DNA Lemon Skunk Hempy Grow

heheh gots us all curious now brother. :thumb:

Just trying to make it dramatic...
Here are some pics from last night. I'm giving them full power on Grow Big, mixed with full power Big bloom, and 1 tsp of Cal/mag. I took some lower growth off the LS and tied her down.

DFS 22
before
007384.JPG

after
020123.JPG

Looks like she's gonna enjoy the bondage thing.:thumb:

I'm curious how the Rocklock takes the full nutes. Mine is acting a little fussy, maybe have to give her a separate tray so she won't try to share runoff with her cellmates.

hey sisco, I borrowed this from a post by MynameStitch. It might give you some things to watch for in the coffee can, just in case.

"Iron (Fe) Micro Nutrient and an Immobile element

Iron is an important component of the plants enzyme and is also important for the transportation of electrons while photosynthesis is happening...

Iron reacts with many of the components of nutrient solutions, which will cause a nutrient lockup to occur, If you add to much Iron without adding enough Phosphorus, you can contribute to a phosphorus deficiency , so watch out how much iron and phosphorus your nutrients have. The Leaves on the plant can turn a pale yellow along the growing shoots, while the veins remain dark green. When you have pH imbalance, it can make iron insoluble. The tissue between the veins becomes pale or white, kind of mimics the magnesium deficiency, but not yellow, iron has the white where the yellow would be on the magnesium deficiency. The deficiency starts with the lower and middle leaves, while the new leaves become completely lacking in chlorophyll, but with little or no necrotic spots. The chlorotic mottling on new leaves starts first near the bases of the leaflets, so the middle of the leaf appears to have a yellow mark. Iron is difficult for plants to absorb and moves really slowly in the plant.
Harder for outdoor plants to absorb when in hot weather. Parts affected by the Iron Deficiency are: Young leaves and Petioles.

To much Iron can cause a problem that looks like a PH imbalance, Brown spotting on the top leaves, mainly fan leaves. Can affect the whole plant. Iron Toxicity is rare for Ph below 5.5."

Rust is iron oxide so this probably applies.

I just dried some Lemon Skunk and man am I glad I coned her. I'm impressed with these buds more than I'm impressed by Purple Urkle which says a lot. May just be my favorite taste so far and I've been smoking for 15 years and its still not in its full cure.

You will be thrilled with the outcome!!

Looks like she's gonna enjoy the bondage thing.:thumb:

I'm curious how the Rocklock takes the full nutes. Mine is acting a little fussy, maybe have to give her a separate tray so she won't try to share runoff with her cellmates.

Heya Mmmmick, I should have taken a pic. of RL last night... she is showing a sort of rust on her fan leaves, looks like it is on the upper levels.

I just got back from HD with more perlite so I'll transplant her and my BM tonight as soon as the flower room comes on.

Thanks for the heads up! :cheer:

Hey sisco!

It's prolly cause I'm a little paranoid when it comes to the plants but don't know for sure. Is it safe to have a girl in a rusty coffee can? I was scared to use a wire coat hanger to hold my girls down in fear of it rusting in the soil.

Other than that, everything looks great:bravo: Glad to see this is workin for you.

:peace:
Thanks 52, I listen to any advice and usually I go with what my fellow growers advice. So I'll take her out and put her in a 2.5 next to LS tonight. Many thanks to you my brother, now stop eating and smoking so much (what is too much?) so you can get that report up. :grinjoint:

I agree with firestone Sisco the rust will make your plant sick or not. But for me, is it something I will stay away, afraid of problem in the future grow. You grow look good.
I know, I know... you don't have to yell. lol The fix is coming sooner than later. Thanks for the comments my man.
hey sisco, I borrowed this from a post by MynameStitch. It might give you some things to watch for in the coffee can, just in case.

"Iron (Fe) Micro Nutrient and an Immobile element

Iron is an important component of the plants enzyme and is also important for the transportation of electrons while photosynthesis is happening...

Iron reacts with many of the components of nutrient solutions, which will cause a nutrient lockup to occur, If you add to much Iron without adding enough Phosphorus, you can contribute to a phosphorus deficiency , so watch out how much iron and phosphorus your nutrients have. The Leaves on the plant can turn a pale yellow along the growing shoots, while the veins remain dark green. When you have pH imbalance, it can make iron insoluble. The tissue between the veins becomes pale or white, kind of mimics the magnesium deficiency, but not yellow, iron has the white where the yellow would be on the magnesium deficiency. The deficiency starts with the lower and middle leaves, while the new leaves become completely lacking in chlorophyll, but with little or no necrotic spots. The chlorotic mottling on new leaves starts first near the bases of the leaflets, so the middle of the leaf appears to have a yellow mark. Iron is difficult for plants to absorb and moves really slowly in the plant.
Harder for outdoor plants to absorb when in hot weather. Parts affected by the Iron Deficiency are: Young leaves and Petioles.

To much Iron can cause a problem that looks like a PH imbalance, Brown spotting on the top leaves, mainly fan leaves. Can affect the whole plant. Iron Toxicity is rare for Ph below 5.5."

Rust is iron oxide so this probably applies.
Well, I'm not going to argue with such information. I guess my cheap ass wasn't thinking about rust. I just hope BM is a female after all this trouble.
I just dried some Lemon Skunk and man am I glad I coned her. I'm impressed with these buds more than I'm impressed by Purple Urkle which says a lot. May just be my favorite taste so far and I've been smoking for 15 years and its still not in its full cure.

