Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

You grow in pots as small as 5 gal!? I definitely didnt catch that after reading through the journal (that or I forgot lol). If you grow those monsters in that size of pot, I definitely need to change some things up.

No I grow in 6.5gal AutoPots - I just pointed out that they also come in 5gal smarties for the folks that like soft bags to grow in. They have you covered.

I'm thinking about getting another setup for my VEG room. I've been watering them manually for now.

Trimming BH #5 - the runt. She's turning into the best yielder and test buds puffing right now. I took some pics I'll post of my wife holding up the main stem cola.

After dry it's 44" long. It's a bigun. Trimming was sticky and tedious. Almost done.
So far we have 3 full 1/2 gal Mason jars and still going. Prolly end up with 3 + a quart which ain't bad for a runt. 6-7zips dried in the can. Not shabby. I will get a weight on this one.

Taste is good, smooth... berries not harsh as all. Little bit of a chemical after taste sorta reminds me of Chemdawg in VEG.

Getting a nice buzzzz going. Arms are feeling like the hairs are standing up. Any soreness I had from swimming yesterday is now gone. YAY... sometimes the next day after a workout I feel sore. Usually in the afternoon it sets in, so good timing.

I feel mighty fine! This I think is going to be one of those cannabis strains I can keep on puffing for as long we want to keep pasin it on.

Trim hands are now numb. Thats a pleasant surprise, don't always get that. I didn't get drunk on terpines this time (plant was hung to dry conditions). So looks like this Blue Dream, @Hyena Merica version is good for pain, good for buzz, good tastin and good for us.

I was scared about the plants doing foxtails but the only downside was trim. I was on a learning curve trimming these buds. So now got it down. I could probably cut my trim time down by factor of 4. Learn new stuff everyday if I can.

So props to @Hyena Merica for hooking me up with some mighty fine gear. Also props to @TimberGrowLights for getting me hooked up to some mighty fine COB lamps. Stepping up to the COBs easily doubled my yields.

Also 420% props to Clackamas Coot for showing me how to build a proper soil to grow plants in.

Coots FTMFW. :Namaste:

Summer round is a thing.

I'm working on the mothers to keep this shit alive for at least 1 more round. Going to harvest cuts from the mothers I just tortured.

Gonna pay special attention to the mother of DT that never skipped a beat going totally dry and heated. Even with her stall mate covered in mites to the tent stage and almost dead. She's mite free (still sprayed em good) amazing and they were very close on the table.

So plan going forward:

Get some cuts from the LAB and DT mothers. Not sure a LAB made it thru....

Fill Cloner

Seeds sprout for late summer run. Selected individuals. Shit I have to make another decision.

Have a few plants going now about 1/2 way thru... getting frosty and frostier.

Almost done with the late spring run trim sesh. So will be catching up to all you crazy summer growers.

I wanna see greasy colas. Then I wanna puff the grease.

Stay high everybody. :rollit:

Wierd how some strains are more resistant to mites and PM than others. Congrats on the harvest....

Hey mr brown heard from a source to reach out to you about what I can give my plants considering thier size and all as sex signs are happening and pre flower is approaching what can I give to my act that would be good for flowering as I know calcium and potassium are needed . Any pointers got egg shells but heard take awhile to break down even if white vinegar submerged? I’m at lost went shopping looking for only p and only calcium but every is mostly dumb high nitro and even ratio pk

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and respected sir .

Hey mr brown heard from a source to reach out to you about what I can give my plants considering thier size and all as sex signs are happening and pre flower is approaching what can I give to my act that would be good for flowering as I know calcium and potassium are needed . Any pointers got egg shells but heard take awhile to break down even if white vinegar submerged? I’m at lost went shopping looking for only p and only calcium but every is mostly dumb high nitro and even ratio pk

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and respected sir .

