DD Stable Of Impermanence

One size does not fit all, My belief is we all have different chemistries, systems, biota. Different terpenes affect everybody differently, There are already major effects noted in strain reviews but they are quite broad and cover a lot of things in discriptions. My 2$

1. Survey Monkey may work. Don't know if you'd considered that.

2. You my want to ask for strain and then use a consistent database. It may not always be exact but cut down on inaccurate reporting (while having its own inaccuracies). It would, however, be consistent in relation to each particular strain with the caveat being that each breeder may have a slightly different strain profile. For instance, my Northern Lights strain has 1.7% CBD, which is unusual. You might ask for that info anyway in case something is way off from the "norm".

3. May want to just use the 0-10 pain scale as it's more easily quantified.

4. I'm calling @SweetSue for input. If anyone is going to have info, it's her. Hope neither of you mind.

5. May want to ask for onset of relief/effects and also duration (I see you covered that already).

6. Going to post a link to a set of guidelines from Mayo Clinic they are generally considered reliable and include terpenes, their effects, and mechanisms of action in Table 2. Go here: Clinicians’ Guide to Cannabidiol and Hemp Oils

7. Good on you. So glad to see you doing this.

One size does not fit all, My belief is we all have different chemistries, systems, biota. Different terpenes affect everybody differently, There are already major effects noted in strain reviews but they are quite broad and cover a lot of things in discriptions. My 2$

I agree entirely! All totally anecdotal and subjective. About our only claim to science will be that it will be peer reviewed ;)

1. Survey Monkey may work. Don't know if you'd considered that.

2. You my want to ask for strain and then use a consistent database. It may not always be exact but cut down on inaccurate reporting (while having its own inaccuracies). It would, however, be consistent in relation to each particular strain with the caveat being that each breeder may have a slightly different strain profile. For instance, my Northern Lights strain has 1.7% CBD, which is unusual. You might ask for that info anyway in case something is way off from the "norm".

3. May want to just use the 0-10 pain scale as it's more easily quantified.

4. I'm calling @SweetSue for input. If anyone is going to have info, it's her. Hope neither of you mind.

5. May want to ask for onset of relief/effects and also duration (I see you covered that already).

6. Going to post a link to a set of guidelines from Mayo Clinic they are generally considered reliable and include terpenes, their effects, and mechanisms of action in Table 2. Go here: Clinicians’ Guide to Cannabidiol and Hemp Oils

7. Good on you. So glad to see you doing this.

There’s a lot in there Al.
Thanks for your thoughtful reply!

First of all: what I am proposing to compile is informal, impression-based data.

As Dynamo noted it’s all different for each of us. I’m ok with that.
Strains for pains has skimmed some of this. I’m aware of some research in terpene-targeting pain relief in general.

However, my interest is particularly in whether any pattern in terpene profiles emerges in relation to the above types of pain.

It isn’t my wish to quit my job and become a full time statistician. Even though it is realistic that I may have to quit my job anyway. It also has to work on my phone which is also my only almost-computer. I don’t mind using a pencil to work things out. Even if my answers are sometimes only close.

The data will be handled numerically, as you say.

And yes, too re: non normal data ;)

There’s a lot in there Al.
Thanks for your thoughtful reply!

First of all: what I am proposing to compile is informal, impression-based data.

As Dynamo noted it’s all different for each of us. I’m ok with that.
Strains for pains has skimmed some of this. I’m aware of some research in terpene-targeting pain relief in general.

However, my interest is particularly in whether any pattern in terpene profiles emerges in relation to the above types of pain.

It isn’t my wish to quit my job and become a full time statistician. Even though it is realistic that I may have to quit my job anyway. It also has to work on my phone which is also my only almost-computer. I don’t mind using a pencil to work things out. Even if my answers are sometimes only close.

The data will be handled numerically, as you say.

And yes, too re: non normal data ;)

I took statistics once. The probability of me taking it again approaches the null. :D

Sounds like an informal qualitative epidemiological study to me. A case study could emerge. Piece of cake. ;)

68% of statisticians make stuff up.
:morenutes:

Thanks to the hard work of a few, 87.3566% of all statistics are completely made up.

I totally ripped this one off:

Three professors (a physicist, a chemist, and a statistician) are called in to see their dean. Just as they arrive the dean is called out of his office, leaving the three professors there. The professors see with alarm that there is a fire in the wastebasket.
The physicist says, "I know what to do! We must cool down the materials until their temperature is lower than the ignition temperature and then the fire will go out."

The chemist says, "No! No! I know what to do! We must cut off the supply of oxygen so that the fire will go out due to lack of one of the reactants."

While the physicist and chemist debate what course to take, they both are alarmed to see the statistician running around the room starting other fires. They both scream, "What are you doing?"

To which the statistician replies, "Trying to get an adequate sample size."

Update flip day 11

Plant pics as promised...

2 Isabelles Red in front
2 Isabelles Blue in back
1 Isabelle Purple, the stick in the corner

They have some colour back. Had their second feed since their roots woke up from ‘stasis’.

Snow on the hills, sleet at the door and two degrees C forecast tonight.

Stay warm.
:ciao:

Update flip day 11

Plant pics as promised...

