CoffeeShopSeeds Sponsored Grow: Emmie’s Huge 1 Month Interval Constant Harvest

Ok, everyone prepare yourselves. Tomorrow I am going to move my now blooming plants that have been hiding in Veg Room #2, officially into Bloom Room ver. 2.1 I showed it off in another journal when we did it, but now the bright white rubberized floor sealer has set up and we are ready to officially start using the bloom room again. The amount of reflectivity in this room has gone up by at least a magnitude. I suggest wearing sunglasses to view this next message, and certainly don't open the bright thing in a dark room... I will not be responsible for any damage that may occur.

We decided on this snow covered morning that the bright room first thing would certainly cause us stress for the rest of the day, so we immediately agreed that a good country breakfast was in order. The best large country breakfast is one that someone other than you prepares, so we are now at our favorite hometown Feastery with a big omelet, hash browns biscuits and gravy and a large milk on the way. I hope your morning is at least this pleasant! Happy Saturday!

A hashbrown is shredded potatoes fried golden crisp in butter. B&G is truly American... it's much like a scone covered with a rich white sausage gravy, which is also good on everything else. An American country breakfast is meant to fill you up and last you all day.
Omg I am clutching my pearls and I’m not even wearing any! We have arguments here over scones, whether you should put fresh cream then strawberry jam on your scone or strawberry jam then fresh cream. If I poured rich white sausage gravy on a scone I would be reported to the police. That is a scone crime. We take crimes against scones seriously here Em.

P.s. it’s always strawberry jam then fresh cream.

Sorry for the long wait after the tease...
We had several unexpected visitors this afternoon and things got delayed. Finally we got up there and got to work.

20220212_155534.jpg

Although the room is a lot brighter and the floor is now sealed against moisture and bugs, and the electric is all off of the floor, I am not exactly happy with the situation I am now in. I forgot to consider that this floor is now rubberized. It grabs, it doesn't slip. No longer can I or my drip trays slide across the floor, everything has be lifted and then set back down. We all need wheels. I need one of those little stools with wheels on it to sit on and all of the drip trays now need those little carts with wheels. Further upgrades will be made.

DSCF0301.JPG

At any rate, it is bright. Light rays no longer head to the floor to die a quick and sudden death, they bounce and hit the undersides of the plants and the walls nearby, eventually fading out along the way.
DSCF0300.JPG

So all the long vegging plants were cleaned up and put over into the bloom room where they belong. Here they also can get the advantage of the red trigger lights that come on before and after light changes. The plants are now in bloom, and I would estimate that it is now the 5th day of Bloom. The reason I am uncertain is because we have been fighting Thrips, and they almost got the best of these plants, but we hit them hard and I think... I pray... that the thrips have been stopped. Regular spraying every 3 days with the SNS 203 seems to have done the trick. Today we cleaned off all of the brown dead leaves that could be pressed away and broken away from the plants, and noted there there were no more "dying" leaves. Everything there, on all 5 plants was either long dead or green... there was nothing currently being attacked and in the process of dying. I think we have finally broken the lifecycle of the Thrips!

Today they all got moved into the brighter light and we adjusted the height of the big @NextLight MEGA to about 57k lumens at the canopy. We can go lower, but lets not shock the plants too badly with this big change in scenery. It was also feeding and watering day, so they all got their first taste of @GeoFlora Nutrients BLOOM and got watered to runoff. With luck, the plants will now green up and start to thrive.

Meanwhile, over in Veg Room #1, there are still no seedlings showing. I am betting that this situation will change in the next day or two, and until then I keep squirting 10-15 ml of water at them a couple of times a day
DSCF0299.JPG

Veg Room #2 is now empty and the Nextlight 420h in there is being allowed to rest. That room will cleaned up before the next round gets started and Veg Room #1's occupants come to live there.

The current harvest is almost done and two batches are in the jars at 64 and 63%RH and already curing after a fairly rapid wintertime dry, with one Amnesia F2 plant in the 36 hours of darkness and ready to be chopped tomorrow.

It has been a good day in our perpetual harvest garden and I hope your day was just as productive. :green_heart:

I forgot to consider that this floor is now rubberized. It grabs, it doesn't slip. No longer can I or my drip trays slide across the floor, everything has be lifted and then set back down. We all need wheels. I need one of those little stools with wheels on it to sit on and all of the drip trays now need those little carts with wheels. Further upgrades will be made.
An alternative you might consider is what I've lined the bottom of my cab boxes with. It's panel sheeting that they use for shower stalls. The front side is textured, but the the back, the side that would typically go against the wall, is flat, and stuff slides quite well. Also, its water-proof and easy to wipe clean.

If you're going to spend money on a solution anyway, you might give that one some thought. It comes in 4x8 foot sheets that is easy to cut to size with a jig saw.

Sad sad. My source for seeds has been out of those for almost a year. Thanks.
I just ordered some seeds and some of the freebies were Blueberry. Funny thing is the last time I ordered they sent out Blueberry freebies too. I got three last time and three more are on the way. I was a little perturbed that the freebies offered hadn't changed. Seed bank Seed___n.

ahhh... the voice of experience. Yes, with the transition, many of our strains are going to end up being 9 and 10 week plants... so the veg rooms will need to be flexible. Also on the front end, working with clones and getting seedlings going also will take a bit of time, so its not just going to be a neat 4-4-8 as I work with this. The key is going to be in keeping accurate records.
I’m in. Very interested in the record keeping process. Trying to keep it simple and doable. Another variable is how to slot in a few clones along the way?

I’m in. Very interested in the record keeping process. Trying to keep it simple and doable. Another variable is how to slot in a few clones along the way?
Hi Ernie!
I am using a phone app called days counter to keep track of all things in the grow room. This handy app lets me set an event and then the app counts down the days till or the days after that event. I can see at a glance the last time I watered, how old the grow is, how long in bloom, when I fed last... all I have to do is to remember to update it.

