CoffeeShopSeeds Sponsored Grow: Emmie’s Huge 1 Month Interval Constant Harvest

Thanks for the invite Em! I’m curious wether the older seeds will sprout. My source for seeds has a special of 5 free extra seeds this month. Since I am only growing two at a time, and am taking a break in growing this summer, I don’t want any more seeds accumulating.

I'm in as well. This is how I grow so will be interested in how you balance things out.

First question, I have found that a lot of times the flowering times quoted by the breeders don't seem to include the period you call "the transition period" (at least I think that's what you've called it). Any plans to adjust for it?

For an "8 week" flowering claim, I find it more typical that it's more like 10 weeks after the flip. To accomodate this my veg periods are adjusted to allow for them not matching up. So, it's more like 6 weeks of veg for me. Your 4,4,8 periods sound nice and symetrical if you can pull it off.

My situation is a bit different in that I don't have very much height in my veg box, so my plants certainly could use more veg time, but due to height restrictions they don't get it.

Basically, I try to time it so that the plant I want to flip to flower is generally ready when I harvest one from the flower box so I plant it in its final container about 2 weeks before I flip it. Ideally, I'd have a third, transition, area that I could use for both transition and drying, which is something I'll probably be adding at some point.

Anyway, good luck with the grow(s)!

:popcorn:

Thank You for the invite, Emilya!
My growing situation is likely going to change soon, and I may actually have the space to try this...
But first, I need to do some learning, and right here is a great place to do it..

I'm here, too, Emilya. Thanks for the invitation. I'm excited to follow you on this journey since I'm trying to turn my growing into a perpetual grow as well.

I have a medical grow licence and can grow 25 plants indoors. However, I only have space for whatever will fit into three 4x4 grow tents, which now hold 4 5-gallon pots each for a total of 12 plants. I was thinking about having 1 veg tent and 2 tents for flower but haven't done anything yet.

I'm in as well. This is how I grow so will be interested in how you balance things out.

First question, I have found that a lot of times the flowering times quoted by the breeders don't seem to include the period you call "the transition period" (at least I think that's what you've called it). Any plans to adjust for it?

For an "8 week" flowering claim, I find it more typical that it's more like 10 weeks after the flip. To accomodate this my veg periods are adjusted to allow for them not matching up. So, it's more like 6 weeks of veg for me. Your 4,4,8 periods sound nice and symetrical if you can pull it off.

My situation is a bit different in that I don't have very much height in my veg box, so my plants certainly could use more veg time, but due to height restrictions they don't get it.

Basically, I try to time it so that the plant I want to flip to flower is generally ready when I harvest one from the flower box so I plant it in its final container about 2 weeks before I flip it. Ideally, I'd have a third, transition, area that I could use for both transition and drying, which is something I'll probably be adding at some point.

Anyway, good luck with the grow(s)!

:popcorn:
ahhh... the voice of experience. Yes, with the transition, many of our strains are going to end up being 9 and 10 week plants... so the veg rooms will need to be flexible. Also on the front end, working with clones and getting seedlings going also will take a bit of time, so its not just going to be a neat 4-4-8 as I work with this. The key is going to be in keeping accurate records.

We are now in seedling watch around here, and twice a day I am using a pipette to water around the seed location. The seeds were planted directly in the soil about an inch down, and twice a day they are getting about 10-15 ml of water. They have been placed under my MarsHydro SP-3000, turned down to about 25% and on an 18/6 light schedule.
DSCF0299.JPG

Hey Em! Sorry for the late response but I'm here!
:ciao::dude-knocking:

So stoked for you on the sponsorship and for sharing the wisdom.
this journal will document the details of running a perpetual revolving garden, described by some as a Perpetual Harvest, and this journal will conclude early next year.
Love the plan!!! I have recently decided to do a "type" of perpetual journal. Your plan and envelope timeline will help me better develop mine. Thanks for that!
They will be planted directly into solo cups filled with a soil blend from the rootballs of the last 10 plants harvested, bolstered with Soil Activator that was watered into the tote full of soil a week ago.
I was recycling my rootballs and the soil attached in my big compost bin. Duhhh...break it up and use the "used" up soil for seedlings that don't want it top hot with nutes. Of course! Rich with biology to start. Love it!
I feel like I got slipped all the answers to the pop quiz in math class lmao :slide:
Right?! I feel the same way. Haaa haaa. Thanks for the envelope wisdom Em. About to steal that and print it up!
:laugh::passitleft:

Blessings Em on a wonderful perpetual journey. I'm sure it will be a fruitful ride for us all.

Back
Top Bottom