Chump's First Indoor

Strain talk, cool!

The CH9 Aroma smells really good! It's got a peppery/sweet smell. So far this plant is easy to grow. A little nute burn at first, but I think it was the lousy MG soil. Takes well to LST.

Greenhouse Big Bang smells the most like old school ganja. It's got a sweet aroma. Fat indica style leaves. And it didn't seem to like LST so much. It was also the runt for the 1st week and a half, sprouted last, and slow to take off. It's big now, and blooming. It's starting to produce some tricombs, but is a few days behind the other 2. Which doesn't mean it's bad. Good things do come to those who wait.

Dinafem Diesel is my favorite so far. Smells unique, looks great with the red stems, skinny leaves, and blooming like crazy. Responded well to LST, easy to grow. Again a little nute burn, but nothing alarming.

Who knows what the nute burn episode was about, but it's over. I'm excited to try other strains by Greenhouse, but so far Big Bang has been the most difficult (which isn't really difficult at all), just relative to the other strains. CH9 and Dinafem rock so far!

I'm looking at Super Lemon Haze by Greenhouse, White Widow by Greenhouse, and Strawberry Cough by Dutch Passion (I think). I would also like to grow White Rhino, but I can only do 3 at a time, and I think I would like to try the classic White Widow first. Unless I get square pots, then I would be able to fit 4 in my closet.
..hmmm...:smokin:

Speaking of strains, I'm pretty excited about this Violator Kush I'm growing.

They are at two weeks veg today and are way more indica-looking than the NL2/William's Wonder I've been growing previously.

Can't wait till they get stinky, and being a kush strain, I think they are going to test my carbon filters ;).

I'm jealous of all the strains you got going, but I shall have to live vicariously ;).

A friend of ours grew Violator Kush. It was strong in odor, taste was good, buzz was even better. We have some God Bud, very strong, 2 hit wonder. Also smokin some Afghani and some Silver Pearl. Both of those are winners in my book as well. Just picked up a 1/2 of Jack Herrer. Can't go wrong with Jack, smoke is always pleasant and a great mind and body buzz. It gets hard to choose at times, so many great strains out there. We have one jar where we mix a bud or two from all the strains we encounter. Has to be over 16 strains in that jar by now.

Hey Sun,
do you have a journal going for that grow? Is kush supposed to smell strong?

I got my seeds from one of those places that sells single seeeds. It's the way to go for a small timer like me.

Violator Kush is the strain I'm growing in my current LED comparison grow.

The stankiest marijuana I've ever had the pleasure of smelling is OG kush. It's about 100X stinkier than anything else I've ever smelled. I don't like to keep my meds in the freezer, but it's the only place I could put the OG kush that wouldn't stink the whole house up.

I don't think the other kush strains are quite as stinky as OG, but I'm hoping for some of that deep strong hashy taste and smell that I really like about kush strains.

The single-seed banks are great way to do smaller, multi-strain grows.

We currently have a Power Kush in veg, along with some clones. It has that hash taste to it and a nice head buzz as well. Happy New Year.

mmmmmmmmmmm, sounds yummmy!

I think that hash smell and taste requires a ton of resin production, and the landrace kush strains have been bred for making hash.

I usually prefer to smoke sativas for their cerebral buzz, but for taste and aroma, my fave are Kush strains :yummy:

I'm looking forward to making hash with a strain that's been bred and specialized for centuries to do just that. Nothing like a nice big rip of Afghani hash;)

Wish you and yours the best in 2010!

;) Looking at Kush's now

Here's the strains for the next grow (if things go as planned);
Super Lemon Haze - Green House
White Widow - Green House
Strawberry Cough - Dutch Passion

I think I already said that in this journal. Sorry :roorrip:

If not, then plan B coming soon...

I'm jealous of all the different strains you and GMT are growing.

I'll just live vicariously through your journals ;).

Day 58
Day 44 of flower

Left - Big Bang
Center - Aroma
Right - Diesel
P1060933a.JPG

Big Bang
P1060940a.JPG

Aroma
P1060936a.JPG

Diesel
P1060939a.JPG

Hey Sun,
You can grow a variety too.
I think I like sativas as well, but got to love the taste of some good hash!

The other seed bank I'm looking at has White Widow, but it's G13 Labs, or Seedsman. I'll have to research to see what people are saying about these breeders. I wanted to go with Green House, because I think they're the originators. Anyone have experience, or opinions of those 2 seed companies?

Hey Sun,

The other seed bank I'm looking at has White Widow, but it's G13 Labs, or Seedsman. I'll have to research to see what people are saying about these breeders. I wanted to go with Green House, because I think they're the originators. Anyone have experience, or opinions of those 2 seed companies?

I just planted 3 colored Greenhouse seeds yesterday. One has already germed
in one day. I went for Green House Sativa Indica Mix A Feminized.

So I think they are fresh good seeds. We shall see. Hope this helped. :surf:

Hey Sun,

Oh, I got several different strains of seeds on deck already, I just have to wait until a future grow.

Off the top of my head, I've got:

Top 44 / 10 regular
Cyber Crystal / 10 regular
Pure Power Plant / 10 regular
Lowryder 2 / 10 regular and 5 fem
Mexican Haze / 50 regular
Bubba Kush / 12 regular
NL2/William's Wonder / (about 300 F2 seeds and about 30 F3 seeds)

and some freebie packs including Dinafem's recent Christmas special of 15 reg skunk crosses

I'm trying to avoid surfing seed banks until I use up my seed stock because viability drops with time and I got more than enough strains for now. I just need patience ;).

I've heard good things about Greenhouse.

Seedbannk gotta say attitude forsure. Always quaility and always stays in contact w/ their customers. and as far as seeds White widow use Mr. Nice they have the Original White Widow. Its actually called Black Widow. I use that strain for breeding and why not se the o.g if you can get it right?..All others are secondary, not to say they arent good. When I get seeds I try to fingd the originator of the strain and order from them. Yeah it can be costly sometimes, but think of it you get what you want not hope for what you want right?..Anyways I'm kinda medicated and you got the wheels spinnin..LOL

Back
Top Bottom