CBD Auto EmmyStack In AziSIPs, GeoFlora, Sweet Candy, Dynomyco, Roots Organic Soil +

unfortunately you are fighting your climate. the best thing to do outdoor under those circumstances is to ensure lots and lots of room between your plants while you flower. you don't want them bunched up or close.
Yes, thanks.
The buckets are about maybe 2-3 apart, and the plants are small. The branches have plenty of airflow. I trimmed before, and I guess it is chop-city mañana.
defol practices become more important as well to increase airflow through the plant. there's not much else you can do outdoor aside from keeping close watch.
Siii....
Hahaha! Well, I guess "mold resistant strain" does not mean mold proof!! Lol!
:thumb:

Hahaha! I love your name, @MedScientist ! (Haha, now WHY did I not think of that??)
If I had chosen MedScientist, then people would expect Medical science experiments from me! (Hahaha!)
I am glad you caught the budrot in time.

I am in SIPs. I am not sure if you are familiar, but the soil is constantly moist.
WooHoo! Thanks!

In the beginning of my Growlife, I had a lot of problems, so I was forced to learn about everything! Once I found the problem which wasn't operator error, it was offgassing from my tubing, it was Game on! I Started doing a lot of experimenting which gave me the idea of MedScientist!

I am familiar with sips. My preferred growing method is straight Turface, with microfiber wicks! Soooo many benefits!

Edit.. I just wanted to add, Med in MedScientist is for Medicine!

WooHoo! Thanks!
In the beginning of my Growlife, I had a lot of problems, so I was forced to learn about everything!
Hahaha, sounds like what is happening here! (It is Deja Vú all over again!)

I had it blessed while I was in the USA. You could just go down to the Home Depot or any or all of three grow shops, and you could buy everything.
Here, everything is a stopgap (especially on this grow).
I am hoping I will learn enough to do Supersoil without problems.

Once I found the problem which wasn't operator error, it was offgassing from my tubing, it was Game on! I Started doing a lot of experimenting which gave me the idea of MedScientist!
Oy. Hmm... what were you doing that you had problems from offgassing from your tubing?

I am familiar with sips. My preferred growing method is straight Turface, with microfiber wicks! Soooo many benefits!
????? :hmmmm:

Turface is a product originally designed for baseball fields, but is now widely accepted for use with plants and animals. It was first used by aquarium hobbyists and is now popular with dart frog hobbyists, plant enthusiasts, and orchid hobbyists!

Turface can be used with froglets as it is a great substrate to hold lots of microfauna. Plants can easily root into it and thrive in their temporary grow-out containers as well! It is also commonly mixed with ABG to improve drainage and increase microfauna populations. It may also be mixed into or used as a base layer with the calcium bearing clay substrate that Glass Box Tropicals offer HERE.

This is offered in a 50lb bulk bag.

What do you like about Turface?
And what is the deal with "microfauna" (algae??)
Edit.. I just wanted to add, Med in MedScientist is for Medicine!
Haha, yeah, I get it!
It is still a great handle.

I was named "Most Scientific" in my high school graduating class. Probably it was because the autism was undiagnosed at that point, and I took to science like a fish to water, because with the autism, trial and error (and monitoring the results) seems to be the only way I know how to get through social situations. It is a major, major kludge (kind of like the only way you know how to drive is to play bumper cars or to scrape the guardrail, and then try better next time).
(And that is with the 1:1 CBD. Without CBD it is even more of a horror show... :eek: )

But with the CBD 1:1, at least I can eventually "rise above" the messes and car crashes, and given sufficient time I can deal with the issues... but still people tell me I remind them of Spock 😂
So if I say something strange, please just understand that that is the autism (because I am kind of forced to inhabit a parallel universe, not by choice.)

Ok, the girls are cut, trimmed (a little), bud washed, and hung.
Because inside air is stagnant. Rarely is there no air movement outside. Still, moving moist air around doesn't dry out your flowers.
Hahaha, I hope moving moist air around will help dry out the cut girls a little!!

hung.jpg

11 Roses Auto also lost a cola tip. I am watching her closely.

I *could have brought the BlueBerry Crystal Autos inside the grow room, but "Mr. Tao" said that 18/6 is the most light they will take in flower. (I do not understand why some autos can go 24/7, and some need 18/6.)

I am trying to read up on @SweetSue 's and @tangwena 's Malawi Cob thread, and @MrMagoo 's Essentials thread. It seems like it makes sense. They say it works best with Sativa, but this is what I have, so I hope it will work.
If not I need to find another way to store the buds in case I lose my grow space in the future.

Also, I was reading the thread, and they are talking about vaccuum-sealing jars. How do I do that??

For vacuum jar sealers, do I want manual? Or Electric?
(I better get it on the way!)

