's what Graytail does (which is enough, lol)? I was asking because the breeder of my Cinderella99 suggest not to top. Just wondering if I should know something about this plant before I go medieval on her.

Do you not top it because of some other reasons besides that's what Graytail does (which is enough, lol)? I was asking because the breeder of my Cinderella99 suggest not to top. Just wondering if I should know something about this plant before I go medieval on her.

I know both Cajun and supergroomer topped their Cindys with no problem, at least I think Cajun did. They both tend to top early, very early in Supergroomer's case. Supergroomer didn't grow his out though, and Cajun's AWOL, so that information may be relatively useless to you. :straightface: I recall supergroomer having no problem with the topping.

Graytail taught me to train that way and it worked so beautifully when done correctly that I was sold. I still play with the LOS plants, but the kit girls I tend to stick with his technique. Don't mess with success. I'll probably begin using that method across the board. This grow cycle I'm playing with alternative training techniques, so we'll see.

Hi Sue,

This sounds like a great strain so it's on my radar for when I buy some seeds. Do you recommend any strains for chronic pain, back, neck etc...?

Thanks!

I'd recommend any of the CBD strains that have at least a balanced ratio, if not a higher ratio of CBD:THC. I've been watching my daughter get familiar with Med GOM 1.0, which can come in as high as 2:1 CBD:THC, and it's amazing the speed with which this strain hits. There's virtually no euphoria, but almost instantaneous relief from both pain and anxiety. She doses three times a day, three puffs on the vaporizer. This protocol has given her the first relief from anxiety in her life and reduced pain from old injuries to the point that she doesn't register them at all while medicated.

I'm in awe that these strains can be this effective. I'm beginning to play around with hitting a few CBD leaves prior to smoking my favorite sativas. I'm playing with trying to learn to enhance the THC effects with minor additions of CBD. I also have a pulled muscle in my back that's been nagging me for 15 months now and I want to see how much relief CBD can offer me, without interfering with my buzz.

This is the only one I have any direct experience with, but I'd assume the other strains with this ratio would perform the same way.

Carnival, on the other hand, would be high enough in THC that you won't care about the pain. :laughtwo:

I'd recommend any of the CBD strains that have at least a balanced ratio, if not a higher ratio of CBD:THC. I've been watching my daughter get familiar with Med GOM 1.0, which can come in as high as 2:1 CBD:THC, and it's amazing the speed with which this strain hits. There's virtually no euphoria, but almost instantaneous relief from both pain and anxiety. She doses three times a day, three puffs on the vaporizer. This protocol has given her the first relief from anxiety in her life and reduced pain from old injuries to the point that she doesn't register them at all while medicated.

I'm in awe that these strains can be this effective. I'm beginning to play around with hitting a few CBD leaves prior to smoking my favorite sativas. I'm playing with trying to learn to enhance the THC effects with minor additions of CBD. I also have a pulled muscle in my back that's been nagging me for 15 months now and I want to see how much relief CBD can offer me, without interfering with my buzz.

This is the only one I have any direct experience with, but I'd assume the other strains with this ratio would perform the same way.

Carnival, on the other hand, would be high enough in THC that you won't care about the pain. :laughtwo:

Awesome, thanks Sue! I'm asking for my GF who has lupus, is on dialysis and has a lot of chronic pain. We are in a state fairly new to Med MJ so not sure if the "dispensaries" have the CBD strains but will look into. I'm personally interested in Carnival because I don't like couch lock.

Back
Top Bottom