Critical Kush - First Time Grow - Coco Coir

Haha, I'm not a professional, just experienced. I also like to fill the pot with roots before transfer. Growing autos are a little different. I like the solo cups, it allows me to pop the medium and roots out to have a peak and they don't seem to mind. I would look for roots scattered around the bottom of those air pots then pot up. That root will air prune and start branching more. I'd wait a bit Swagg.
Almost every hole has a root beginning to poke out but perhaps another week or maybe mid week before any up potting. I like the idea or really having a healthy root system rather then just strands scattered around. That long one that came out the bottom double in size since last night. Just swimming in the run off water and loving it

All great advice. These fellas will sort you out proper and your plants will thank you for your newfound knowledge. It's like when you learn the right way to perform cunnilingus. The ladies will love you for it .
And it's okay to peek
Honestly these plants may have been dead if it wasn't for you folks. These girls are just loving life. Went to bed and woke up and I swear the leaves stretched out to the edges of the pots and a couple have gone beyond the pot. Ur example is a great one btw.

They look like they are coming on nicely dude.

Nice FIM there. Will be cool to see what happens...
I'm excited to see. Perhaps a day or two and I should be able to see what's happening. Fingers crossed. I wanna see minimum 4. Maybe I'm greedy but go big or go home.

I'm excited to see. Perhaps a day or two and I should be able to see what's happening. Fingers crossed. I wanna see minimum 4. Maybe I'm greedy but go big or go home.
I tried it on one of mine and 1 branch kinda mutated and started growing new leaves and branches in sets of 3's not pairs. Its in flower now and the buds on that stem are everywhere compared to the other branches.
I also got super lucky with the way the side branches came up and I ended up with 9 pretty much equal tops. It was pure luck mind you, I'm on my 1st grow .
I'll try to get a picture tomorrow if I remember. Garden is sealed up for the night tonight already.

Swagg I hope you don't mind I'm dropping one of your pics in Katins' journal to help them with their FIM since yours looks perfect .
Absolutely go ahead brother. I certainly don't mind at all. What kind of scum bag would I be to accept and get all this help from you all and not be willing to contribute myself. I'm actually honoured my man. All smiles here.

As promised, I got a pic of my mutation after a FIM for ya.

This is a normal branch on the plant:
420-magazine-mobile1483350536.jpg

This is the one that mutated and grew branches/leaves in 3s not pairs:
420-magazine-mobile1146135251.jpg

Hope you get a good result from yours buddy. Mine was all luck and no skill .

Edit: A side by side with mutation on the right. You can clearly see the difference in number of pistils etc...
420-magazine-mobile1171961923.jpg

Forgive the DE on the leaves...

As promised, I got a pic of my mutation after a FIM for ya.

This is a normal branch on the plant:
420-magazine-mobile1483350536.jpg

This is the one that mutated and grew branches/leaves in 3s not pairs:
420-magazine-mobile1146135251.jpg

Hope you get a good result from yours buddy. Mine was all luck and no skill .

Edit: A side by side with mutation on the right. You can clearly see the difference in number of pistils etc...
420-magazine-mobile1171961923.jpg

Forgive the DE on the leaves...
I'm still waiting to see what happens. Thanks for bringing the pics by. Mine was all guess work. Looking at online diagrams and back at my plant n saying...this looks like it's about the same spot. Snip. As of this morning still nothing really developing that I could notice in terms of how many new growths. Will take a week or so I'd imagine. I'm just impatient. In the mean time I'm gonna go pick up a couple 3 gal air pots today for my soon transplant. And my wife just text saying the plants are beginning to smell. They're only barely 3 weeks. What kind of "weed" smell could they possibly have. But whatever. Told her I'll rig up the carbon air filter when I get home.

I'm still waiting to see what happens. Thanks for bringing the pics by. Mine was all guess work. Looking at online diagrams and back at my plant n saying...this looks like it's about the same spot. Snip. As of this morning still nothing really developing that I could notice in terms of how many new growths. Will take a week or so I'd imagine. I'm just impatient. In the mean time I'm gonna go pick up a couple 3 gal air pots today for my soon transplant. And my wife just text saying the plants are beginning to smell. They're only barely 3 weeks. What kind of "weed" smell could they possibly have. But whatever. Told her I'll rig up the carbon air filter when I get home.

Haha I did the exact same thing dude, just gave it my best guess in the end off a diagram online. I figured worst case scenario is I get it wrong and just top instead. I'm sure yours will turn out great, they look spot on. They will show in time mate.

Fresh plants have much more of a stink I found than even dried bud being smoked. And its a different smell, it seems to carry in wafts and waves on the wind a long way. Its a beautiful smell I might add.

With your carbon filter I recently learned that if you blow your air out through it (high pressure inside filter), rather than suck air into it (negative pressure inside filter), the pressure causes the air to evenly pass through all of the activated carbon. Whereas if you draw air in through the filter, it will not pull evenly across the whole thing, it pulls more air at the end closer to the fan and less at the far end of the filter causing it to "run out" quicker. It will still have good carbon in too, it just wont be getting used up and will be wasted. Due to my setup I currently can't push air out through my filter, but its worth doing if you can.

Haha I did the exact same thing dude, just gave it my best guess in the end off a diagram online. I figured worst case scenario is I get it wrong and just top instead. I'm sure yours will turn out great, they look spot on. They will show in time mate.

Fresh plants have much more of a stink I found than even dried bud being smoked. And its a different smell, it seems to carry in wafts and waves on the wind a long way. Its a beautiful smell I might add.

With your carbon filter I recently learned that if you blow your air out through it (high pressure inside filter), rather than suck air into it (negative pressure inside filter), the pressure causes the air to evenly pass through all of the activated carbon. Whereas if you draw air in through the filter, it will not pull evenly across the whole thing, it pulls more air at the end closer to the fan and less at the far end of the filter causing it to "run out" quicker. It will still have good carbon in too, it just wont be getting used up and will be wasted. Due to my setup I currently can't push air out through my filter, but its worth doing if you can.

Good to know about the filter, might set mine up like that, give me more room doing that too
:thumb:

Hey quick thought on the filter! Couldn't you like tape or block off the part closest to fan over time so you have the ability to use the entire filter and prolong it's life??

Hey quick thought on the filter! Couldn't you like tape or block off the part closest to fan over time so you have the ability to use the entire filter and prolong it's life??
I guess you could, a better alternative might be to wait until it runs out. Take the two end caps off (just drill rivets out and put new ones in if they didnt use bolts) and swap the base cap and the inlet/outlet cap to opposite ends. Then you can just use it from the other end. It does of course depend on your filter and fan though. If you got a tiny filter and huge fan, you'll likely be using all your filter and more. Tiny fan on big filter is where sometimes you could be only using 10% of the filter.

A good way to get a rough idea is to light up a joint by the filter and slowly move it along and watch when the smoke stops getting sucked in. You get to a point where it will be pulled along the outer surface of the filter and then in through the filter closer to the fan. This is the rough point where your fan pulls to.

Never thought of putting it on the other end to blow air out of it instead of sucking air into it. I'm gonna have a look and see if I can even rig it up like that. If have to attack my hose on the end of the filter in this case instead of on the end of the fan. The end being the end exhausting the air out

Back
Top Bottom