Closet Farmer OC+ Soil Grow - Easy Does It!

Yea that's the thing that gets me about hydro is the nutes it's just too much for me. My girl is begging me to do a hydro grow.

I want to dabble in hydro when I get a chance... especially a NFT setup. Those really interest me but I don't have the room, time, energy, money, or patience to give it a shot right now.

I tried a little hydro setup as my first grow but couldn't afford the nutrients so they slowly died off. After needing to always check the pumps and for little leaks and make sure the timing was right, needing to move heavy amounts of water all the time, make sure there's no algae, yada, yada. I much prefer dirt now. It's way less work and more fun and I'm still getting great results. I just wish that I had a harvest with the hydro so I could compare.

Lol that's what I was trying to explain to my girl but we all know women want what they want no matter what.

I know what you mean about trying to reason with women sometimes!! I used to argue but now I just do my best to go with the flow!! It is very difficult sometimes!!
:surf:

With hydro I went through at least 4 times more nutes. The cost of the nutes isn't so bad as the mixing of the nutes and changing of the resevoir every week that I don't like.
:morenutes:
After I had a 30 gallon res spill in my grow closet that spilled into my wifes closet that was it!!

They look amazing would you recomend the same fert for flowering?

Thanks for stopping by Rsticks!

The oc+ is good for 6 months of growing. You really don't need to add anything for flowering. I have added some liquid kool bloom and some cal mag about every 2nd to 3rd watering. Mostly I have just added plain old water! :high-five:

hey, a lil late but i thought i would recommend what i've been using for co2. (havent tried anything else but i do feel like i noticed results)

GreenPads. They're just sheets that you hang and you can mist them to make them put out more CO2 if you have low humidity. They release CO2 as long as the humidity is over 40%.

its like $25 for 5 of them, and they last a week.

also... dirt :thumb:

Thanks for the feedback Progreen! I noticed you wrote..used to use. Do you still use or plan on using. I noticed you have a journal in progress. 20% sounds like a big improvement. :high-five:

Hi CF yes i used to use it, i've just changed to hydro myself from dirt. I also changed my light setup which pushed up my temps, so im not able to leave my fans off, shame il have to wait and see if i get away with it in the cooler months. Put it this way before i used it i was yeilding 3/4 oz a plant after a 3 week veg from seed, with Co2 i would yeild around 5+ oz a plant. Big diffrance.

It was like a tree. It crowded the other plants and took about 12 weeks to flower. Was great smoke at first but after a while my wife said it gave her a headache. Very strong sativa. I liked it. Gave me energy.
I am just saying that I am sure there is a way to get better yields growing with dirt. I am ok with dirt being slower. I think I am just going to veg my plants longer before letting them flower. Or continue with more plants. I now have 7 pots in the grow space. When I ran hydro, I only had 4.
One thing that is a real plus for dirt that I didn't mention is for me the plants are maturing much faster. I am ok with less yield per plant if I have faster harvests and more plants in the same space.
Sorry to rant. I can get anal sometimes about my grow results! :peace:

Hey CF! :high-five:

I will be joining you on your quest for higher yields. Like you, I am going to veg much longer this time. I'm thinking 18 to 24 inches before flower this time. Depending on the expected stretch. Let's bring in some weight this time! :surf:

Hi CF yes i used to use it, i've just changed to hydro myself from dirt. I also changed my light setup which pushed up my temps, so im not able to leave my fans off, shame il have to wait and see if i get away with it in the cooler months. Put it this way before i used it i was yeilding 3/4 oz a plant after a 3 week veg from seed, with Co2 i would yeild around 5+ oz a plant. Big diffrance.

That is a big difference! I used to get about that much yeild per plant when I was running hydro with no co2. Now I am getting closer to 1 oz per plant. I will know for sure in a few days.

I always heard that co2 worked best with higher temps. Just curious, why don't you run it now? I was also wondering why it is important to have the fans turned off for the co2 to work better? Please don't think I am questioning you. I just want to know how you use the co2. So far I am not 100% sure.
:high-five:

Or for really cheap DIY co2 generator, 2L or 1 gal jug, 3 cup warm water, 1 cup sugar, 1 packet yeast = co2 lasts 1-2 weeks, just keep feeding it sugar and will keep going.
\

I love the exhale bags but I have to order them online and that is expensive.