My goto for early flowering is Kelp meal and EWC can make a tea and bubble or make a slurry and stir... let sit for a few hours and water in. I usually add a tbs of malted barley and top dress/scratch that in or add to the tea and water in.

Girls go wild.

EWC and Kelp have everything the girls need. Malted Barley gets the soil party started with enzymes to the extreme. The ladies know what to do when the soil party starts.

My goto for early flowering is Kelp meal and EWC can make a tea and bubble or make a slurry and stir... let sit for a few hours and water in. I usually add a tbs of malted barley and top dress/scratch that in or add to the tea and water in.

Girls go wild.

EWC and Kelp have everything the girls need. Malted Barley gets the soil party started with enzymes to the extreme. The ladies know what to do when the soil party starts.
Nice man thanks so may I ask what your kelp ratio you use is?

Mine says 5% phor and 5% potassium

Malted barley dumb question but where can I find it any store in spice area?

Brew stores.... ask the the 6 row kind... I get my at a local store for $1.99

1/2 cup of kelp and 1 cup of EWC

Kelp meal can use what they sell at the feed store if you have one locally. Same stuff they feed to cattle and rabbits. Can even use the pellets. As soon as it gets wet is breaks apart.

Can order it too but the stuff you get in boxes or online is costy in comparo to the feed store.

Malted barley we get online but if there's a brew supply store close by they will have it. Get the regular pilsner light colored malt then grind it to a powder with a coffee grinder. Has to be malted barley and doesn't need to be ground in fact better if its not pre-ground. To make beer many brewers want the barley seeds cracked cant make beer without it going thru a mill to crack the hulls.

I do like 1 tbs of the power scratch into the soil and water in.

LOTS of goodies for the plants and soil. Malted barley gets the soil party started big time. Also will shorten your flower time as well.

Here's a plant I have going now I have mothers of DT I just took cuts of and in the cloner. As soon as roots they go into the flower room. Got a gaggle of Dark Devil going as well just put seeds into water the other night - tails showing and they are in peat pellets now. If a few daze they go into the VEG room with my new automated watering system.

Then we go back to the cottage.

Rais'in em up
Tie'em down.

'N then I might just
Jump back on
An' ride
Like a cowboy
Into the dawn

Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay .

Illegal Alien x BOGD

Breeders Description:

We took the Sticky Illegal Alien (Alien grenades x Alien sour diesel) and crossed it with our Crystal covered BOGD Male

Breath of green dragon = (Hindu kush x Afghan kush) x Blueberry Trainwreck

Illegal Alien x BOGD @ 30 days of flower - she's not a big plant. She's got some sweet smelling like candy going on right now. Was just dank for few weeks now sweetening up.

I only vegged her about 2 weeks so prolly why she's smallish (for me) @ 44"
Getting stacked tho. If I had 10 of these that wood be nice. Popped 10 seeds and only 1 sprouted. Glad they weren't expensive.

Illegal Alien x BOGD

Illegal Alien x BOGD

Illegal Alien x BOGD

1/2 cup of kelp and 1 cup of EWC

Kelp meal can use what they sell at the feed store if you have one locally. Same stuff they feed to cattle and rabbits. Can even use the pellets. As soon as it gets wet is breaks apart.

Can order it too but the stuff you get in boxes or online is costy in comparo to the feed store.

Malted barley we get online but if there's a brew supply store close by they will have it. Get the regular pilsner light colored malt then grind it to a powder with a coffee grinder. Has to be malted barley and doesn't need to be ground in fact better if its not pre-ground. To make beer many brewers want the barley seeds cracked cant make beer without it going thru a mill to crack the hulls.

I do like 1 tbs of the power scratch into the soil and water in.

LOTS of goodies for the plants and soil. Malted barley gets the soil party started big time. Also will shorten your flower time as well.

Here's a plant I have going now I have mothers of DT I just took cuts of and in the cloner. As soon as roots they go into the flower room. Got a gaggle of Dark Devil going as well just put seeds into water the other night - tails showing and they are in peat pellets now. If a few daze they go into the VEG room with my new automated watering system.

