CBD Auto EmmyStack In AziSIPs, GeoFlora, Sweet Candy, Dynomyco, Roots Organic Soil +

In terms of cobbing and after looking at the charts that were posted in SweetSue's cob thread, there was virtually 0% CBD in that plant to begin with, so no CBD was lost in cobbing. I have no idea what a before and after test would look like on a plant with CBD, but those chart results should be of no consequence to your CBD cobbing decision.
EDITED (I hope the edit helps):
Sorry, but I am still a little confused, because I thought Juanita La Lagrimosa is a High CBD strain (6-9% CBD).

Maybe I read too many Sherlock Holmes novels as a kid?? But Juanita La Lagrimosa is listed as the name of the strain.
My question would be, "Why was there no CBD in Juanita La Lagrimosa??" (Because JLL has 6-9% CBD.)

Because fermentation does change the nature of the fermented object (e.g., cheese). I am not sure how it CHEMICALLY changes it. But if there is a chance I could lose my CBD, then as mouth-watering delicious as it sounds, for medical reasons, I need to go slow, and test. Because I would *survive if I lost my CBD, but it would not be fun.

(I probably need to spend at least 5-10 minutes on a Google search, before I get too excited... )

About halfway to 2/3 down this page, some members think CBD brings the high down. (Tangwena is also on this forum.)
I am very excited to experiment, but should take it slow with the CBD flowers.

Sorry, but I am still a little confused, because I thought Juanita La Lagrimosa is a High CBD strain (6-9% CBD).
Whatever strain it claims to be the flowers contained no CBD above the margin of error. So there was no loss during cobbing in that test.

I can't say what a full on CBD strain would do in a cob but I don't consider 6-9% CBD worth talking about, especially if it contains THC as well. There are lots of CBD varieties out there now in the high teens low 20s with THC under 1%. That's what you're looking for if you want to customize your meds.

Whatever strain it claims to be the flowers contained no CBD above the margin of error. So there was no loss during cobbing in that test.
Hahaha, right! There was no loss of CBD because there was not substantial CBD to lose, and we have no idea the margin of error in these results, but I agree that I would want to see several samples before I would pay a lot of attention to an increase from 0.01 to 0.03%. To "Mr. Autistic Science Person", that seems like it could easily be within a systemic margin of error from one test to the next.
It *could have tripled what was there, but that would be an unexpected result.

I can't say what a full on CBD strain would do in a cob but I don't consider 6-9% CBD worth talking about, especially if it contains THC as well. There are lots of CBD varieties out there now in the high teens low 20s with THC under 1%. That's what you're looking for if you want to customize your meds.

That is probably true.
Probably in the future I can grow that way, after I grow out all of these seeds, haha.

"Ruh roh...."
Nanners? (There are several others all over the plant.)
nanner.jpg

I am thinking chop...

oy.jpg

There are like a dozen or two of these.

oy 2.jpg

I guess an early harvest...

Two girls were starting to go hermie on me, so they are cut, washed, and hung.
One each Delicious Seeds' Auto Blue Ace, and one ACE Seeds CBD 1:1 (CBD Crack).
The CBD 1:1 nugs are very tight!

Bananas.jpg

I think I figured out why two of the CBD 1:1's were small. Those were the two 5G buckets that I experimented with "spikes" and "layers" (actually I put "dollops").
I think the extra fertilizer cache in the bucket stopped the roots from needing to reach down and spread out and find the extra nutes, and the reservoir, which is why both test buckets grew small.
So, it would seem important NOT to put any extra deposits of fertilizers in a SIP, because it stops root development (because root development is not needed).

Bummer, because I was really looking forward to the CBD Crack! (I have lots of great CBD indicas, but I am looking for CBD sativas.)

By the way, FYI, I asked the admins to change my screen handle to CBDMed.

There are nanners on everyone!! We are cutting and chopping!!
This one is all-THC, so she will go into Malawi Cob, probably Sunday or Monday.

cut.jpg

I will chop the remaining trees (Swiss Dream Auto CBD), wash and hang on Sunday.

For a freebie, this was a NICE looking plant!
I love the Kush purple tones.
All the girls look and smell delicious.

I am experimenting with Malawi Cob with Tangwena with the Blueberry Crystal from the roof.
She did not get a chance to finish, but she still kicks and tastes great, so she should do nicely in a ferment (no matter what happens with the CBD).

Cob like this.jpg

I will not try to repeat the instructions here. The idea is to ferment it, and make it more powerful.
We have to see if it degrades CBD or not. (I have to see if I can find a shop that will test weed, and if the courier shipping will not be too much of a pain.

test malawi cobs.jpg

Wrap them tight, then vacuum seal with a test bud. And then heat them to 104F for 24 hours, to make them sweat.

vacuum.jpg

Now into the sweat lodge, to start the sweat.

108 sweat.jpg

I am having a harder time hitting 104F thank I thought. She is fluctuating all over, but I am sure it will work.

Thank you to everyone for helping me bring in the green bud!
It is still curing, but it is so nice to have green bud, instead of brown bud!

1 1 1.jpg

2 2 2.jpg

:slide: :slide: :slide: :slide::slide::slide:
:green_heart::green_heart:

Probably I will close this thread out soon, and start a new indoor SIP supersoil auto grow. I want to grow and store as much bud as I can while I have a grow room, in case my landlady finds a buyer, so probably two more back-to-back indoor SIP supersoil grows (or at least, that is the PLAN, lol! And we will see what really happens!).