A few clones could be started any month in place of new plants from seeds... it wouldn't be too hard to get them in the lineup.

Hi Emilya, thanks for the tag, and I am all caught up. God it looks like a football field's worth of space. I know you have it covered but the wheels/trays I use are excellent and hold up to 7s without overhanging the lip. They're 1/2" deep and the wheels bump the tray about 1 1/2 inches off the ground. Five wheel base. The trays are metal, not plastic. Wheels are way solid. I just put a drip through support piece on inside the wheels/base tray. It holds nearly a gallon of water before it overflows. My dream is to find a company that will custom make me a drip tray that is one tray, and is the same size as the floor liner in the tent. So far no luck.

Can't wait to see how this goes, and also see how the pictures are going to look with the white floor in place. Should be cool.

I enjoyed your introduction, great read.

Although the room is a lot brighter and the floor is now sealed against moisture and bugs, and the electric is all off of the floor, I am not exactly happy with the situation I am now in. I forgot to consider that this floor is now rubberized. It grabs, it doesn't slip. No longer can I or my drip trays slide across the floor, everything has be lifted and then set back down. We all need wheels. I need one of those little stools with wheels on it to sit on and all of the drip trays now need those little carts with wheels. Further upgrades will be made.

This is why I always remove the tent liners as I found them to be a trip hazard when I'm moving plants in and out of the tent.

Nice grow room. Totally envious of your space.

Veg Room #1 reports that there are still no seedlings showing, but we think there might be some soil moving around the drop site... maybe in the morning?
DSCF0305.JPG

Veg Room #2 reports that there is still a mess in there from the last round that needs to be cleaned up. We were too busy celebrating the presidents worth celebrating here on President's Day in the USA, and we have not gotten around to that job yet.

Bloom reports very good things! There has been a definite green up all around the room in the 2 days since feeding and watering. The thrips definitely appear to be defeated for now. Not only that, and probably because of that, the water use is off of the chart! We went to a 4 day watering cycle in the other room while still struggling with the bugs to a 2 day cycle! It could be the floor, but I am betting on the wiping out of the Thrips. The plants were all light and dry as I want to ever let them get in bloom, so they got watered! A two or 3 day cycle would be great in these 5g containers and it certainly looks like the plants have woken up and gotten busy doing the things that plants do.
DSCF0303.JPG

I am also reevaluating the day of bloom we seem to be in after noting that the longer running Amnesia F2 plants are just now coming out of transition and maybe in day 1 or 2 of bloom. So we have 2 different starts of bloom, with the Amnesia at day 2 and the Bushmans at day 5, today. I know I am confusing, but I am estimating this on how buds usually look at this stage, and not by their real physical age. Things will stop jumping around soon, I promise.

The big @NextLight Mega was hung at a bit of an angle so as to maintain about a 12 inch distance from the top of the canopy, with the short plants on one end and the tall ones at the other. Even at this odd and crazy angle we seem to be maintaining around 60k lux all around the grow area. If I were a plant, I would love living here.
DSCF0304.JPG

That's all to report this time! Happy President's Day!

Veg Room #1 reports that there are still no seedlings showing, but we think there might be some soil moving around the drop site... maybe in the morning?
DSCF0305.JPG

Veg Room #2 reports that there is still a mess in there from the last round that needs to be cleaned up. We were too busy celebrating the presidents worth celebrating here on President's Day in the USA, and we have not gotten around to that job yet.

Bloom reports very good things! There has been a definite green up all around the room in the 2 days since feeding and watering. The thrips definitely appear to be defeated for now. Not only that, and probably because of that, the water use is off of the chart! We went to a 4 day watering cycle in the other room while still struggling with the bugs to a 2 day cycle! It could be the floor, but I am betting on the wiping out of the Thrips. The plants were all light and dry as I want to ever let them get in bloom, so they got watered! A two or 3 day cycle would be great in these 5g containers and it certainly looks like the plants have woken up and gotten busy doing the things that plants do.
DSCF0303.JPG

I am also reevaluating the day of bloom we seem to be in after noting that the longer running Amnesia F2 plants are just now coming out of transition and maybe in day 1 or 2 of bloom. So we have 2 different starts of bloom, with the Amnesia at day 2 and the Bushmans at day 5, today. I know I am confusing, but I am estimating this on how buds usually look at this stage, and not by their real physical age. Things will stop jumping around soon, I promise.

The big @NextLight Mega was hung at a bit of an angle so as to maintain about a 12 inch distance from the top of the canopy, with the short plants on one end and the tall ones at the other. Even at this odd and crazy angle we seem to be maintaining around 60k lux all around the grow area. If I were a plant, I would love living here.
DSCF0304.JPG

That's all to report this time! Happy President's Day!
That room is beautiful and the MEGA doesn't hurt a bit. Wow. Aptly named. Question: do you measure? I'm wondering if the plant in the middle of your five, under the bare (non LED) part of the MEGA, gets a measurably less amount of light than the other four, and if so how much?

That room is beautiful and the MEGA doesn't hurt a bit. Wow. Aptly named. Question: do you measure? I'm wondering if the plant in the middle of your five, under the bare (non LED) part of the MEGA, gets a measurably less amount of light than the other four, and if so how much?
The light under the MEGA is surprisingly consistent. Because of the coverage area of the two side panels, there is a perfect overlap with the area in the middle that has no leds. The two sides add together in the middle, and we get the same consistent 60-65k lumens across the entire 5'x5' coverage area. The NextLight MEGA is an engineering masterpiece.

Back
Top Bottom