CBD Auto EmmyStack In AziSIPs, GeoFlora, Sweet Candy, Dynomyco, Roots Organic Soil +

Hola.
I was watering, and while there are many less moths, I saw lots of small back flies now.

Flies.jpg

Is there a remedy for them?

there might be an sns product or something else from our sponsors that would help. de on the top will help. some yellow stickies will help a bit as well.

If you're not top watering much, DE across the top will prevent the larvae from emerging alive.
Thank you.
To follow the directions for GF I have to water regularly (daily or every other day), to keep the dehydrated bat blessings wet, and therefore smelly, and therefore very attractive to flies who are looking for a free buffet!

If the top is damp, I'd go with Dr Bronners to kill them when you see them. No need to spray the plant because they don't look like leaf-dwellers to me.
No, I think they are more like dehydrated-granules of decomposing smelly-stuff dwellers. So they love this stuff.

Have you been using the BTi?
Sí señor. And it took a few days, but I do not see any more moths. But I still see these here black flies (and more than before). The neem oil seemed to knock them down the first day, so I did that a few times, but I do not see watering with neem each time.
Also, I think there are less leaf-cutters, although I that is probably a function of the Dr. Bronner's.
So I will try to knock them down with Dr. Bronner's spray.

there might be an sns product or something else from our sponsors that would help. de on the top will help. some yellow stickies will help a bit as well.
Gracias, Bluter. I was told I would top water ONCE each two weeks, and then put the rest of the water down the tube. I did not realize it was going to be a daily or every-other-day top watering scenario.
I like DE, and will try it another time.
I ordered a mess of yellow stickies. The fly paper they have here does not work, so it will be a few weeks until it gets here, but I can hit them with Dr. Bronner's until then.

Oy.
The rooftop plants smell GREAT! Only, there are two brown spots that do not look good, about an inch or two down from the crowns of the colas. There is a ring that is turning brown.
I am losing daylight. The photos are not very good. Pretty grainy but if you need better I will have to bring a light.

Is it some kind of brown mold? And do I just chop the bad part?

Humidity is at 96% today, and the wind is about 4mph. (It has been like this for a week.)
(The Blueberry SMELLS GREAT!! And it is sticky.)

Ruh roh 0.jpg

Ruh roh 1.jpg

Oof that's budrot! :eek:

Cut out anything that looks like that as well as about an inch above and below, to make sure you have clean margins. I used to spray what was left on each stem with 3% H2O2 but that might have been just something I read.
✂️ Ka-SNIP!!
It is gone.
It was pretty close to the tip. I tried salvaging, but there was not anything worth saving.
In the morning I will need to go inspect and see if I need to cut more.

I am trying to track the humidity so I know when to flower, if I do this outdoors.
This is 96% humidity.
I lost a cola tip inside the grow room on the 11 Roses regular (all THC), so I turned up the fans two points.
Now these two.

I do not have fans on the roof.
I could string power. I do have a spare fan I can put up there come daylight.
Probably a good idea, huh?

Definitely Budrot! I caught a few of those early last summer. I believe mine was due to overwatering.
Hahaha! I love your name, @MedScientist ! (Haha, now WHY did I not think of that??)
If I had chosen MedScientist, then people would expect Medical science experiments from me! (Hahaha!)
I am glad you caught the budrot in time.

I am in SIPs. I am not sure if you are familiar, but the soil is constantly moist.

Personally I don't see blowing around 96% RH air outside as an effective way to deal with the rot.
Oh! Very good to know.
96% humid air outside is the same even at high speed!
:confused:

Do you see any caterpillar "blessings" in there or other signs of them?
Not since I coated everything with Dr. Bronners. Which is nice, because they are all over the street. I guess for some reason they are not hatching two floors up, on the roof, which I am very thankful for.

Personally I don't see blowing around 96% RH air outside as an effective way to deal with the rot. 96% humid air outside is the same even at high speed! Do you see any caterpillar "blessings" in there or other signs of them?
Umm, wait. Why do we put fans in grow rooms then?

Umm, wait. Why do we put fans in grow rooms then?

dries the air, keeps the mold spores from settling and developing, and allows your extractor to get rid of them if it is doing it's job and your room is set up decent.

most times when you find bud rot the grow is over. the stuff you see is just a tiny amount. it grows from the inside out. there's gonna be far more effected bud once you start cracking them open. inspect the rest closely. you can lose the whole grow easily once it shows up. harvest what you can.

dries the air, keeps the mold spores from settling and developing, and allows your extractor to get rid of them if it is doing it's job and your room is set up decent.
đź‘Ť
most times when you find bud rot the grow is over. the stuff you see is just a tiny amount. it grows from the inside out. there's gonna be far more effected bud once you start cracking them open. inspect the rest closely. you can lose the whole grow easily once it shows up. harvest what you can.
Thanks.
I was afraid of that, but it is what it is. I will try to chop them in the morning.

đź‘Ť

Thanks.
I was afraid of that, but it is what it is. I will try to chop them in the morning.

unfortunately you are fighting your climate. the best thing to do outdoor under those circumstances is to ensure lots and lots of room between your plants while you flower. you don't want them bunched up or close.

defol practices become more important as well to increase airflow through the plant. there's not much else you can do outdoor aside from keeping close watch.

Because inside air is stagnant. Rarely is there no air movement outside. Still, moving moist air around doesn't dry out your flowers.
Yeah, good point.

Back
Top Bottom