Manual option:

vacuum.jpg

Electric option:

lecric.jpg

EDIT: Or I guess i can get a bundle. I would have to verify the dimensions.
(Do the lids and the seals wear out? Or can you reuse them many times?)
Does anyone have a combination that works for them?
Thank you. If this is not an appropriate post, please just let me know how to modify things.

bundle.jpg

Is one better than the others??

Congratulations on the harvest!
Hahaha, I hope moving moist air around will help dry out the cut girls a little!!
I am unable to convince my 21 year old son that leaving a fan on in an empty room will not cool it down for when he comes back in. But that's about temperature.

If you have a closed room that's 70% RH with buds in it, the buds will get to 70% RH no matter what you do with airflow. If your buds are wetter or dryer they will get to 70%, even if you point a fan directly at them.
Also, I was reading the thread, and they are talking about vaccuum-sealing jars. How do I do that??
Looks like you found your answer!
For vacuum jar sealers, do I want manual? Or Electric?
Most likely a cost issue. And I'm sure those lids are reusable until the seals wear out eventually.

Make sure the jars are big enough to store enough weed in each or you will spend your life savings on jars. :)

Hahaha, sounds like what is happening here! (It is Deja Vú all over again!)

I had it blessed while I was in the USA. You could just go down to the Home Depot or any or all of three grow shops, and you could buy everything.
Here, everything is a stopgap (especially on this grow).
I am hoping I will learn enough to do Supersoil without problems.

Oy. Hmm... what were you doing that you had problems from offgassing from your tubing?

????? :hmmmm:

Turface is a product originally designed for baseball fields, but is now widely accepted for use with plants and animals. It was first used by aquarium hobbyists and is now popular with dart frog hobbyists, plant enthusiasts, and orchid hobbyists!

Turface can be used with froglets as it is a great substrate to hold lots of microfauna. Plants can easily root into it and thrive in their temporary grow-out containers as well! It is also commonly mixed with ABG to improve drainage and increase microfauna populations. It may also be mixed into or used as a base layer with the calcium bearing clay substrate that Glass Box Tropicals offer HERE.

This is offered in a 50lb bulk bag.

What do you like about Turface?
And what is the deal with "microfauna" (algae??)

Haha, yeah, I get it!
It is still a great handle.

I was named "Most Scientific" in my high school graduating class. Probably it was because the autism was undiagnosed at that point, and I took to science like a fish to water, because with the autism, trial and error (and monitoring the results) seems to be the only way I know how to get through social situations. It is a major, major kludge (kind of like the only way you know how to drive is to play bumper cars or to scrape the guardrail, and then try better next time).
(And that is with the 1:1 CBD. Without CBD it is even more of a horror show... :eek: )

But with the CBD 1:1, at least I can eventually "rise above" the messes and car crashes, and given sufficient time I can deal with the issues... but still people tell me I remind them of Spock 😂
So if I say something strange, please just understand that that is the autism (because I am kind of forced to inhabit a parallel universe, not by choice.)
WooHoo! I just ❤️ how you were able to separate my response, and respond to each part separately! I may need a tutorial.

Lots of similarities, Yes! But if you continue trying, you WILL become a Great Grower of Medicine! Especially, because now you have 420Mag people willing and able to bounce ideas off of!

The old tubing would offgas and cause multiple deficiencies when heated. I used for all parts of my recirculating res and feed systems.

I ❤️ Turface because, as a growing medium, it doesn't interact with my nutes. Like coco may need extra calcium.... bla bla bla. I tried straight perlite first, but I kept floating my plants when watered. The microfiber wicks keep the perched water table below my grow bucket, so I never had to worry about overwatering! Which allowed me to AutoWater from a reservoir every hour or 2, which kept the root zone available to fresh nutes and O2. I can recycle the turface each grow after a quick H2O2 wash to float out the old roots. My res stayed clear in a recirculating water system so I never have to do res changes, just add fresh water and nutes when needed. And one of the best things is, I don't have to deal with soil loving bugs! And many more things, but mostly my Grow systems are as close to.. set it and forget it!

From your previous postings, I think you are handling your autism and dealing with forums Very Well! I look forward to your Successes!

I am unable to convince my 21 year old son that leaving a fan on in an empty room will not cool it down for when he comes back in. But that's about temperature.
😂
If you have a closed room that's 70% RH with buds in it, the buds will get to 70% RH no matter what you do with airflow. If your buds are wetter or dryer they will get to 70%, even if you point a fan directly at them.
Ok. The humidity fluctuates here. The grow room door is open. I assume the warmer air spills out the top, and the cooler air flows in.
😂
Yes, if I was in the States.
I can get jars here, but they do not do canning here, so no one has Mason Jars.
I can import Mason jars, but they are crazy expensive. I can get 6 each 16 ounce jars for $40. 16 ounce, I think that is like a pint??? I think it will cost a million dollars to jar the grow that way.

I have some jars here that were imported from somewhere (probably China) by an Argentine import company.
The lids do not seal (at all). (You cannot lift the jar by the lid because the lid might come off.)