Then we go back to the cottage.

Rais'in em up
Tie'em down.

'N then I might just
Jump back on
An' ride
Like a cowboy
Into the dawn

Yippy-Ty-O-Ty-Ay .

Illegal Alien x BOGD

Breeders Description:

We took the Sticky Illegal Alien (Alien grenades x Alien sour diesel) and crossed it with our Crystal covered BOGD Male

Breath of green dragon = (Hindu kush x Afghan kush) x Blueberry Trainwreck

Illegal Alien x BOGD @ 30 days of flower - she's not a big plant. She's got some sweet smelling like candy going on right now. Was just dank for few weeks now sweetening up.

I only vegged her about 2 weeks so prolly why she's smallish (for me) @ 44"
Getting stacked tho. If I had 10 of these that wood be nice. Popped 10 seeds and only 1 sprouted. Glad they weren't expensive.

Illegal Alien x BOGD

Illegal Alien x BOGD

Illegal Alien x BOGD

Hey man first off beautiful update✊

So .....I have been giving about 45-60 ml of kelp about once every week or two . Plus 2.5 ml silica blast here and there not all the time . Why ? I forget to add it first before anything was told . Lol

Also laying about 15ml around medium of my hen pellets 7% nitrogen I think it says and 7%calcium and soem
Other trace elements I believe iron etc ...

Also - 2 tsp black strap mollassss

And bit of Epsom salts in the last feeding /act like 5 ml lol

I’m scared of frying plants ?

Sorry all this is mixed in a 5 gal bucket but not full full . Brewed with air stone for 18-24 hrs . Oh and adding 1 cup ewc. In screen cloth so it draws out the microbes correct?

Outdoor is fun but challenging . I also Love having no energy bill and space and co2 plenty .

Thank you for the great heap of info I’m going to absorb every piece of info .

Thank you for your reply man . I’ve been getting so much support here on mag lately even though my time is absent , which me the guy that wares his heart on sleeve feels bad . Always feel like I’m missing out ya know?

Anyways again thanks ALOT!!

I owe you one anything name it ✊:passitleft:

Was going to post my first and best plant ever in height thanks to my man @Guy Cavallero and his good brotha @Jackalope
But didn’t in case you don’t want other photos ?

Learning the rules better

Also , Solid men right there brown:cool:

Funny thing is I can tell by years of communication with guy . You get a good sense of people .

Sorry ranting now my bad buddy .

Have a awesome week man

Home to self wife is out in Nova Scotia . What to do ?

Lol

Hey there KJ - good to see you. Thank you for your kind words.

Bro you rant away brother. I'll be right there with ya. Go ahead and get me started. Double dare ya.

For you tea mix I don't use Epsom Salts very often. Last time I used it was last spring I think.

Lots of reason but the main thing "for me" is I'm using my soil over and over no-till style and I don't need Epsom salts cause it messes with my soil mix. Plants need Mg but chlorophyll only has one Mg molecule:

Chlorophyll: C55 H70 O6 N4 Mg <--- one Mg molecule on the end there

So there's plenty of Mg in my soil mix. If I add more, I can get an imbalance.

I have a pretty balanced soil mix so I tend to leave it be unless I have issues.
Epsom Salts can be a thing but Kelp Meal has that covered.

I take it that you're using a liquid kelp product??

It's good, I mix my own and make liquid kelp and foiler and water in. So no need for any more Mg. There's some Mg in EWC too. So you're tea has plenty without the Epsom Salts.
It's not going to kill your plant so dont worry. It is going to mess with the micro-herd a little in the soil so go easy with it. The micro-herd will be good regardless.

RE: silica blast.. can add in as much silica as you want. Earth is 60% silica and rocks its 90%, our soil is made from rocks. Cant hurt a plant with too much silica, unless you throw a rock at em.

