Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

Looking nice over here Mister BBrown...............

Keepem Green

Hey Bob, wondering if it’s possible to ‘over do it’ with daily folair sprays if I was just using 1/2 gal water + 1tsp Ful-Power(or maybe there’s something better)?

1 tsp... probably not going to hurt.. I usually do a cap full every 3 -5 days along with everything else I put in my IPM.

Can add:
Coconut water, 1/4 cup / gal

Kelp Tea - grind up kelp meal to fine add 1/4 cup to a quart mason jar - store in fridge strain the water into sprayer @ 1/4 cup / gal

Silica supplements:

Horse Tail Fern tea - 3-5 tbs Horsetail fern to hot water (like making tea) to quart mason jar. Let cool to room temp, cover then into fridge. 1/4 cup / gal water. Can be mixed with everything above.

Pro-tekt - 1tsp to gal water add to above.

EM-1 - 2 tsp / gal water spray with everything above.

Green Manure Tea:

We can make our own compost teas.... this gets interesting. There's plenty of green manure sources. Most all of them are dynamic accumulators meaning they take minerals from the environment and store them in the plant matter.

We can harvest these plants and simply fill a quart mason jar with water add in the plant matter and cover tight and let sit for several MONTHS.. leave on window sill until plant matter settles and the water begins to clear up.

Many of these plants are weeds growing right outside our homes. Instead of throwing them in the compost bin we can also compost them in a bucket or closed jar of water. Outdoors you can water in from the bucket.. warning strong so must be diluted and it smells like manure.
For a closed jar:
Don't open until the water is clear.. will take several months. This is old school stuff. But very effective as a foiler. 1/4 cup strained into gal of water foiler on.

Examples of plants to use as compost teas:

Stinging Nettle
Horsetail fern - I usually just do the hot tea above but we can do a compost tea as well.
Dandelions
Comfrey
Vetch
Yarrow
To name a few... ca google "list of dynamic accumulators" for a lot of good reading. All of those plants can be used in many ways in your garden.

Sprouted seed teas:

This is another good source of nutrients.
I've started using a product already made up from sprouts (getting even more lazy) called Sprout Tonic from Mountain Organics. Of course you can do your own sprouts and grind and strain into water and foiler and water in.

Sprouts are great for human consumption as well.

I have my weekly IPM you help me set up that uses a cap of FP, then a combination of coco/aloe, kelp, Horsetail, Nettle, Grow-Sil(Silica)...that’s once a week, the other days just wanna make sure I won’t hurt them if I spray them with just RO water + Ful-Power

Top notch info as always Bob! Thank you :Namaste:

Yes prolly fine ... there was a guy on here a few years ago that was adding 1/4 CUP of Ful-Power weekly which I thought was a lot but he was killing it. No signs of problems.

I like to errr on the side of caution... and I don't like to mess too much with the ladies.

One of my plants has mites again... not a lot like very few.. I let it get too warm and dry a few days ago. Bam.. eggs hatch ... prolly in the soil. Those little fvckers ....

Been on it spraying with IPM .. I try and skip IPM going down the stretch but that puts the younger plants in peril. Some strains I run just never get them. Seems many of the poly-hybrids are the plants that are most vulnerable.

I'm back to IPM .... all good.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK so a little update:

Black Hyena seedlings - 10 days old on the 3rd set of leaves and in their VEG containers - #3 square nursery pots.

Black Hyena - Widow x Blue Dream x Blue Dream. Never ran BD yet but watching Jim's grow got me thinking I should try em.

Also got some seeds from Strainfly for a decent price from Canada.

Illegal Alien x Breath of green dragon ( (Hindu kush x Afghan kush) x blueberry trainwreck))

Illegal Alien = Alien grenades x Alien sour diesel

Breath of green dragon = (Hindu kush x Afghan kush) x blueberry trainwreck

Alien worked a bit with Startfighter and I've been very happy with the results of everything I've ran with Starfighter genetics in it... 1 of my friends likes that purp eye candy so I thought I'd get some going... so seeds are soaking.

In the VEG room:
Older pic, there's a few more in there now ... I'm backed up so some hard decisions need to be made. These are all basically mother plants at this point left over from fall run. So are 6+ months old. Look pretty healthy considering. I've added a cup of home made compost to each container. That really perked them up.

Flower Room:

Family Picture Right - Perspective is eye level for me @5'10" - so most of the plants except Lab#4 and Chemdawg are well over head high!

Right to left:

Labyrinth #4 (prolly like #14 actually) @ 49 days

DT #7 - in the back - the largest plant by a fair margin @ 35 days

Dolato #2 - she's black now - front & center @ 63 days - ready to chop.

Buffalato #2 - green pheno in the center back @ 37 days

Family Picture Left

There's a Polyploid PMB #2 in there she's only 18" tall. She's barely visible lower right in the pic.

Buffalato #1 - Left Back - @ 49 days - purps now likely going to go black like her cousin Dolato #2 they look almost identical but Buffalato has a little more green (for now).

