Colombian Gold Grow: Come Learn With Me How To Produce Your Own Seeds!

Things looking good Beez :goodjob:

Im planning to do 10 gallon containers as my final pot size for my next photoperiod run. I keep looking at the containers thinking they are too big.

Heya Beez,

Those girls look lovely. Does plan b includes cs treatment?:battingeyelashes: I'm hooked anyhow:yahoo: Its lovely to see all those cuttings, it give a lot less stress when you have several extra girls:thumb:

That boot story almost made me pee:rofl:

Plan A is having a boy and girl and having a natural production of seeds. If they both turn out to be girls and CS was needed to make the pollen sacks then it's too late for those two. I like to start brushing on the CS spray around 4-5 days prior to putting her into the flowering tent. Then once in the flowering tent I brush it on the nodes right before lights out and right at lights on. I keep applying it until I see a good amount of pollen sacks on the treated branch. So if both turn out to be girls it's too late for them. Next up is growing out two of the nicest looking (best form, aroma, bulk) girl clones to be treated with CS spray.

Those girls look lovely.
Thank you, Sir! Remember even if plant A used here for a natural pollination (boy and girl) I am still growing out the two auto flower plants that I want to produce some more seeds. One is already in it's forever home in a 3 gallon pot. That is the Quarter Pounder auto plant. The second is a Dark Devil and it's just sprouted about 3 hours ago in a hempy solo cup. Since the Dark Devil auto is behind the QP auto I will keep the DDA in the hempy cup until it has a good lead size wise as the DDA will be the plant pollinated. Most likely the roots will engulf the perlite and most of it will stay in the roots when I transplant it into it's final 3 gallon pot. So I want to spray the Quarter Pounder, hope to make one of it's branches produce pollen. Once I collect the pollen from that branch I will remove the pollen producing branch and dispose of it. I will then see if I can pollinate a handful of buds on the Quarter Pounder plant thus making S1 auto fem seeds. I will also pollinate several buds on the Dark Devil auto plant with the QP pollen to produce a cross strain of the two. The seeds will be auto flower and feminized.

Thank you, Sir! Remember even if plant A used here for a natural pollination (boy and girl) I am still growing out the two auto flower plants that I want to produce some more seeds. One is already in it's forever home in a 3 gallon pot. That is the Quarter Pounder auto plant. The second is a Dark Devil and it's just sprouted about 3 hours ago in a hempy solo cup. Since the Dark Devil auto is behind the QP auto I will keep the DDA in the hempy cup until it has a good lead size wise as the DDA will be the plant pollinated. Most likely the roots will engulf the perlite and most of it will stay in the roots when I transplant it into it's final 3 gallon pot. So I want to spray the Quarter Pounder, hope to make one of it's branches produce pollen. Once I collect the pollen from that branch I will remove the pollen producing branch and dispose of it. I will then see if I can pollinate a handful of buds on the Quarter Pounder plant thus making S1 auto fem seeds. I will also pollinate several buds on the Dark Devil auto plant with the QP pollen to produce a cross strain of the two. The seeds will be auto flower and feminized.

i....i..... man im getting REALLY exited cause of all this. Somehow every time i need a push somewhere... i keep running into the right info. :thanks:

Plan A is so simple. Take the female you want to pollinate and put her in a tent by herself. When the male is ready to explode open the tent up, turn off all fans and lights. Hold the male over top of the female and give him a couple good hard taps on the main stalk. Shut the door and turn on a fan. You have seeds.

What percentage of autoflower genes do you need for the next generation to be autoflowers? If I take an auto that's 10% ruderalis and cross it with a photo, will the seeds necessarily be autos as well?
From my research none of those photo/auto crosses will be autos. You can cross those crosses and end up with about 25% autos. Then take two from that 25% and cross them to get 100% autoflowers. Some stuff about recessive traits vs dominant ones.

I dont think the % of ruderalis matters so much as whether or not the given pheno(s) are expressing the recessive autoflower trait. I'm still learning, heck that's why I'm hanging out here.

These will be the last pictures of the Hawaiian Mayan Gold plant. She is at 70 days since starting to form pistils. Her trichromes are about 90% cloudy, 5% clear, and 5% amber. She has been getting nothing but water for the last several days and that will continue till next Wednesday when she is harvested. Here is picture of the plant and then a couple closer shots of a couple of the buds. She has really frosted up the last 10 days.

And a quick photo of one of my crosses from the summer. Sensi Northern Lights X Dark Devil auto. I'm loving the powerful structure and really thick main stalk. This is all natural...no topping, no training. Just like the NL strain this has been a simple plant to grow. Maybe in part to not stressing it at all? The color is a darker green then my photo. My lights do that to the plants in the photos.

Finally, here is a photo of the test nugget I took off the Hawaiian Mayan Gold plant. Still a bit to go to be fully dried but getting there. Looking at it I'm thinking this will be one I go slow with and take small hits spread out of time.

The NL I used for that pollination was a Sensi female NL plant that I sprayed with colloidal silver to make pollen. As for that pesky Colombian Gold plant I will be 100% positive in about a week. I think he might just go crazy with pollen sacks after a slow start.

rarely see reg seeds anywhere.

Are you meaning reg seeds of the Northern Lights strain? I have a bunch of Nirvana (from @SeedsMan ) Northern Light IBL seeds I made this summer from a reg dad and reg mom. Gorgeous plant, fantastic buds, very minimal odor while growing. Northern Lights is one of my favorite strains.

Are you meaning reg seeds of the Northern Lights strain? I have a bunch of Nirvana (from @SeedsMan ) Northern Light IBL seeds I made this summer from a reg dad and reg mom. Gorgeous plant, fantastic buds, very minimal odor while growing. Northern Lights is one of my favorite strains.

Yea I thought maybe you started with reg seeds of NL. I grew out a couple NL autos outdoors. Lovely strain indeed!

So hey Im doing a little research on my own about producing seeds for myself. Perhaps you can straighten me out a little.

I read about rodelization and colloidal silver being two ways to make seeds. Every scenario i have come across for the latter process, the one we are most interested in, uses CS to force a branch to grow balls. Pollen is collected from the branch, and then dusted over the flowers of the plant you'd like to pollinate make seeds from.

So I get that I could collect pollen from a plant, lets call it plant A, and then use that pollen to pollinate another plant. Plant B.

Now plant A has a branch with male parts and plant B is a big seed making factory.

Assuming this is right, I have two questions about the process. Can pollen taken from plant A be used to "self pollinate" in other words can I use the pollen collected to sprinkle on parts of the plant that were not sprayed with CS. Would this produce fem seeds of whatever strain plant A is? Will these seeds have the ruderalis (autoflower) gene?

Question two is this: If I use female pollen from plant A to pollinate plant B, what is the outcome likely to be? Should still be feminized seeds, but have you created a cross at this point if using two different strains? Can you combine two autoflowers in this way and would they retain their ruderalis gene in this scenario?

Okay, thats way more than two questions haha!

Back
Top Bottom