You will be thrilled with the outcome!!
Hello herbsnbuds, thanks for dropping in and for that enticing report.

I forgot to say that the 4 lowest branches that I cut off of her are in pellets since the day before yesterday.

I'm going to be taking another 2 by next weekend. I can't say I have ever smoked LS because the baggies I used to get would never say what kind of skunk it was... I can't wait!

sisco,
i take clones and flower the mother all the time....that way they take up less space, and i have them to pop in the budroom....also if i decide i don't want to grow it, i just flower them all out....
they look terrific....go team....L:bravo:

Lavendar
I am so sorry! I just went back to compare my plant sizes and saw this post.

I'll flower my moms if I have good clones to replace them, thanks for your comment. Sorry I haven't been around your journal in a while. I'll have to drop in more often.

Thanks again.

23 DFS
BM (day 2 flower)

0798.JPG

LS (day 2 flower)
0788.JPG

Bubblelicious

07112.JPG

Papaya
0688.JPG

White widow

06710.JPG

Northern lights
0669.JPG

Rock lock
06125.JPG

Rust spots on RL
06216.JPG

LS clones 2nd day
0708.JPG

That is where this things stands

MmmmickI was about to dig the RL out, but it still looks like the spots are not growing or spreading, I see only about half of each leaf has spots.. I'll keep a close eye on it:lot-o-toke:

they look great....keep up the good work....i feel another perpetual growing..and great variety, good choices....keep the one with spots, you never know....hugs, L

they look great....keep up the good work....i feel another perpetual growing..and great variety, good choices....keep the one with spots, you never know....hugs, L
Thanks Lavendar, I fully intend to keep her, just may need to clone her and keep the clones in a seperate container from other strains.
Thanks for dropping in and congrats on all your accomplishments. 30 plants!!!!!!!! :reading420magazine::surrender:
Hey Sisco,
Like I said I'm paranoid! I'm not tryin to create a problem that will cause me stress:ganjamon: So how does a hempy transplant work? I know it's nothing like soil, or is it? I just don't see perlite holding any type of shape or form for transplanting.

:thanks:Thanks Mmmmick for posting that, + reps! In the back of my mind I think I already knew that information! When I switched to RO water I didn't realize that I had stripped their cal/mag and experienced interveinal chlorosis, I also had a little necrosis on the leaves. I researched Iron but dismissed it as a problem since the leaves affected were mid and upper leaves. Shortly after I learned of my mistake and was able to fix it,Cal/Mag FTW! It's still nice to know that a Iron problem can look like something else and vice versa!

The perlite hangs on bro, just don't shake it too much, set her in gently and back fill with new perlite. Always wet the medium you are going transplant into with ph'd water and after back filling. I don't see any shock at all, may be cause they get oxygen right away.

Hey Sisco where did all the new plants come from? Is that your surprise or did I miss something?

Are you still in a 3x3x3 growspace?

They look great, :welldone:
They are all the same ones I had, You forget I have a flower chamber? It's 3' l x 3' W x 4' H. The LS and MB is up there, while the 5 in veg. chamber are now sharing space with 4 LS clones. :ganjamon:
08311.JPG

FIRST! :)

:bravo:

Looking great sisco. I got my one gal still rocking the hempy. She's still in veg but she's looking real happy! Great game plan and it looks like I'm just in time for flower and a surprise! Bonus..:)

Doing a drive bye. Hey did you break in and steal my chicken tray cloner? They work great for afew don't they? Like your little graden there dude. Best of luck and I'll drive bye here and there. Keepem Green

FIRST! :)

:bravo:

Looking great sisco. I got my one gal still rocking the hempy. She's still in veg but she's looking real happy! Great game plan and it looks like I'm just in time for flower and a surprise! Bonus..:)
Hey Hey Hey! My brotha from anotha motha :ganjamon: Cool to see you around my little grow journal man. Sure like to see that girl of yours (plant) lol.

Yeah, I have a surprise for all of you... It's just getting shipped but one part of the thing is out of stock and will be getting to me later.

Kay here is a hint..
It's bigger than a bread box and smaller than a house. That's all you'll get from me. :peace::peace::peace:
Doing a drive bye. Hey did you break in and steal my chicken tray cloner? They work great for afew don't they? Like your little graden there dude. Best of luck and I'll drive bye here and there. Keepem Green

Hey Norcaliwood, Drive bye's in my old neighborhood used to be a bad thing.. lol

Yeah, I saw you weren't using the chicken tray so I borrowed it. I'll put it back where I found it when I'm all done with it.

Thanks for dropping in and checking out the grow, I'm using a piece of advice I got from you. Hope it works or else I'm keeping the tray. :lot-o-toke:

MmmmickI was about to dig the RL out, but it still looks like the spots are not growing or spreading, I see only about half of each leaf has spots.. I'll keep a close eye on it:lot-o-toke:
Looks like you've got things dialled, sisco. Happy girls are the best kind.

My Rocklock did the rust spot bit on a few leaves also. I think it was because I wasn't using cal/mag every time I watered.(RO) I haven't seen any further issues since stepping up to cal/mag every time. I use 2 ml per gallon.

@Firestone, you're welcome, I just passed the info from somebody that seems to know their stuff. Thanks for the rep.

Back
Top Bottom