Colombian Andes Greenhouse SIP CBD Auto Grow

I live in the jungle and have been doin' permaculture for a long time. If you can get over the eeew factor, you have tapped into a free super fertilizer. Plants love it. Must be diluted in water – I use 2 qt per 5 gal water, which is 1:10 ratio.
Hey CBD! Thanks for that. Yeah, if this was the outdoor greenhouse grow I was hoping for, I would gladly use urine and smelly fish, no problems. But I could not find a good contractor, and so the grow room is indoors. I can't really introduce bad smells into the house at this time. We are right in the middle of a project I have been working on since maybe 2005, and latinos don't like anything that interrupts the conversation. (Plus I've got inexpensive RSO and 1:1 CBD:THC concentrates, so I can deal with the pain! Haha! But a bad smell will kill the deal.

1:10, huh? That seems good to know! As soon as I get an outdoor greenhouse going, I can try it!

And in the meantime I am thinking, maybe the Veganics GROW is not a "high-N" fertilizer, but to gain 3 points of N is better than 0... ?
I can add it to the rez and see what happens
Haha, hopefully it will not be like pushing that fake button in the elevators that says "close doors"?

I live in the jungle and have been doin' permaculture for a long time. If you can get over the eeew factor, you have tapped into a free super fertilizer. Plants love it. Must be diluted in water – I use 2 qt per 5 gal water, which is 1:10 ratio.
Ok, thanks for that, CBD! I mixed up the Veganics GROW, and it had a smell to it...so I began asking myself if they would even smell 1:10 on top of the Veganics. So I added a little N, and we will see how they do.

Just one question, does the amount of N depend on color? (Meaning, does anything have to be calibrated by color?)

Hmmm....
This is one of the Northern Light CBD Auto plants.
Is this consistent with N deficiency?

ffff.jpg

Hey CBD! Thanks for that. Yeah, if this was the outdoor greenhouse grow I was hoping for, I would gladly use urine and smelly fish, no problems. ... 1:10, huh? That seems good to know! As soon as I get an outdoor greenhouse going, I can try it!
Since you are using SIP, whatever runoff is easily collected – you don't have leakage out the bottom of the pot. I addition, it's going directly in the reservoir, not applied to the soil surface. So, I'm guessing little to no odor at all. Especially at 1:10.

Just one question, does the amount of N depend on color? (Meaning, does anything have to be calibrated by color?)
I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you talking about leaf color? If so, we just look for pale leaves and that's a sign of N deficiency.

Since you are using SIP, whatever runoff is easily collected – you don't have leakage out the bottom of the pot. I addition, it's going directly in the reservoir, not applied to the soil surface. So, I'm guessing little to no odor at all. Especially at 1:10.
Yeah, thanks!! Even before dilution, I couldn't smell it over the Veganics GROW, so I am very happy! I have a new FREE source of fertilizer!
:slide: :slide: :slide:
:thanks:

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you talking about leaf color? If so, we just look for pale leaves and that's a sign of N deficiency.
Ahh, ok doctor! I meant the mottling.
But you think I should start with N, and then see how it progresses???
Here are two pictures of the whole plant. It has slight leaf curling upward. Is that heat stress? (The room is maybe 76F this morning, not really hot yet.)

111.jpg

And here is a mid-closeup of the same NL CBD Auto.
Is that maybe a lack of N, coupled with a little heat stress (which maybe it is feeling because it does not have enough N??)
To comment, I "gave her drink" last night...

222.jpg

And then here is that closeup again (for your convenience...).

1669037953732.png

Now on a DIFFERENT PLANT, a seedling is showing a lot of color variation.
This is Pyramid Seeds' "Afghan Mass XXL" (bought from a sponsor):

2a.jpg

And here is another, a little closer up:

2b.jpg

What's the diagnosis, doctors (haha)??
Or what should I try?

EDIT NOTE: One thing is that I presently have the SIPS still on heating mats.
I ordered some EVA foam to cover the concrete floor, so it is not so cold (I am guessing 58-60-F.
Having heat mats on the floor warms the floor, but probably too much.
I should have the foam this week, and then I can pick up the heat mats, and just let the lights warm the room.
I can't really disconnect the heat mats until then, because I don't want the rez to get too cold.
So their heat situation should change by Friday.

Yes, very simple, but takes about ten days. LAB
THank you, Azi! :thumb: You are so much help!
I am on project right now, but I am bookmarking the page, and hope to get some started later this week.
Thank you guys!!
:thanks::thanks::thanks:

Ahh, ok doctor! I meant the mottling.
But you think I should start with N, and then see how it progresses???
Here are two pictures of the whole plant. It has slight leaf curling upward. Is that heat stress? (The room is maybe 76F this morning, not really hot yet.)
What I said before... thinking it needs to be watered from the top. Just a guess.
1669067788984.png

This looks like "praying"... something we recently discussed in another thread. Can be due to too much light. I'm not saying that's what this is. I'm guessing thirsty... not enough roots down in the reservoir (yet), and that could also explain why this young plant hasn't grown vertically much.
1669068046643.png

Well, good idea, but this is what the rez looks like with the shader cloth peeled back.
I'm stumped, because there are all sorts of roots in the rez.
Unless maybe that Biochar and Zeolyte really is sucking everything out of the mix??
(But how can that be? Because at this point, the roots go all through the mix.)

NL2.jpg

NL1.jpg

Well, good idea, but this is what the rez looks like with the shader cloth peeled back.
I'm stumped, because there are all sorts of roots in the rez.
Very cool... see-through bucket! Well, I am stumped as well.

Very cool... see-through bucket! Well, I am stumped as well.
I like your and Azi's idea that it looks like an N deficiency.
I am very happy that the buckets do not smell! And soon the aroma of buds will cover all...

How do I know if/when I get too much N?

You'll get deep green leaves with a bit of a 'claw' at the end as the tio hooks down.
Ahh, ok. I do remember that now that you mention it. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom