Dewey Aeroponics - RADDWC

Yes I do us z7. I have a 55watt air compressor running the air in the flower room.
2 gal of water in the tank would cover the misters.but, could shoot up a spray.
Circulation thriughout the roots was an issue.
Adding more water fixes this.
But now the Misters are so far under the water.
They are just an air bubbler.

That large tote is fine. Started with 6 gallons.
Increased to 7 gallons. The misters I can still see are still well above water.

Yep! It's all good. In a DWC with manual refill. She just over drinks my ability to refill her bucket that often.
If I was doing a recirculation system. I would be easier to feed from res to buckets. And keep the water level up.
I'm GLAD your popping in!
These are thing people need to think about. When putting a system together.

Yep! It's all good. In a DWC with manual refill. She just over drinks my ability to refill her bucket that often.
If I was doing a recirculation system. I would be easier to feed from res to buckets. And keep the water level up.
I'm GLAD your popping in!
These are thing people need to think about. When putting a system together.

Hi Furcifer! I just entered the world of Dewey with their cloner. The 14 site bucket kit with one mister and air pump. I like the setup enough that I want to try to grow mature plants now with Dewey's.

Being, new to the tech I'm trying to understand what wall you hit. I was hoping to do dwc buckets, but now it sounds like recirculated dwc would be easier to maintain.

What size tote is that your plants are in RF? They look comfy together up top, wonder how their roots look in that tote. Also how many misters?

Hey Archi!
Welcome to Deweyponics.
I am operating 4 buckets and 1 tote. All are DWC with Dewey Misters.
The situation was that I grew a very large plant in a standard 5 gallon bucket.
She is a Kush (Indica dominate).
She was FIM and the top 2 branches SHUNT after the 4 branches from FIM developed.
This stopped upwards growth. Sending growth hormones to the side branches.
She has 10 main branches spread over a 4.5 foot x 4.5 foot area and 3 foot tall. Each of the 10 branches has at least 6 supporting branches for additional bud sites.

She drinks a gallon of water every 3 to 4 hours when lights are on.
3 quarts when lights are off.

The EASY fix was to just fill the bucket with water and operate as a true DWC.

Oooops

Finishing note.
The misters work great!
If I plan on growing a plant this big. In the same bucket.
I will attach the Misters base to a flat stone 1.5 to 2 inches tall. Around the same size as the mister base. Than attach the stone to the bottom of the bucket.
Run it the whole grow cycle with the additional gallon of water.

Changing the amount of water in the res.
Changes my whole feed routine. As to how I stabilized pH or, range it up and down.

Good luck

Oooops

Finishing note.
The misters work great!
If I plan on growing a plant this big. In the same bucket.
I will attach the Misters base to a flat stone 1.5 to 2 inches tall. Around the same size as the mister base. Than attach the stone to the bottom of the bucket.
Run it the whole grow cycle with the additional gallon of water.

Changing the amount of water in the res.
Changes my whole feed routine. As to how I stabilized pH or, range it up and down.

Good luck

Super helpful. Thanks!

Wont be long now

Im getting real excited. I thought id be more for the gdp but im loving the NN. The smell, the structure but GDP looks wet its so frosty

Update to Dewey in my 5 gallon bucket!
Standard bucket found at any Home Improvement Outlet.
15 inches tall. Roughly 10 inch diam at the bottom. 12 inches across at the top.
1.5 to 2 gallons of water is required for optimal performance.
2 misters to cover all sides of Root Mass. That extending down the center of the bucket.
Had a concern of water to root ratio. After the first month of veg.
Recommended that raising the Misters 2 inches off the bottom.
Using bolts or heavy blocks. That does not raise the bottom of the bucket.
Increasing water to 3 to 3.5 gallons.
4th week of flower.
Started to get a stank smell from RES.
Had to increase water level over the Misters to compensate for large root mass.
Smell has gone away.
And She is now in a DWC.

She's a big girl.

