Chump's First Indoor

Sweet, so I think I'm ready to place my order. I'm going to go with G13 Labs for the White Widow. Any thoughts or opinions appreciated. They're going to throw in a free DNA Genitics L.A. Woman.

I can't wait to try these strains! Super Lemon Haze is a Cannabis Cup winner, and the guy who played Alfred in the Batman movie, made Strawberry Cough sound so good in the movie Children of Men. Super Lemon Haze is suppose to taste like lemon :slide: I've been wanting to grow a White Widow, just because it sounds so good. Legendary and stuff. Anyone ever hear of DNA Genetics L.A. Woman?

I just planted 3 colored Greenhouse seeds yesterday. One has already germed
in one day. I went for Green House Sativa Indica Mix A Feminized.

So I think they are fresh good seeds. We shall see. Hope this helped. :surf:
Sweet!
Great White Shark is suppose to be awesome! I want to grow some this summer. Hawaiian Snow is suppose to be good too. Have you started a journal for 'em yet?

...... Anyone ever hear of DNA Genetics L.A. Woman?

I have a mother going right now. I'll post a pict on my journal tomarrow of her. She's really indica I think she's 90% to be exact. She has very little branching going outword. Perfect for S.O.G. tight internode spacing and the branches wrap around her stalk like vines to a wall if that gives you an idea.:grinjoint:

I'm starting to appreciate short and bushy more and more. Are you getting more yield from taller plants?

It depends on the strain. The Strawberry Blues have much more node spacing, therefore fewer branches and not as bushy. We haven't had a harvest off them to date, so, I am not sure what amounts we will get. The 2 Medical 1024's and 2 Moby Dick's are shorter than there mothers, but are very dense. In addition, we grew the mother's under 400 watt, whereas we are using 2400 watts on this grow. I am hoping we should have almost twice the harvest that we did previously.

do you know if I should wait a day for the chlorine to dissapate first? or just flush her with tap water?

Also, maybe she needs more nutes then the other two? if it's a defiency something caused it, either too much nutes, or not enough right?

I don't think I caught it early enough, the tips of her bud leaves look brown-ish and curling up. Most of the fan leaves look okay.

do you know if I should wait a day for the chlorine to dissapate first? or just flush her with tap water?

Also, maybe she needs more nutes then the other two? if it's a defiency something caused it, either too much nutes, or not enough right?

I don't think I caught it early enough, the tips of her bud leaves look brown-ish and curling up. Most of the fan leaves look okay.

Most municipalities have switched to a newer chlorine which binds more tightly with the water molecules. They therefore don't have to use as much. The downside is, that it doesn't readily evaporate like the old did. It is even harder for an RO unit to remove the chlorine as well. Waiting a day or so won't hurt though, lessoning the amount of chlorine is good. Boiling the water would aid in removing the chlorine if you want to try that. She might require a different nutrient feeding, depending on the genetics. I would try boiling the water, let it cool down, then PH balance as you can, then flush.

Thanks GMT,
Here is some pictures. Things I've read suggest that the lights might be too close, but I really don't think that's the problem. So I've included a pic of all 3 just to compare. I know from reading the strain history, that it's a decendent of Chemdog, which got it's name from the taste that came from chemical feeding that the strain needed. That's what's got me thinking maybe I'm not giving her enough nutes. Don't know... how come these problems always show up late in a grow? Maybe cause the plant's focusing energy in flowering? I wonder if that's why near the end the fan leaves die and stuff.

Any help would be apprieceated please!!!

All 3. Diesel to the left.
P1060942a.JPG

P1060948a.JPG

P1060947a.JPG

I am guessing it looks like a humidty problem, or a combination of humidity and nutes. The reasons for things cropping up late in a grow are numerous. First off, for soil grows, salts and other harmful minerals can accumulate over a period of time and start showing symptoms late in ther grow. Likewise, a shortage of nutrients might be cumlative as well, finally reaching a tipping point later in the grow. By flushing with ph balance "clean" water, you can dilute the effects of the accumulation. If you can afford it, try purchasing some distilled water, a few gallons would be beneficial to the plant. Then wait a few days and try feeding nutes at 1/4 or 1/2 strength to begin with.

Thanks GMT, it's been really dry in the house. Do you think they need more humidity?

It's ususally not a good idea to go too high with humidity during flowering... what's your RH and temp?

I'd guess by looking at that fan right next to them they might have too much wind on them. That will dry the leaves and stress the plant.

I just moved that fan, before taking that pic. I placed it higher up, because, I thought maybe that was the problem.

I thought they liked it dry during flowering, so I didn't think that would be an issue. Also, I took the fan off the timer, so it will go 24 hours now. Do you think that's a good idea?

You actually want the fan low, blowing up AROUND the plants - blowing down on them is bad, blowing right on them can be bad... sometimes they do ok, but low humidity and lots of wind can definitely cause problems.

They just need the air around them moved - fan leaves BARELY moving from the breeze. Some hardier strains can likely take more, but it's been my experience that plants hate wind.

They plants like high humidity all the time... the only problem is during late flower, it can lead to bud rot. I think 60% RH would be the most I'd do during flower at this point.

Back
Top Bottom