That is a great idea SurfBuddy. This really works?! This is something I might have to give a try before spending the big bucks for the controller and co2 tank. Great idea! Thanks!! :thanks:

Hey CF! :high-five:

I will be joining you on your quest for higher yields. Like you, I am going to veg much longer this time. I'm thinking 18 to 24 inches before flower this time. Depending on the expected stretch. Let's bring in some weight this time! :surf:

The quest continues!! I think this is fun. If it was all automatic and easy there would be no goals to shoot for. Lets bring on the weight!!
I really think that letting them grow bigger before flower would be the biggest bang for the the buck to get bigger yields. After I have thought about it. One reason I got bigger yeilds during hydro it the plants did grow faster during the flower. I think I did not realize it. But the big Mekong was 15 inches before going into flower because of the fast growth with hydro. An extra week or more in veg could make a big difference. I am going to see this time too!
This is going to be fun!! :high-five:

The quest continues!! I think this is fun. If it was all automatic and easy there would be no goals to shoot for. Lets bring on the weight!!
I really think that letting them grow bigger before flower would be the biggest bang for the the buck to get bigger yields. After I have thought about it. One reason I got bigger yeilds during hydro it the plants did grow faster during the flower. I think I did not realize it. But the big Mekong was 15 inches before going into flower because of the fast growth with hydro. An extra week or more in veg could make a big difference. I am going to see this time too!
This is going to be fun!! :high-five:

It will be fun! It's our next logical step. Sounds funny, but I think I have a better idea what this tent will do now. Practice gains knowledge.

I like that. In hydro you took it for granted they would be large before flowering. Nothings changed but the medium. I was thinking just like you. Tell you man we are bros.
:cheesygrinsmiley:

It will be fun! It's our next logical step. Sounds funny, but I think I have a better idea what this tent will do now. Practice gains knowledge.

I like that. In hydro you took it for granted they would be large before flowering. Nothings changed but the medium. I was thinking just like you. Tell you man we are bros.
:cheesygrinsmiley:

Yes I did! In hydro the growth was so fast in veg that one month the plants were already 15 inches tall. I forgot to take that into account. This time I am just going to let them get to 15 inches then flower. :thumb:

It is so amazing how much we are similar! I read in an earlier post where you said you never watched sports on tv! I never did either and still never do! Being in business! I have to know what the scores are so I can act like I am interested when around society people. But I could give a sh*t about sports. Especially Football, Baseball or Basketball.
All my friends and neighbors try to let me know how important it is for my children to get involved in sports! LoL! My son is not interested either. He likes art. So instead of sending to the sports camps like all the politically correct parents. I send mine to art camp and he loves it. Watched a play last week and he was the funniest kid in the whole play. I might me impartial but he did get more laughs and from the crowd than any other kid!!!

Yes I did! In hydro the growth was so fast in veg that one month the plants were already 15 inches tall. I forgot to take that into account. This time I am just going to let them get to 15 inches then flower. :thumb:

It is so amazing how much we are similar! I read in an earlier post where you said you never watched sports on tv! I never did either and still never do! Being in business! I have to know what the scores are so I can act like I am interested when around society people. But I could give a sh*t about sports. Especially Football, Baseball or Basketball.
All my friends and neighbors try to let me know how important it is for my children to get involved in sports! LoL! My son is not interested either. He likes art. So instead of sending to the sports camps like all the politically correct parents. I send mine to art camp and he loves it. Watched a play last week and he was the funniest kid in the whole play. I might me impartial but he did get more laughs and from the crowd than any other kid!!!

Good on ya Mate! That's just cool as can be.!:bravo:

Man that is so awesome, we get forced fed sports from kids and all the arts are lost...Good for you to not follow the herd. Being an artist myself, reading this made my day (or maybe its the smoke or a combo of them both...lmao).

That is a big difference! I used to get about that much yeild per plant when I was running hydro with no co2. Now I am getting closer to 1 oz per plant. I will know for sure in a few days.

I always heard that co2 worked best with higher temps. Just curious, why don't you run it now? I was also wondering why it is important to have the fans turned off for the co2 to work better? Please don't think I am questioning you. I just want to know how you use the co2. So far I am not 100% sure.
:high-five:

Right with Co2 you can push your temps up to 90. But you need to leave all exraction fans off so that the room can enrich with the Co2, ideally you want to be able to let your room soak for at least 30mins at a time. Then let your fans clear the air for 15mins, then off for 30mins repeat this, but make sure your temps dont go over 90. If you can leave your fans off for longer than 30mins without your temp rising to 90 then do it, give them as long as you can without it going over 90. I can only leave mine off for 10mins max so no point at the moment. Good luck.

Man that is so awesome, we get forced fed sports from kids and all the arts are lost...Good for you to not follow the herd. Being an artist myself, reading this made my day (or maybe its the smoke or a combo of them both...lmao).

That is so cool that you are an artist. That is what my son wants to be and I am totally encouraging it!! Thanks!! You made my day too!! :thumb:

It's those little moments that make it all worth it!!

So true.... If it wasn't for those little moments the world would not be so populated!!! LoL!! My little ones can be a total energy drain too!! My daughter is at the age now where she is into everything. Now she has a habit of throwing everything in the garbage can. :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom