CBD Auto EmmyStack In AziSIPs, GeoFlora, Sweet Candy, Dynomyco, Roots Organic Soil +

I understand. I told her that there had been mold on part of it, and that I had treated it, but it was only for external use (and I marked the bag also). She still wanted it.
I am praying it will be all right.
WooHoo! I make a very potent stem soak with isopropyl alcohol, but you could use bud. Do you think that would kill the nasties?

You can strain and use as is, or evaporate and add to any other carrier.

WooHoo! I make a very potent stem soak with isopropyl alcohol, but you could use bud. Do you think that would kill the nasties?
If you are talking about the mold, many things kill mold, but that's not the point. The problem are the toxins produced by mold, and those toxins persist after the mold is dead. These are called mycotoxins and are a nasty health hazard. There are different mycotoxins produced by different molds.

Again, there are two different things going on here... 1) how best to extract cannabinoids from the bud material (i.e. oil or solvent), and 2) how best to deliver the medicine as a topical that will seep into the body.

Isopropyl alcohol isn't a good solvent, because you can't ingest it (it's toxic). If you are extracting with isopropyl, and then evaporating it off, you will still be left with a small amount of it in the finished product. The best alcohol to use is high-quality, organic food grade ethanol. If not that, Everclear grain alcohol. However, alcohol does seep into the body some when applied topically, and this is generally not a great idea. So, oil-based preparations are better.

If you really want the topical preparation to deliver the medicine into the body, then use high-quality, pharmaceutical-grade DMSO. Care must be exercised with DMSO, because whatever molecules are in your mix, they will be taken into the body. In fact, DMSO is a solvent, so you need to be careful about whatever it comes into contact with.

Back
Top Bottom