Cultivators 7200w Build And Grow Perpetual

I'll have to look into it mate, no ones ever said that to me before. I cant really comment on it. However i'd be inclined to say not to as its unnecessary stress and im getting fantasic results without doing it. I will definately look into that theory though.

Re scoring roots. I was taught to do this when transplanting potted plants (not Cannabis), so when I started growing Cannabis, I carried over the practice. It's very much one of those techniques you learn a "feel" for. It depends on how root bound the plant is. If it's not root bound at all, then you don't need to score it, but I'm sure you've taken mothers out of pots they've been in for many months and seen how root bound they get.

When it's bad, I will often cut off the bottom layer of roots completely. This area usually has little or no soil left. If the roots are real bad around the sides too, I will take a utility knife and make vertical cuts to "loosen" up the roots. Sometimes I won't cut, but will just sort of massage them a little loose with my hands.

Just wanted to share that this isn't some weird technique. I've seen a couple others talk about it here, but I don't see it discussed often. I kind of look at it like root defoliation. :blalol:

Or you could pay my mate "Sparky Steve" to isolate 2 rooms and therefore get FREE elec :) The rest of your house uses normal but 2 rooms are free :).............footnote.....I don't do that because my Mrs is a windy arsed cow and scared of getting caught.....like the 16 plants wouldn't get you in bother but a few amps?????? lol :)

I know Cult already responded, but this is a bad bad idea. Assuming you're doing this to avoid being caught, then you're now doing two things illegal. Don't steal power. The electric company doesn't care as long as you pay the bill. They are more than happy to have a good customer who pays on time. My electric company loved me this month! :rofl:

Even in the 90's when EVERYONE was illegal, we all knew not to steal power. I have the skills and knowledge to do it, but it's not worth it. Despite the word on the street, it is NOT that hard for them to find the illegal feed. It's real easy to measure voltage drops and figure out which house is using more power than it says it is.

btw, Cult. I like the vids. You're really giving me a little more motivation to get one posted. Are you using your phone? Do you do any post processing? Do you take any measures to protect your identity/privacy like using Tor or something?

Hiker thanks for the input on scoring the roots, maybe i'll try it some time but ive never needed to do it so far.

I take vids on my phone. i make sure GPS and data roaming is off, i then put video on pc then post to a youtube account i created using anonymous details. i can PM u details how to do it if u like.

To be honest i dont want to have my setup taken from me but i have no fear of the law. Im seen as a criminal but i dont hurt anyone, im not a ruthless gangster. Im a family man and everyone that works for me is well looked after. The police would have people believe im evil, but i think im one of the good commercial growers, i care what goes into my plants and i dont bulk them up with crap.

For the record, this is a legal space. i protect its identity to stop thieves and scumbags robbing it.

So i tripped over and snapped one of the plants last night, i was going to bin it but theres loads of extra space at the min so ive trimmed it up and took some cuts and put plant back in room. this will be my first attempt at taking and rooting cuts in flower, i wouldnt normally do it as there is no need but i hate waste so we'll see what happens.

DSC_01506.JPG
DSC_01498.JPG
DSC_01445.JPG
DSC_01515.JPG
DSC_01528.JPG

Heres a few pics of the flowerring plants at day 16, def behind on the flowers. i think its down to too much nitrogen from the advanced nutes ph perfect so i will play around with it till i get the mix spot on.

DSC_01418.JPG
DSC_01408.JPG
DSC_01399.JPG

Heres the mothers and rooted clones

DSC_01436.JPG
DSC_01429.JPG
DSC_01735.JPG
DSC_01747.JPG

ive figured out what was wrong with my nute mix, which i believe was delaying the bloom and also showing some deficiencies on some other plants. When i was mixing the advanced nutrient ph perfect 3 part i was mixing it wrong. i was adding grow, micro bloom to the res but infact it should be added micro grow bloom for it to work correctly. an oversight on my part, but hope this will stabilise the issue.

Looking good cults!
How much ph perfect are you using per litre??
And what's the downfall for having green plants throughout flower other than delay? Mine have stayed green with canna aqua in coco and I've been impressed so far :D

I feel your pain about crawling down to get to plants hence why you need them drippers working. Lol
Quick question i got for ya though...
I have a 200L water butt and I've connected it to my dripper line but I use a maxi jet 1000 and a auto timer for 1 min what takes out about 16 litres in that time.
The problem is when it finishes the pressure causes more water to drip or dribble through the line and it's driving me maaad as I thought I dialled it in.
I figured if I let the 16 litres drip in a 20 litre bucket and let that bucket feed with another maxi jet (500) then the lines will work but it's taking up space n causing hazards lol
any better ideas or a better pump I can use what don't cause this problem??

Thanks!! grinds

i use 3-4ml per litre on large plants and 1-2ml on young plants. there is nothing wrong with green plants in flower, its when the start to get really dark green that its an issue, u just dont want the plant having too much nitrogen in the bloom phase, but if ur buds and plants look healthy dont worry about it bro.

I would need to see your exact setup to help u figure it out as there are several things that come into play. Is it runtowaste or recirculating? are u allowing for the medium to dry a little inbetween waterings? i'd prob just use a weaker pump and put less water through. Or instead of using it on a timer u could do what i do which is to attach a hose to the maxijet 1000 then put a sprayer head on the end and manually spray each plant as they need it. if u want to be precise time how long it takes to fill 1 litre jug and then u can time ur sprays. i dont bother doing that, i just do it by eye.

Hey Cult

Been readin your journals and glad to see you're back. Have a question on how you aeroclone? Right now I built 2 aerocloners and my cuttings have been in the cloner for 12 days, but only showing tiny roots that just broke threw the stem (where bumps were). I've seen you getting huge 6 inch long roots in 14 days. What's your secret?

BTW My room right now is running co2 at 1250ppm temps at 80, rh at 40%

Thanks mate

hey joker i don't use aerocloner but i use a bubble cloner what i do notice is once the roots come in and take hold they take off really fast noticeable growth in a day once it takes off

Back
Top Bottom