CoffeeShopSeeds Sponsored Grow: Emmie’s Huge 1 Month Interval Constant Harvest

Looking awesome! As for the sticky floor and needing rollers, I would recommend going to Harbor Freight and get their furniture movers. They can be modified easily and a great value. The plastic ones are great!

Hi Ernie!
I am using a phone app called days counter to keep track of all things in the grow room. This handy app lets me set an event and then the app counts down the days till or the days after that event. I can see at a glance the last time I watered, how old the grow is, how long in bloom, when I fed last... all I have to do is to remember to update it.
:hmmmm: Hey now! This app sounds familiar! :laugh:

I created widgets and a dedicated homescreen page for all my current plants. It is just part of my process. As soon as they breach and I get first true leaves, Day 1 starts. It's magic!

Looking awesome! As for the sticky floor and needing rollers, I would recommend going to Harbor Freight and get their furniture movers. They can be modified easily and a great value. The plastic ones are great!

:hmmmm: Hey now! This app sounds familiar! :laugh:

I created widgets and a dedicated homescreen page for all my current plants. It is just part of my process. As soon as they breach and I get first true leaves, Day 1 starts. It's magic!
Yes sir! I started using this app the day you showed it to us and have used it for all things garden ever since. I used to spend a long time keeping paper calendars and then google calendar to keep track of things, but this app is easier, and it is right there with me all the time in my smartphone. This one app has really added to my productivity and accuracy in record keeping. I might have to look into the widgets, and dedicate a full screen to this activity.

I love my widgets for quick access. Although, just clicking the app and seeing them all on one screen works too. Haaa haaa. So glad to hear it has helped you as much as it helped me too. Blessings Em.

I am using a phone app called days counter to keep track of all things in the grow room. This handy app lets me set an event and then the app counts down the days till or the days after that event. I can see at a glance the last time I watered, how old the grow is, how long in bloom, when I fed last... all I have to do is to remember to update it.
There seem to be several apps with that name. Do you know the developer? @BakedARea ?

Still no seedlings up in Veg Room #1, but I know why it is taking so long... it is still getting cold up there overnight. I pulled out the old reliable Vornado space heater controlled by an analog thermostat, and set it to 74 and closed all the doorways so that it only has to heat the 6x6 room. There is still 7 hours of daylight and then a warm overnight, and I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them rising up in the morning.

DSCF0306.JPG

The bloom room continues to surprise me every time I look in... it keeps getting greener and healthier in there with every visit. This evening we see plants that have made a total turnaround, with no more new brown being noticed. The leaves are even showing a positive lift, especially at the top where most of the main buds are now praying to the light. Lifting a pot or two, I wouldn't be overly shocked if they used up all of this water and needed watering again in the next day or so. Things seem to be going very well. These are not the prettiest or best yielding plants I have ever seen, but compared to just 2 weeks ago, this is a huge improvement! I am sure there is still room for improvement though, and I turned on the space heater in that room too, assuring it will not get below 73 overnight when we again fall into the single Fahrenheit digits outside.

DSCF0311.JPG
DSCF0310.JPG
DSCF0309.JPG
DSCF0308.JPG
DSCF0307.JPG

Do you ever use heat mats for spouting/seedlings?

The girls in your bloom room look like their buds will turn out very, very, nice.
Look forward to seeing their progress.
no, I haven't yet, but that sure would be a good idea, wouldn't it? I am putting that on the tools that I need to gather list.

Yes, I am starting to get excited about the bloom room again... fighting bugs takes all the fun out of it, and beating them turns out to be just the opposite!

no, I haven't yet, but that sure would be a good idea, wouldn't it? I am putting that on the tools that I need to gather list.

Yes, I am starting to get excited about the bloom room again... fighting bugs takes all the fun out of it, and beating them turns out to be just the opposite!
When I do my hillbilly cloning the heat mats make a world of difference. The heat mats work really well on seedlings, especially with cooler temperatures.

They have cost me a seedling or three, because the mats can dry out the soil (that was mainly due to the incompetence of the grower). More often than not less is more, but seedlings need a little more TLC.

I have been fighting the borg a bit in my flower tent too (once again that is a grower incompetence situation by me not keeping my growing environment clean and inadequate ventilation).

Once the bugs are defeated it is very rewarding to see the girls thrive.

Look forward to learning from the best.

When I do my hillbilly cloning the heat mats make a world of difference. The heat mats work really well on seedlings, especially with cooler temperatures.

They have cost me a seedling or three, because the mats can dry out the soil (that was mainly due to the incompetence of the grower). More often than not less is more, but seedlings need a little more TLC.

I have been fighting the borg a bit in my flower tent too (once again that is a grower incompetence situation by me not keeping my growing environment clean and inadequate ventilation).

Once the bugs are defeated it is very rewarding to see the girls thrive.

Look forward to learning from the best.
Hey Em, thanks for the invite, also looking forward to another educational experience!
Heat mat is a must. Farmer, I put a thermometer directly on the tray and control the temp by layering wood, towels, or whatever between the two. That and a little water in the pan helps with the soil drying out.

Speaking of heat mats folks, another option I have tried the past few germinations with success has been to put them on top of my lights! I added an insulation piece and then a small baking sheet on top of that. It minimizes the radiant heat from the light dramatically. You can add or remove some sort of fabric to raise or lower temps as needed. Then I put my seeds into some small jars, covered them with a towel and then covered with a darker material to make sure it is really dark.

Not saying it is better than a heat mat. It's just one less thing to use electricity. Hope that helps. I used to put them in a cupboard but it just never got warm enough.

20220208_061155-01.jpeg

20220208_061440-01.jpeg

Speaking of heat mats folks, another option I have tried the past few germinations with success has been to put them on top of my lights! I added an insulation piece and then a small baking sheet on top of that. It minimizes the radiant heat from the light dramatically. You can add or remove some sort of fabric to raise or lower temps as needed. Then I put my seeds into some small jars, covered them with a towel and then covered with a darker material to make sure it is really dark.

Not saying it is better than a heat mat. It's just one less thing to use electricity. Hope that helps. I used to put them in a cupboard but it just never got warm enough.

20220208_061155-01.jpeg

20220208_061440-01.jpeg
I'm sure this works great, but this is now officially the first and only time you've ever made me nervous.....

I'm sure this works great, but this is now officially the first and only time you've ever made me nervous.....
Lol. Just an idea for those that want to try. What makes you nervous? Bumping it? Or the heat?

Lol. Just an idea for those that want to try. What makes you nervous? Bumping it? Or the heat?
Lol. I was half joking. Truth be told, anything beside air on top of my light would make me nervous. But also truth be told, I am well aware of the approximate level of ambient heat you'll get that way, I can easily see the advantages to trying it, and I well know that with passive radiation like the lights use these days you don't really have any fire hazard from that. Just seems like an awfully delicate operation to move it back and forth to water and such. Just be careful my friend!

Just seems like an awfully delicate operation to move it back and forth to water and such. Just be careful my friend!
They are only here until the seed hull cracks open. The extra heat is an overdrive for them of sorts. After that, they go into soil and back down to the tent under lights. Ambient temps are high enough to get them going.

They are only here until the seed hull cracks open. The extra heat is an overdrive for them of sorts. After that, they go into soil and back down to the tent under lights. Ambient temps are high enough to get them going.
Hope you get good results. I get it.

Back
Top Bottom