DIY Stealth Cab, Hydro, LED & Multiple Strains in Small Space - Oh Boy!

Hi Mr. Krip. :)

I agree with xlr8.....just beautiful pictures. :yahoo:

I also thank you for the water curring doc you posted. I've smoked water cured buds and I loved them. Just got to try it.....when I have my stash built up again. :high-five: Thanks! :high-five:

the water cure journals are still here they just got bumped to abandond for some reason.... and it got closed for comments..... it happened when Dime/------------/george parker left (i believe due to illness)
look for "water cure the members thread"
works well

Hi Mr. Krip! Wow, a ton of great photos. I'm glad you got the new camera, and you are putting it to good use. Some of those pics make the buds look like they are covered in fruity pepples and trichomes. :)

Your vegging plants look super healthy too. :thumb:

I'm thinking of trying the dark period thing at some point to get my own take on it, but I'll be really interested to see your take on it.

Really helpful info on the water cure.

Thanks, XLR8! :thanks:

I'm real happy & having lots of fun with the new cam, for sure! Going from that 3.2 mpx cell phone camera to this Nikon 10mpx camera is night & day (and not just cuz the Nikon has a flash!) and I'm starting to get some real nice shots.

Funny, under the LED's, some of those buds do look like Fruity Pebbles!!! YABBA-DABBA-DANK!

As for the dark period, unfortunately I'm not doing a very scientific test, since I only have the one plant and there's no "control" for comparison. But, this is the first time I've been able to try a dark period since on the last two harvests, there was another plant in the flower chamber that was NOT ready to harvest, so I couldn't interrupt the light cycle. With just the PE in there, it gives me a chance to at least try it, but she's already got some great trichomes now, so not sure I'll even notice a difference, but I'll definately post my opinion on it.

Hi Mr. Krip. :)

I agree with xlr8.....just beautiful pictures. :yahoo:

I also thank you for the water curring doc you posted. I've smoked water cured buds and I loved them. Just got to try it.....when I have my stash built up again. :high-five: Thanks! :high-five:

Thanks, OMM! And, thanks for the input on water curing.

I've read some great things about it, and our old friend ($0.10) had a good journal going documenting his efforts using WC as a solution when he got budrot.

I'd be a little hesitant to try it on my "primo tasting" meds, since I do like the taste (and, I don't travel with it, or partake in public places), but with anything that was "less than flavorful" or had some problem, like budrot, I woudn't hesitate to try it.

the water cure journals are still here they just got bumped to abandond for some reason.... and it got closed for comments..... it happened when Dime/------------/george parker left (i believe due to illness)
look for "water cure the members thread"
works well

Thanks for pointing that out, Shaggie! :thanks:

sorry i know this is off topic... but i know u guys will understand my thought prosses....

I know and respect the rules and guidlines to :420:
i know that there are many different reasons why we have lost members over the years due to illness, life, Rules etc.
i have no problem with any of these things.....
my question is Why is it that when someone leaves.... their posts and threads all but dissapear....
i have had some very good friends leave and watched as threads that they started that were VERY informative on new grow techniques and knowledge, vanish in to thin air... it seems as if we cant even reference their names.

just a thought i guess..
miss all the old fogies from when i joined i guess theres very few left that post.
than again i know alot have just changed their names and re- registered to stay anonymous.

thanks for lettin me barge in lol

my question is Why is it that when someone leaves.... their posts and threads all but dissapear....
i have had some very good friends leave and watched as threads that they started that were VERY informative on new grow techniques and knowledge, vanish in to thin air... it seems as if we cant even reference their names.

Searching by name is the problem- the threads remain but the moderators change the departed author's names. Try searching for the content or the subject rather than the name and you'll find what you're looking for. :bong:

Yesterday, I had to re-adjust the LST and the lights on the PE clones in veg. They're filling in nicely and loving the waterfarms. Although, I almost forgot how nice it was with the hempys to NOT have to check/adjust PH two times per day! :)
Are you having to adjust twice a day? I check pH ever 2-3 days and have only made one adjustment in the past few weeks. Sounds like there may be something going on the the waterfarms. Any signs of algae or other growth? My algae growth at the onset of my current grow was the cause of my pH issues. H2O2'd it, flushed, changed rez and it's been smooth sailing since then.