Chemdawg from clone left front @ 40 days - she's sprinting down the stretch as is Labyrinth. These 2 ladies can finish @50 days easy. I will likely let them go a little longer because trimming.

Chop order likely to be:
1 Dolato #2
2 Lab #4
3 Buffalato #1
4 Chemdawg
5 Buffalato #2
DT - prolly be harvesting something from the next round before she's ready. She's got another 55 days.

Now eye candy pics:

Buffalato #2 nug

Buffalato #2 nug

Buffalato #2 nug

Dolato #2 - difference from Buffalato #2 - not much green @ leaf center.

Buffalato #1 nug

Lab #4 close up

Lab #4 - cola

Lab #4 - cola

Dolato #2 - main stem down a little lower

Dolato #2 - Cola

You're just killing it as usual Bob. This one - Dolato #2 - just looks so delicious to me. Great work.

full

New strains with wild names sound interesting bob....breeder? Lab#4 frost ridiculous....Buffalato too, actually all of them frosty as hell. Is green Buffalato stronger than the purple/black one? Often are within same strain. Nice close up photos.....always wonder how you hold camera still enough on those close ups? :Namaste:

Nobody has ever seen variegated leaves or funky growth from that high of dosage of ful-power? I know on another forum most people have backed down to 1 tsp/gal and not all that frequent. While others have cut it out completely. I will still continue to use it but dont think ill ever go more than the 1 tsp/gal. Just a thought, something to look into maybe! Looking fantastic Bob! Beautiful pictures :goodjob:

LaquerHead - Ful-Power = fulvic acid.

It's pretty hard to over due... I'd have issues if it were.. I consider it a must have in my grow tool box. Not sure why folks would discontinue use?? I mainly, say 95% of the time, just foilar on with it with my IPM routine. Real hard to over do it that way.

I've had issues with like you mentioned with TM-7 which is also made by BioAg. I stopped using it after 1st try because of funky growth. I switched to Ful-Power after that and have been using it ever since without any issues.

New strains with wild names sound interesting bob....breeder? Lab#4 frost ridiculous....Buffalato too, actually all of them frosty as hell. Is green Buffalato stronger than the purple/black one? Often are within same strain. Nice close up photos.....always wonder how you hold camera still enough on those close ups? :Namaste:

Breeder is a guy from Canada - he's got a lot of gear and sells to the Canadian market mainly... he's cloning a shit ton and likely selling to the big hitters getting fired up for legalization. Found him on Strainfly... He's actually living right down the road from Cottage420. Was looking at his Wifi crosses but price too high (for unknown) and i went with the Illegal Alien stuff. Never know unless I pop a bean or 2, eh?

Strainly - Pheno hunting made easy

This one I picked up had a lot of Alien genetics in it... Always liked Starfighter. You ever hear about Alien??

Be cool to see him come back on the scene.

Check out SOL & Neptune for Alien. SOL has many. :Namaste:

Must resist... must resist...

Chopped Dolato #2 - after hang and trimming all the fans, she's going to dry up and trim into a lot of hard nuggs.. Was a medium size (for me) plant but heavy as a large plant after fan removal.

Dolato #2 - is the stickiest plant I've ever worked with. Trimming fans I had to have a bottle of Isopropyl alcohol and a rag handy and wiped my hands and trimmers like a hundred times. Trim off 3 leaves and I'm sticking to everything. A lot of terps with this one too!

Smell trimming fans:
Wow gassy fuel with a slight chocolate/coffee and faint citrus smell.. very strong with the gas this 1 is. I'm hoping for more up-lift feel than Dolato #1. From the smell so far these are complete opposites.

She was stall mates with Chemdawg.. maybe a little fuel rubbed off on her. I took a shower after trimming the fans and went swimming.. I could smell the terpines coming out of my pours in the locker room!!

The yield is going to be there for sure. I'm gonna guess 8 zips in the can. Glad I left her go another week. She bulked up big time down the stretch.

Next to flower in her place - Buffalato #2 - she's been vegging for like 3 months. I'll have to trim her up quite a bit before flip.

Sounds like you crushed it on Dolato. Pulling for ya on #2 being more up....wouldn't bank on it. Gelato prob. won't allow it.

Test nugs are promising.. really smelled a lot like the fuel in Chemdawg... was actually overpowering. Wasn't too much of a downer I swam 90 laps (2250 meters) right after prelim trim, I did start out tired tho... more so that usual. For sure had to fight thru that initial relaxed feeling and get my ass going.

When I read the reviews... this one "looks" like they write about but there's not Sherbet or Thin Mint GSC anywhere ... well not yet. More fuel with chocolate/coffee. Frosty A/F tho. Wow.. sticky is an understatement.

Dolato #1 is still curing.... kinda smelled like woody soil and ahem... cat piss at first. Now it's coming around to a sweeter citrus woody smell. No cat piss thankfully. When I first jarred it up... I was pretty disappointed when I did the first birping.. "not cat piss please"... now its gone thankfully.

The effect fom Dolato #1 was stoney... like eyes are slits, warm all over stoney.

Back
Top Bottom