Creating Female Seeds Using Colloidal Silver - With High Brix

Well, even doing a "normal" run, they get a couple cat drenches right around the time ovulation is occurring so they'll get them for sure.

FYI, Doc said if I were doing a branch-only to run it normally. If doing a full-on seed run, "cat all the way". I have all my seed plants in smaller pots so I'll tread lightly, but they'll all get a cat drench or 4.

:cool:

I'll throw some pics in a couple days. I've been plucking off male flowers and dropping them into a little tin covered with wire mesh strainer for drying. I even put a few of those pill-container dessicants in there to facilitate the process. After a few days, I'll try to remove as much of the flower material and pop it into the refrigerator until needed again.

On a foot note, I want to add that I stopped actively dusting them and will do it again this coming weekend. All the breeders I've spoken to (yes, there are a number of known breeders that will actually talk to you about it!) say to pollinate at day 21 (some say they go up to 32-35 days too). These plants will be on day 21 of flower this Friday.

They will be ready for their first cat drench then too so I will perhaps delay or even eliminate the cat's on these this round. We'll see.

:cool:

When you say pollinate on day 21.... are you talking about 21 days from starting 12/12?
Sorry but it seems this question gets interpreted differently, depending on who you talk with.

When you say pollinate on day 21.... are you talking about 21 days from starting 12/12?
Sorry but it seems this question gets interpreted differently, depending on who you talk with.

I appreciate the question man, because it's constantly discussed. It's constantly discussed because the typical rhetoric allows for different perceptions even when they think they're saying the same thing. I'll try to clarify a little bit because that sentence confused me...ffs (even if it's true)

I almost never put a plant into flower until it's reached maturity. Many people will flower a plant 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks...hell, from the time they're put into dirt in some cases (read: Ziggy). When people do this, it takes additional time for the plant to develop the appropriate hormones to begin the flowering stage. Sometimes even 2-3 weeks. So, this requires particularly close attention to be paid to noticing when the pre-flowers extend and split. Once this happens, it's time to begin the flowering count.

For me, my plants are already producing pre-flowers, with alternating nodes in most cases, and can begin flowering count the day I flip.

I hope that answered your question B, and I hope you don't find my explanation offensive. I only wrote it because I see it discussed quite a bit as well, and it's truly relative to the maturity of the plant at the time of flip. For all my postings, the day count will be from the day I flip, and in most cases will also be within a few days of reaching maturity.

:peace::cool:

In checking the reversal, I gave it a gentle tap as I tipped it over the card stock. I didn't give it a vigorous shake as I still want to wait until Friday (day 21 of flower) to actively pollinate.

It's still popping male flowers...

20160322_163106.jpg

...and making some good pollen

pollen13.jpg

I carded this into the tin with the other flowers I plucked a few days ago, and I must say, I'm quite pleased with the progression so far.

I appreciate the question man, because it's constantly discussed. It's constantly discussed because the typical rhetoric allows for different perceptions even when they think they're saying the same thing. I'll try to clarify a little bit because that sentence confused me...ffs (even if it's true)

I almost never put a plant into flower until it's reached maturity. Many people will flower a plant 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks...hell, from the time they're put into dirt in some cases (read: Ziggy). When people do this, it takes additional time for the plant to develop the appropriate hormones to begin the flowering stage. Sometimes even 2-3 weeks. So, this requires particularly close attention to be paid to noticing when the pre-flowers extend and split. Once this happens, it's time to begin the flowering count.

For me, my plants are already producing pre-flowers, with alternating nodes in most cases, and can begin flowering count the day I flip.

I hope that answered your question B, and I hope you don't find my explanation offensive. I only wrote it because I see it discussed quite a bit as well, and it's truly relative to the maturity of the plant at the time of flip. For all my postings, the day count will be from the day I flip, and in most cases will also be within a few days of reaching maturity.

Thank you for such a clear answer..... refreshing :thumb:
The more I think about the recipient, the more I am leaning towards taking a clone off of her to pollinate instead. Even if I vegged a clone for 6 weeks it would still be ready sooner. Guess I'll worry about that if I actually get some pollen.

(+ reps)

Looks ballsy to me! :thumb:

You got it man. I'd definitely hit them a few more days then you're golden. They'll grow and swell and change color to yellowish. Even before they open (just before they bloom), they will have viable, active pollen. It IS possible to pluck a flower too early, but once the first one opens, there are usually a few more ready but not open...in the event you wanted to harvest some with less chance of spreading it by accident.

Looking good. :cool:

p.s. You can't really spray them "too much", so better to err on the side of more rather than less...IMO. I'd spray them until you see a male flower cluster start to turn yellow.

You got it man. I'd definitely hit them a few more days then you're golden. They'll grow and swell and change color to yellowish. Even before they open (just before they bloom), they will have viable, active pollen. It IS possible to pluck a flower too early, but once the first one opens, there are usually a few more ready but not open...in the event you wanted to harvest some with less chance of spreading it by accident.

Looking good. :cool:

p.s. You can't really spray them "too much", so better to err on the side of more rather than less...IMO. I'd spray them until you see a male flower cluster start to turn yellow.

I will need to be very careful as I have 3 other plants in there with this one (I call her Bruce)
How long do you figure I can leave it in the same room without having to worry about it releasing pollen? I think I read that it was usually 3 weeks so I had planned on removing it at around two. I know it's pretty early to be thinking about it but while I have all of this good help, I gotta ask.

Back
Top Bottom