I did the dark period pre-harvest last grow. Not sure if it really made a difference, but I save a couple bucks on electricity.

Very nice Mr. Krip and nice pics! Still get some trippy looking shots with those leds but the clarity is much nicer, we can really appreciate those beautiful ladies. :)

Good luck on the harvest, always good times (although it's a pain in the ass!)

:peacetwo:

Thanks, Marley! The plants do look trippy under the LED's. I actually love the way they look in the pics! Even if the LED doesn't produce great buds, it sure makes for great pics! :rofl:

Are you having to adjust twice a day? I check pH ever 2-3 days and have only made one adjustment in the past few weeks. Sounds like there may be something going on the the waterfarms. Any signs of algae or other growth? My algae growth at the onset of my current grow was the cause of my pH issues. H2O2'd it, flushed, changed rez and it's been smooth sailing since then.

I did the dark period pre-harvest last grow. Not sure if it really made a difference, but I save a couple bucks on electricity.

Steve, I was exaggerating a little. :)

I do check every two days. I am having to adjust PH down pretty regularly, but this is pretty normal with the smaller res (only 2 gallons) and for the plants just getting their roots in the water.

I transplanted them from hempys 6 days ago, and my experience with the Waterfarms is that once they get a good amount of roots in the res, I have to adjust the PH much less. (Root pics are coming soon!).

The PH would be much more stable, of course, with a 30 gallon res, but with the 2 gallon res's, it can fluctuate much more rapidly.

QUICK PIC UPDATE

It's been just over 24 hours of dark for the PE in flower, and boy does it smell fantastic in the grow room! :yummy:

The odor control is working overtime!!!

I gave the two PE clones in veg a real good trimming today to help airflow at the bottom, and at the top to open up the light to other bud sites.

Here they are after the trim:

DSCN02703.JPG

DSCN02713.JPG

DSCN02722.JPG

One point that worthy to note is that, if you recall, I did not have an airstone in one of the waterfarm res's (I plan on adding it tomorrow). It's the plant on the right side in the above pics that has the airstone, and you can see some more vigorous growth.

So, it's been 5-6 days that they've been in the waterfarms, one with and one without the airstone in the res, and I figured I check the roots.

Here are the roots on the waterfarm WITHOUT the airstone:

DSCN02736.JPG

And, here's the roots on the waterfarm WITH the airstone:

DSCN02746.JPG

CONCLUSION: Put an airstone in the res!!!! :)

I am having to adjust PH down pretty regularly, but this is pretty normal with the smaller res

I set up a mini-DWC system a couple of years ago with 1 gal buckets. The PH would go up 1.5 every day and Pythium was uncontrollable. The smaller the res the more temperature and PH issues will make you wish you were growing in soil! I believe the conventional wisdom is that 5 gallons of res per plant is what we should shoot for. Stevehman that means you'll probably need to relocate your new pump out to the swimming pool for grow 5.0 :)

I set up a mini-DWC system a couple of years ago with 1 gal buckets. The PH would go up 1.5 every day and Pythium was uncontrollable. The smaller the res the more temperature and PH issues will make you wish you were growing in soil! I believe the conventional wisdom is that 5 gallons of res per plant is what we should shoot for. Stevehman that means you'll probably need to relocate your new pump out to the swimming pool for grow 5.0 :)

TOOOO funny, :rofl::rofl::rofl::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:the comment on stevehmans grow 5.0 needing a swimming pool for a res! ROTFLMAO! I am so tickled because I think he has about the BEST recirc/dwc/? automatic system I've ever seen, and his results can NOT be denied!!! I've NEVER seen SO many gorgeous plants, grown so easily, so quickly ( clones to flowering- freakin GENIUS!!!) and he claims so little problems/ maitenance, so it is my DREAM system! I wanted to build that system after my 1st grow, but had some un-forseen financial issues this summer that broke me....But I WILL build it, sometime in the future...who knows? My future clones from my Emerald Jack could be the first plants I put in my own stevehman system!

