Colombian Gold Grow: Come Learn With Me How To Produce Your Own Seeds!

I let the female grow till she reached a size that was big enough to produce a bunch of seeds. I had no clue how much she would stretch or how big she would get. I'm actually surprised she hasn't stretched all that much. It's certainly not the Colombian Gold they used to grow back in the 70s which got super tall and flowered for over 20 weeks.

Guess I'll have to do better when it's time to flower the clones. I'll let them veg longer also. I put this one in early to sex it.

I have no clue how tall your grow area is, but I think in a 5 gallon bucket these plants will stay under 48 inches from the top of the pot. That's just a guess mind you.

I have two clones that I just up-potted today to 1 gallon pots. They were in solo cups and getting pretty root bound. Just trying to grow them as slow as I can at this point.

I have no clue how tall your grow area is, but I think in a 5 gallon bucket these plants will stay under 48 inches from the top of the pot. That's just a guess mind you.
The flower tent I'm using right now is 32" x32" x63" and this is the shortest grow I've had. Lol. I lose a few inches from all the plants sitting on swicks. The convenience is worth it.

Tried to add pics but it is being difficult and giving me a security error. I'll try again in a bit.

I went ahead and ordered some colloidal silver today and some small dark glass spray bottles. I got the 500ppm.
IMG_20181105_213623.jpg

Columbian gold is closer to the camera and that's a blue dream behind her.
IMG_20181105_213703.jpg

Columbian gold close up

IMG_20181105_214827.jpg

Blue dream on the left and Columbian gold on the right. They all got some osmocote plus last night just in case I forget to feed them later.

I went ahead and ordered some colloidal silver today and some small dark glass spray bottles. I got the 500ppm.

The colloidal silver I use is 50ppm. I am 100% positive you'll need to dilute it prior to use. How much to dilute it I cannot say for sure. I do know that the CS I used to use was 10ppm, the stuff I use now is 5X stronger.

The leaves on your CG plant look to be substantially larger then those on my CG plant.

The "name brand" colloidal silver sprays don't indicate on the package the ppm of the spray. At least not the two I've used. Unless you got a itty bitty bottle of 500ppm spray you'll have enough to last a lifetime :laugh: I guess with the size of the leaves can be chalked up to phenotypes?

I purchased a tiny 30ml bottle of 250ppm CS. I plan to dilute 1ml CS to 10ml water and paint the stuff on a single bud site for a few weeks. Hoping it gets here before my seedlings show sex.

I had read that when you're supercropping you roll the branch between your fingertips squeezing while you're rolling and finally you'll feel the branch "give way" and then you can bend it over. The branches I supercropped today were quite thin and had already turned woody/hard. I tried squeezing and rolling but to no avail. So I just snapped them over as gently as I could.

I need to start removing some fan leaves a few at a time to allow more light penetration. I tend to leave most of the leaves on until the plant is fnished its stretch. I think that gives them more energy with which to work. But after the stretch I thin out a good many of the lower/older fan leaves and enough fan leaves near the top to allow the light in.

I've only supercropped a few plants, but as soon as you can see a bud, on a healthy plant that branch should be hard. I did supercrop some runaways in veg and they were soft and mushy. I think it's a maturity of plant thing.

And then I supercropped a plant with a drill. Had several nodes hanging on by threads. Buds were far along enough where they matured the same as the rest of the plant.

Pretty tough plants.

I need to order silver, I have a 20 day auto right now.

I purchased a tiny 30ml bottle of 250ppm CS. I plan to dilute 1ml CS to 10ml water
My math is horrible. But if you added your 30ml bottle to 120ml of distilled water would that give you a ppm of 50? I've had the best luck so far with the stuff I mentioned prior in this thread and it's 50ppm

but as soon as you can see a bud, on a healthy plant that branch should be hard.
I find that clones in veg have branches that are hardened and stiff.

So yeah, 1 ml to 4 or 5ml would get me to the target. Been taking dabs of OG Kush all day so the internal calculator is off. I only bought what I thought would be enough to reverse one bud on one plant. Experiments on the cheap.

Back
Top Bottom