I checked the sizing for Mason jars. They say
MOUTH SIZESDIAMETER
Regular Mouth2.75 in / 7 cm
Wide Mouth3.38 in / 8.6 cm

Does this mouth look like the right size to you?? To me it looks wrong.
If it works I can order what I need from Amazon, but if the size is wrong then I will have to figure out some other way to vacuum seal the big jars.

id od.jpg

Most likely a cost issue. And I'm sure those lids are reusable until the seals wear out eventually.
👍
Make sure the jars are big enough to store enough weed in each or you will spend your life savings on jars. :)
Yeah, no kidding!!

WooHoo! I just ❤️ how you were able to separate my response, and respond to each part separately! I may need a tutorial.
I clicked "Quote".
Then I clicked "Reply".
Then I put my cursor after your word, "tutorial".
Then I hit Enter.
(Does it work for you?)

Lots of similarities, Yes! But if you continue trying, you WILL become a Great Grower of Medicine! Especially, because now you have 420Mag people willing and able to bounce ideas off of!
Yes, when I first came here I had 10" plants falling over and dying from root rot.
Hahahaha, I am glad those days are gone!!
The old tubing would offgas and cause multiple deficiencies when heated. I used for all parts of my recirculating res and feed systems.
Ahhh... res...
👍
I ❤️ Turface because, as a growing medium, it doesn't interact with my nutes. Like coco may need extra calcium.... bla bla bla. I tried straight perlite first, but I kept floating my plants when watered. The microfiber wicks keep the perched water table below my grow bucket, so I never had to worry about overwatering! Which allowed me to AutoWater from a reservoir every hour or 2, which kept the root zone available to fresh nutes and O2. I can recycle the turface each grow after a quick H2O2 wash to float out the old roots. My res stayed clear in a recirculating water system so I never have to do res changes, just add fresh water and nutes when needed. And one of the best things is, I don't have to deal with soil loving bugs! And many more things, but mostly my Grow systems are as close to.. set it and forget it!
It sounds like it is working well for you, and that you are happy with your grow.
👍
From your previous postings, I think you are handling your autism and dealing with forums Very Well!
LOL!!
Thanks for the positivity! May it find you again.
I look forward to your Successes!
Me too! Lol. 😂
And may you have success.

It looks like the same size mouth on the big (gallon) jars.
If I hook the tape on the outside of the glass, it is like 3.5" almost exactly to the INSIDE of the other side.
(Maybe 3.75" to the OUTSIDE of the other side.)
Will a wide Mason lid fit this? (Or do I need to look for a different solution?)

big.jpg

WooHoo! I am REALLY becoming a fan of yours! You are doing a FANTASTIC service for all those you help! Great communication skills, and very Knowledgeable!

Thank you! 😊

It's hard to get your hand in one of those jars with the lock-in lids. Have you considered vacuum sealing in vacuum bags, something like this?

1709231751812.jpeg

No jars needed and you can decide how much you want to put in each pouch before you seal it since they're not a fixed size. They come in all sorts of sizes and price ranges as well.
Oh, ok! I have one of those. (I bought it for the Malawi.)
I was reading the thread, and am trying to do what they do. Some people really like unwrapping the cobs after a few weeks, and then they store them in a vacuum seal jar, so I was just trying to ape what they do. But if the vacuum bags work, then I am set.
I still need to finish reading the article but I think I get the jist.

WooHoo! I am REALLY becoming a fan of yours! You are doing a FANTASTIC service for all those you help! Great communication skills, and very Knowledgeable!

Thank you! 😊
Shed is an amazing help. :green_heart:

Oh cool! You can use it just to store your flowers and not just for making cobs.
Remember to get the RH down to the cure zone (55-62% RH) before vacuum sealing them.
It sounds like I will need to read up on the differences between humidity and relative humidity, etc.
And how to measure RH to make sure it is in the cure zone 55-62.
Is there a best place to read up on that?
Thank you for everything.

I just use a hygrometer. Those measure RH (humidity relative to temperature). Best to take your readings at the same temp as where they'll be stored.
:thumb: :green_heart:
On the way.

Oh my...
I am vaping the larf from this immature Top Tao Blueberry Crystal, and I am wobbly stone faced.
It feels like Northern Light CBD, but (even) spacier, and blueberry.
:smokin:
This is immature larf????
Edit: This was grown in supersoil outdoors.

IMG_2506.jpeg

Oh my...
I have to find a way to grow this out. Maybe another part of the year will have less humidity??
Whoa... 😳 lol!

Everything always bought from a sponsor:
BLUEBERRY CRYSTAL (TOP TAO SEEDS) REGULAR DATA SHEET
BrandTop Tao Seeds
ParentsEarly Top Tao x Auto Blueberry x Big Auto Tao
GeneticsIndica-dominant
Flowering TypeAutoflowering
Flowering Time13-14 weeks from seed to harvest
CBDHigh
Height (Indoor)250cm
SexRegular
Available asRegular Seeds