2 Isabelles Red in front
2 Isabelles Blue in back
1 Isabelle Purple, the stick in the corner

They have some colour back. Had their second feed since their roots woke up from ‘stasis’.

Snow on the hills, sleet at the door and two degrees C forecast tonight.

Stay warm.
:ciao:

Somebody always gotta be different, huh? :D

Hey DD, hope you have been well! I'm going to hop in here and join in for the rest of the ride. Nice oil recipe to kick things off and your plants are looking great my friend! :high-five: :passitleft:

Help me out a little with making sure I understand the equation if you will.
Oldbear created a spreadsheet that will do the calculations for you, and will let you blend up to three strains together for a custom mix (good for those adding a CBD strain to the mix). Let me know if you're interested and I can PM you the link to the sheet and the instructions I wrote up for them!
Does the cannabinoid % increase with the decrease in weight from decarb or stay the same since there is now less water weight?
Since almost all you are doing is removing the water weight, as a percentage of the total weight I'd say yes. But I only calculate oil strength based on post-decarb weight, so pre-decarb weight isn't meaningful when making oil.
I wonder whether terpene profiles affect medical usefulness, as well as cannabinoids.
I believe this to be true, as many terpene charts you read have symptoms on them as well. Here are some I have on file:
Terpene chart.gif

terpene chart.jpg

terpene education.jpg

Thanks for posting those charts, Shed. I have them saved from a post you made elsewhere. Good to be able to look at them for reference.

I’m getting better at explaining what I want to achieve with this the more I have to explain it.

I’m starting to flesh out an idea for an informal qualitative epidemiological study (thanks Al) on whether terpenes can usefully be targeting different types of pain. Starting with a survey to see if any of us self-medicating home gardener types have (in)advertently hit upon ... things that work.
:nerd-with-glasses:
I’m interested to see if we can find correlation between terpene profiles and types of pain targeted, and whether this could be a useful resource for clinicians and self-medicating home gardeners alike.

If there is nothing in it, then I’d also like to know that.
Otherwise, if it turns out that you’ll likely have a faster recovery from your sciatica (for example) with a limonene dominant strain, than the myrcene heavy one you’re using, which may be better for ... golfer’s elbow or some other RSI - well then, don’t we want to know that?

You’re right, we needs sommeliers :)
Your charts are useful guides, but yeah. I’m talking about guesswork.
I’m encouraged that you think it’s a good idea.
I’ve not seen this researched yet.
If patterns emerge indicating further research would be of benefit, happy to pass it on to someone with a lab.

Interview with Isabelle Purple

Donkey Dick: Hello, Isabelle. Thank you for agreeing to do this.

Isabelle Purple: What?

DD: They said you..

IP: Mm?

DD: I thought you were ok with this?

IP: Three weeks!

DD: Look, we’ve been through this. You said you.. for the magazine? You’re not supposed to have short term memory issues.

IP: Don’t get cute, monkey! I remember three weeks all too well!

DD: I don’t know what you want me to say. I said sorry a million times already.

IP: It was cold.

DD: I know.

IP: No, it was cold!

DD: You said.

IP: I froze.

DD: ... Look, I. What else could I..

IP: I can’t get warm anymore.

DD: It’s 21 degrees in here.

IP: I can’t feel it. I don’t think I’ll ever be warm again.

DD: Well there, ok. Maybe... Maybe I have some good news for you.

IP: ‘m listening.

DD: Ok, well. Bits of you are going to be very warm.

IP: This sounds like a trick.

DD: No, honestly..

IP: What bits?

DD: Your pretty flowers, Isabelle.

IP: My..?

DD: Just the other day I kept a bouquet at 85*C for over ten hours.

IP: Oh wow that actually does sound really nice.

DD: That was after I’d kept it at 115*C for an hour and a half.

IP: You’re confusing me now.

DD: Small amounts of you will get to 420*F whatever that is in real numbers.

IP: Oh you’re not taking this seriously. You think this is funny!

DD: Honestly, Isabelle some of you is likely to burn, even.

IP: I should never have listened about this.

DD: I’m just happy you’re talking to me again.

IP: Not though.

DD: Only a week or two til your flowers will be coming on, love.

IP: ...

DD: The clones you gave us last week are still looking great..

IP: ...

DD: Isabelle?

DD: Isabelle?

Can't believe how good those isabelles are looking, after all they've been through. So, Isabelle purple has forgiven you, but she is starting to understand her fate. Great interview. When will it start to warm up down yonder? Stay warm my friend.

Can't believe how good those isabelles are looking, after all they've been through. So, Isabelle purple has forgiven you, but she is starting to understand her fate. Great interview. When will it start to warm up down yonder? Stay warm my friend.

They’ve been through enough I reckon. And now that iPurple is anthropomorphising herself I can see that revegging a couple of times is enough to make her think it’s ok to behave like an adolescent. I know better than to argue with girls. She’s growing out of it, though as the flowers come on. :battingeyelashes: I’m as surprised as anyone, Oops. My accidental Isabelles are up and on again.
Here she is and you can see the worst bits of her undercarriage are all wrinkled from having been frozen. And they were the best bits she had when the ice cave was opened.

Back
Top Bottom