420-magazine-mobile1552245344.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1919252448.jpg

Dry res

420-magazine-mobile2133226769.jpg

1 gallon

420-magazine-mobile1073372133.jpg

The deweys push the water well, you could probably fill up over them and they will break the water tension for o2. Seems easier then digging in there through all those roots. Looking great!!

Hi Furcifer! I just entered the world of Dewey with their cloner. The 14 site bucket kit with one mister and air pump. I like the setup enough that I want to try to grow mature plants now with Dewey’s.

Being, new to the tech I’m trying to understand what wall you hit. I was hoping to do dwc buckets, but now it sounds like recirculated dwc would be easier to maintain.

What size tote is that your plants are in RF? They look comfy together up top, wonder how their roots look in that tote. Also how many misters?

Recirc seems to be the way to go. Water is more stable that way. I dont have enough room to go recirc but i manage to make it a week before rez change. I do top off with fresh water and adjust ph. I hate having to open my rez though. The plants flop every which way. I need to tie them down better.

Ill get you more info on the rez tomorrow with a pic of roots. So far with three smaller plants its been fine. Im using 4 misters in there.

Welcome to club dewey Archie! Its paradise

Dam, Just found this journal.
I just started the grow with deweys and this information will be very helpful
Thanks for posting

Welcome in CD!

Some pics. Ill make sure to post roots tomorrow

20171101_202654.jpg
20171101_202648.jpg
20171101_202639.jpg
20171101_202634.jpg
20171101_202630.jpg
20171101_202628.jpg
20171101_202624.jpg
20171101_202620.jpg
20171101_202615.jpg
20171101_202610.jpg
20171101_202648.jpg
20171101_202639.jpg
20171101_202634.jpg
20171101_202630.jpg
20171101_202628.jpg
20171101_202624.jpg
20171101_202620.jpg
20171101_202615.jpg
20171101_202610.jpg

Im loving the NN more then GDP so far but GDP looks to be almost finished. NN Smells amazing. This has been great so far but im thinking of doing a coco sog for my breeding project.

I found a beautiful 12 gallon container nice and shallow. Should make a perfect dewey res! And it's only 8 bucks instead of like 45 for the other one I was considering.

Think I'm going to go with 2 misters and 1 large airstone in the center.

If I can get it built sooner than later do you think I could transplant my seedling that is in coco into the net pot? I know hydroton is the "norm" but will coco work okay too?

Thanks in advance dewey Crew

That big colas in the middle is text book perfect! I decided to go with coco for my breeding run. Simple and easy.

Thanks pw. The NN has me drooling, im dying to cut it down. The coco will be great! Ill clone a whole bunch in the dewey and i can make another cloner if needed pop into coco and flip for seeds.

I found a beautiful 12 gallon container nice and shallow. Should make a perfect dewey res! And it's only 8 bucks instead of like 45 for the other one I was considering.

Think I'm going to go with 2 misters and 1 large airstone in the center.

If I can get it built sooner than later do you think I could transplant my seedling that is in coco into the net pot? I know hydroton is the "norm" but will coco work okay too?

Thanks in advance dewey Crew

Hey dabber hope all is well! Youll love the deweys! Very versatile. 12 gallon sounds great. I have to see my tote size at light on.

You have options. You can uproot the seedling. Clean the roots soom and pop into the dewey system with neoprene or dewey serts or you could put them in a net cup with coco. Coco holds o2 when fully saturated so your good there. I found it was best to let a root or two poke out the net cup bottom when filled with coco by top watering then once roots came through i put them into the dewey system i found that the coco would be too moist for the small root system if i put it straight into dewey. Takes only a few days to get roots poking out

I found it was best to let a root or two poke out the net cup bottom when filled with coco by top watering then once roots came through i put them into the dewey system i found that the coco would be too moist for the small root system if i put it straight into dewey. Takes only a few days to get roots poking out

I'm wondering if this is problem I'm having with my seedling roots not poking thru the net pot yet. Hydroton to wet from the Dewey possibly?

Back
Top Bottom