Gotta check whats on the label tho to be sure its JUST silica. I use Pro-tekt and HorseTail ferns for my silica source (and local worm castings - they actually sparkle from the silica).

Pro-tekt is highly concentrated and I've never used more that a tsp per gal .. don't know if I could over do it with that stuff, never tried to. Silica very good for outdoor flowers. Strengthens stalks and helps with pests.

Plants have several methods to fight off pests. The best one is pheromones. Ever see a plant totally covered in pests and the next plant to it, totally free of pests?? There's a reason its not just luck. Another subject ... another discussion. Health of plant has a key role in that.

So now high A/F and ramble is no more a thing! Not sure why?? :Namaste:o_O

Hey there KJ - good to see you. Thank you for your kind words.

Bro you rant away brother. I'll be right there with ya. Go ahead and get me started. Double dare ya.

For you tea mix I don't use Epsom Salts very often. Last time I used it was last spring I think.

Lots of reason but the main thing "for me" is I'm using my soil over and over no-till style and I don't need Epsom salts cause it messes with my soil mix. Plants need Mg but chlorophyll only has one Mg molecule:

Chlorophyll: C55 H70 O6 N4 Mg <--- one Mg molecule on the end there

So there's plenty of Mg in my soil mix. If I add more, I can get an imbalance.

I have a pretty balanced soil mix so I tend to leave it be unless I have issues.
Epsom Salts can be a thing but Kelp Meal has that covered.

I take it that you're using a liquid kelp product??

It's good, I mix my own and make liquid kelp and foiler and water in. So no need for any more Mg. There's some Mg in EWC too. So you're tea has plenty without the Epsom Salts.
It's not going to kill your plant so dont worry. It is going to mess with the micro-herd a little in the soil so go easy with it. The micro-herd will be good regardless.

RE: silica blast.. can add in as much silica as you want. Earth is 60% silica and rocks its 90%, our soil is made from rocks. Cant hurt a plant with too much silica, unless you throw a rock at em.

Gotta check whats on the label tho to be sure its JUST silica. I use Pro-tekt and HorseTail ferns for my silica source (and local worm castings - they actually sparkle from the silica).

Pro-tekt is highly concentrated and I've never used more that a tsp per gal .. don't know if I could over do it with that stuff, never tried to. Silica very good for outdoor flowers. Strengthens stalks and helps with pests.

Plants have several methods to fight off pests. The best one is pheromones. Ever see a plant totally covered in pests and the next plant to it, totally free of pests?? There's a reason its not just luck. Another subject ... another discussion. Health of plant has a key role in that.

So now high A/F and ramble is no more a thing! Not sure why?? :Namaste:o_O
Hey man Jesus great speaking bud

Clear I can understand your language ✊

Firstly before I forget lol the last part about health plant /pheromones ? Do genetics and where that seed came from how much light power pest etc ? Verse a clean sterile environment for example?

Man growing seems like a never ending battle like every plant is going to have it own thing lisp pennywise nitro def and now like three weeks after first sign on blue dream ?

I got currently those hen pellets with air stone going in water now to dissolve along with one tsp of mollasses . After the rain tomorrow even it’s suppose to stop I will add 1 gal to each medium /plant .

I just learned a ton of info from you tonight man thank you bud.

So silica is good should I not be worried and quickly do you advise 10-14 data flush straight tap water with about 140 ppm unsure of what is in it but it worked indoors for me ?

I’ll snap a pic tomorrow and post on here if cool along with my trailer trash betty ? I’m so proud of it . Really .:Namaste:

Ps I won’t use Epsom salts again .
Again thank man for your time and the kelp? yes!! , it’s a liquid kelp It says 5% p &5% k

I know pennywise is doing good (proteckt?) and simplicity is key to him and cost effective too.
I need to keep eye when they have in stock again .

Truly blessed man ✊

Back
Top Bottom