OH! Sorry! By the way, your pics always looked awesome to me, but yeah!!! the new camera and extra Megapixels really do show! Those trich shots are shameless dude! I mean, I've never SEEN trichs that fat, tall, and HUGE!!! I mean, it was like looking at a trich monster!!! lol but seriously! Its just solid trichs!!! Thats what I'm going for....My vape is making the schwag I have to use still, make me feel much much better, so I will gladly wait till Christmas for the girl to grow out to her fullest capacity! I want trichs like you got! I do have some on my girl, but not NEAR as many! And I have a 10 megapix camera too, a Casio Exilim that takes GREAT shots!!! But I can't figure out how to upload the pics properly from the damn camera to access in my laptop...sounds stupid, huh? I can't figure it out at all....But my Blackberry seems to suffice for now....oh well...maybe someday we will figure out how to upload the better camera pics and then you all can see my babies for how gorgeous they really are!

Again, super nice Mr Krip! Congrats on the continued successes and thanks for being a wonderful mentor...

@RVG,
I will have to do a quick down-and-dirty DIY thread on the system I built. I don't know if I will have time to do it before I harvest the current grow, but I will get it up there. I may need to do a few different DIY threads (Maybe 420 will give me a Steve-the-tool-man DIY thread)

OH! Sorry! By the way, your pics always looked awesome to me, but yeah!!! the new camera and extra Megapixels really do show! Those trich shots are shameless dude! I mean, I've never SEEN trichs that fat, tall, and HUGE!!! I mean, it was like looking at a trich monster!!! lol but seriously! Its just solid trichs!!! Thats what I'm going for....My vape is making the schwag I have to use still, make me feel much much better, so I will gladly wait till Christmas for the girl to grow out to her fullest capacity! I want trichs like you got! I do have some on my girl, but not NEAR as many! And I have a 10 megapix camera too, a Casio Exilim that takes GREAT shots!!! But I can't figure out how to upload the pics properly from the damn camera to access in my laptop...sounds stupid, huh? I can't figure it out at all....But my Blackberry seems to suffice for now....oh well...maybe someday we will figure out how to upload the better camera pics and then you all can see my babies for how gorgeous they really are!

Again, super nice Mr Krip! Congrats on the continued successes and thanks for being a wonderful mentor...

Thank you for all the good words, RVG! :thanks:

As far as trichome production, put some Emerald Triangle SnowStorm Ultra (SSU) on your wishlist. I know money is tight, but you can pick up a small bottle for less than $10 that will last you for dozens of grows if you use it only as a foliar, and it's "the cat's meow" for trichome production.

PINEAPPLE EXPRESS MOM HARVEST DAY!

After about 45 hours of dark, I harvested the PE this morning. This is definately the best harvest yet in terms of quality. We'll see how the final yield looks, but I'm guessing something like 1.5-2.0 oz. dried.

She smells absolutely fantastic, and I'm sitting here absolutely wasted from 2 hits of scissors hash!

Here she is before the chop:

DSCN02773.JPG

She was looking great and her buds were definately swelled and looking ready:

DSCN02756.JPG

DSCN02794.JPG

And, her buds are just covered in trichs!!!

DSCN02786.JPG

DSCN02804.JPG

The nugs are nice & dense and you can see how frosty they are:

DSCN02816.JPG

DSCN02837.JPG

I don't know if all the trichs are from the SSU, the dark period, the pheno, or a combination of multiple issues, but I'm definately gonna try to repeat the results with the clones! :)

Due to the Uncle Ben's Topping, all of her colas had multiple branches making them pretty beefy, although, not that long, so I was only able to hang a few of them in the dry box:

DSCN02852.JPG

The rest of the colas had the buds snipped and are in the dry net:

DSCN02864.JPG

DSCN02885.JPG

DSCN02874.JPG

And here's a nice close-up of the trichs:

t119.jpg

Thanks for everyone's help on this! :thanks:

Happy Harvests!

K

Back
Top Bottom