Come Grow With Me: A Beginners Guide

OK ya'all, Are you ready to start growing ? Guess you wouldn't be riding the 420 Mag train if you weren't. Anyway, I'm going to keep this real simple while providing pics & details from start to finish. I'll be posting & adding pics throughout the day.
Today I'll be putting up the tent & all the necessary equipment. It's just a small 3' x 3' x 6' tent & I'm only doing 1 plant (Peyote Wi-Fi).
I'll be assembling the tent in a few minutes so I'll add pics. Hopefully this little grow will help some of the new guys out. My average is 9 oz. per plant; but I'm shooting for a 12 oz. grow this time & I'll be cloning along the way for those interested in that. I'm looking to grow this plant in the same manner I grew this one.

If I happen to run into issues somewhere or are unable to answer your question I do know the right people to call on for the correct answer.
So I'll see you all soon as I get this tent up & we'll get Rockin'.
I'm in - can't wait to see how these work out for you!

Welcome aboard. When I started growing I had to read through hundreds of threads to find info & that is quite discouraging as a new grower. So I'm trying to post everything I've learned (that I can remember) over the past 4 years to try to make it less discouraging for others.
Although it is a Grow Journal, I'm still posting any useful info I can think of or find throughout the grow. So if you have any tips of your own feel free to add them. If you're here to get info I hope you get what you need. If you have anything specific you want to know, just ask. If I don't have the answer I know who does.

Welcome aboard. When I started growing I had to read through hundreds of threads to find info & that is quite discouraging as a new grower. So I'm trying to post everything I've learned (that I can remember) over the past 4 years to try to make it less discouraging for others.
Although it is a Grow Journal, I'm still posting any useful info I can think of or find throughout the grow. So if you have any tips of your own feel free to add them. If you're here to get info I hope you get what you need. If you have anything specific you want to know, just ask. If I don't have the answer I know who does.
Awe, thanks! I'm learning and at the moment feeling VERY lucky. After a rough start (both of my first two sprouts were male) I was able to get started with some Sativa dominant hybrids - Jack Herrer and Durban Poison both from Amsterdam. I had great success with cloning and ow have three plants in flower, 6 ready to move into flower when I harvest and 10 clones in the early veg tent! I hope to get 8 good clones from the veg tent before I put it into flower.

It's sort of funny to me how challenging seeds were for me but the clones just love me for some reason! Hoping to add some Indica dominant strains soon!

Thanks for the kind words. When you are new and looking for help because you read so much that just doesn't seem right - well it matters - it really does.

Here's a couple of diagrams of different ways to set your Exhaust & Intake up.

43) Duct Set Ups.jpg
44) Duct Set Up.jpg

Temp & Humidity were covered in the Grow Charts earlier. So tomorrow I'll get to Calculating Lighting & the different kinds of lights.
I'll also do an update on my lil' girl.

Are you guys getting any useful info out of this ?
you should never blow air inside your carbon filter. It will plug it up. The sucking starts at carbon filter which removes the odor and blows clean air out.

you should never blow air inside your carbon filter. It will plug it up. The sucking starts at carbon filter which removes the odor and blows clean air out.
I understood the same. Can be done but it's less effective and the filter won't last as long. What I was led to believe anyway.

Old Filter anyway. But I can show you diagrams in my books that show using a filter on the Intake. But it is above a humidifier putting out moisture so it could clog. I thought about dumping out the charcoal I putting a foam liner in it; but it's a year old anyway. If it clogs I'll do that.

Both Intake & Exhaust are sucking in. One is just above a moist humidifier. It does require me to turn the Intake fan higher then the exhaust fan though for some reason. Maybe one fan isn't as powerful.

I found my info on Calculating Lighting so I'll try to post it today. Have to do some running today to pick up a few things here & there to get the 5' x 5' tent ready for the Mars Hydro TS 3000 Clone Grow. Also, have to clean some equipment I had in storage before I use it. I like to wash it all down with Dawn Soap & then after rinsing, rinse again with a water & alcohol mix of about 10:1. I highly doubt there's any type of fungus or bacteria left after that. I go that extra mile when cleaning my equipment for the next grow.
Anyway, I see a few roots just starting to show in the bottom of the solo cup. Should be ready for transplant in a week.
She's starting to form a 2nd set of leaves & is looking pretty good so far.
Back later with pics.

is your goal simply to distribute roots about the cup or to create a root ball? Creating a rootball requires restricting the roots for a time... rapid uppotting does not accomplish this. Your way will work just fine, I am just saying that with a little patience at this early stage, the game can really be stepped up a notch.

is your goal simply to distribute roots about the cup or to create a root ball? Creating a rootball requires restricting the roots for a time... rapid uppotting does not accomplish this. Your way will work just fine, I am just saying that with a little patience at this early stage, the game can really be stepped up a notch.
I usually just distribute the roots while in the Solo cup. Then up-pot to a 2 gal. & let that get a good rootball before up-potting again. Should I be letting it get a big rootball in something as small as a solo cup ? Didn't think it would make much difference since it was such a small grow area.

Didn't think it would make much difference since it was such a small grow area.
That is actually when it makes the MOST difference, because you are able to easily confine it and fill it in a short amount of time. My plants have to pass a test and fight me before they get out of solo cups, and some are well into the complaining stages before I give in.

That is actually when it makes the MOST difference, because you are able to easily confine it and fill it in a short amount of time. My plants have to pass a test and fight me before they get out of solo cups, and some are well into the complaining stages before I give in.
Thanks, good to know.

Hey Emilya, Do you have any tutorials on different types of soil ? (Buffered, Unbuffered, Organic, etc.) If you do would you please post a link to it here for me ? Growing knowledge is invaluable !
no, I really only understand organic soil, and to me, paying for buffers in an inferior soil just so you can spend more money to throw nutes at those buffers, is silly. I got out of that game a long time ago. I guess what I do now is a form of that though.... I use high sphagnum happy frog to start and in the tops of my containers, and high organic ocean forest everywhere else, so my soils would tend to be buffered at the low end. But, since I don't care about the pH, no one is counting, and before the broken down sphagnum pulls the pH way down, I will flush it out of there between grows.

Thanks, good to know.
I am ruthless... in my current grows I let the clones stay in solo cups until they stagnated, and only then put them in 3 gallon smart pots. Now I am almost 60 days into veg in those 3 gallons, I am waiting to throw them into bloom in a week or two. I have slowly built some massive roots in those containers, and when I stop training and let them go in the bloom light, they are going to explode, and all that pent up energy will be in bloom.

hey buds, remember i said i'll get back to you on the question in the private msg.
i thought i throw some pics here of bottom of my pot showing the roots.

2020-11-15 18.41.34.jpg

2020-11-16 09.31.44.jpg

That doesn't look all that good to me. Looks like roots in sludge. I'll pass on bottom feeding.
sludge lmfao!
after the plant was cut i put the pot outside in the rain to wash out the nutrients. sure it might be wet, but sludge. :laughtwo:
i'll wash the soil out and the roots to show you how they are, cuz in sludge those roots would be rotted!

Back
Top Bottom