I am doing the cob over on Tangwena's Malawi thread.
The rest of the weed is still curing slowly in trays. I think stuff takes a long time to cure here, because of all the humidity.
Thanks again to everyone!
:thanks::thumb:

Thanks, Shed!
Oof is right! But it is all good! :thanks:

Only, CBD testing is $75 USD each test (!) I did not think it would be that much.

So, that would be $150 for two tests, which is outside the budget right now. :(

I would if I could, but budget is tight right now.

Vape 💨 report:
So far I am happy with all of the seeds.

The Crack CBD (or CBD 1:1, or whatever they call it now) is a winner 🏆 It is still elevated, but clear headed, and energetic. How they bred "energetic" into an indica, I am not quite sure, but very good job) 👍

The Auto Blue Ace 2:1 has super nice blueberry flavor (one of my favorites). It is just that the yields are not big, so I am looking for its replacement.

The SDAC (Swiss Dream Auto CBD) got to a good big size and gave good yields! The vape is a little harsh, but it is still curing. Hopefully the vape will be less harsh once it is aged.

The Blueberry Crystal on the roof were a big hit, but they developed bud rot outdoors :-(

The Royal Queen RCBDV is pretty amazing. She got big fast, and gave decent yields. She smells strongly of pine 🌲 (it is a nice smell.)
She reminds me a lot of Harlequin (which is one of my top work strains). It takes the pain away, and gives grounding, and it is very clear headed, and helps focus.
If I do not need to go anywhere, I prefer something more like 1:1 or 2:1. But there are sometimes you need all your focus. This might work very well for that, since they say Harlequin molds very easily (so I probably cannot grow out here).
This could be a very good placement for that.

All in all a very successful grow, thanks to everyone.
I want to finish with Malawi cobs before I start the next grow.
After I do this batch, I want to put just a little of these strains into cob as well. Maybe one small cob of each, just to test flavors, and test what happens when you put CBD and CBDV into the cob.
:p

It is so nice to have fresh home grown greenbud!!
:slide::slide::slide:

May I please ask, what strain is it, and do you like it?
Sorry to have missed this over in the Cob thread. The CBD variety I grow is called Candida from Medical Marijuana Genetics (you can read about it here). It was very popular when it was available, but alas MMG is no more and the seeds aren't for sale. Luckily I have a mother plant from my original seeds as well as having made S1 seeds a few years back (and I'll be making more this spring).

I'm sure there are great CBD varieties out there now (not blends as those are rarely consistent in their ratios), so do a bit of digging and I'm sure you'll find something you like. Look for one that's over 10% CBD and under 1% THC. My Candida tests ~15% CBD (which is common for that variety) with well under 1% THC. PM me if you'd like more info.

Sorry to have missed this over in the Cob thread. The CBD variety I grow is called Candida from Medical Marijuana Genetics (you can read about it here). It was very popular when it was available, but alas MMG is no more and the seeds aren't for sale. Luckily I have a mother plant from my original seeds as well as having made S1 seeds a few years back (and I'll be making more this spring).

I'm sure there are great CBD varieties out there now (not blends as those are rarely consistent in their ratios), so do a bit of digging and I'm sure you'll find something you like. Look for one that's over 10% CBD and under 1% THC. My Candida tests ~15% CBD (which is common for that variety) with well under 1% THC. PM me if you'd like more info.
Thanks, Shed! You are an amazing help. And that is a very kind offer, thank you! :thanks:

It is a long story but I have a zillion seeds already, and to be responsible I really need to grow out what I already have before I spend any more $$. (The bank is kind of broke right now.) They say that seeds stored in mylar in a drawer in the fridge can stay good for up to 5 years (and even longer), so I probably need to use those first.

I did some research on Candida. It does seem it was very popular. The only thing is that they said there is some susceptibility to rot in high humidity areas--and this is one of those :(

So, I was thinking about it a lot. I lost my "humidity resistant, greenhouse-approved" Blueberry Crystal plants to bud rot :(
So, I was thinking that the next time I buy seeds (like maybe in ten years, hahaha), I will probably check out @cbdhemp808 's list of humidity-resistant strains, so I can go back to growing outside.
I will probably grow out all of the seeds I have indoors under LED, and then then when I get more-resistant seeds, I can try outside again. But at the moment everything is all indoors.

May I please take a raincheck on the S1 seeds?
(And are S1 seeds seeds that you make with the silver thiosulfate?)
:thumb:

May I please take a raincheck on the S1 seeds?
Absolutely (though they will always be a gift).
(And are S1 seeds seeds that you make with the silver thiosulfate?)
Yes they are!

One piece of advice I can give (besides finding rot-resistant varieties) is to make sure you grow at least a few true CBD plants for your stash. As you have seen from the test results in the cob thread, many of the THC/CBD "blend" types can have virtually no CBD in them, depending on the phenotype. With a true CBD variety you can create your own custom at different ratios that suit your needs (whether in oil, joints, or bongs) simply by adding specific amounts of CBD and THC flower. And that ratio will be consistent because you will know that one side is only CBD.

:goodluck:

Absolutely (though they will always be a gift).
:green_heart:
Yes they are!

One piece of advice I can give (besides finding rot-resistant varieties) is to make sure you grow at least a few true CBD plants for your stash.
Thanks! Only, sorry! How do I tell "true" CBD plants from the liars (haha)?

Back
Top Bottom