Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Huge thanks to doc for letting me torture him the last few days over a order I was placing. Doc still working hard through this bullshit and still getting orders sent off. Now just to hope the bastards at the border work just as hard lol. But it is what it is and is on its way. Cheers all
I second this. Thanks Doc for all your work, very appreciated.

Excellent... I would love my drying room to look like that... will go look at your journal.
You are welcome on my journal any time JKB

Huge thanks to doc for letting me torture him the last few days over a order I was placing. Doc still working hard through this bullshit and still getting orders sent off. Now just to hope the bastards at the border work just as hard lol. But it is what it is and is on its way. Cheers all

It's no problem! Just all the bullshit required to ship a package over a border and avoid customs crap.....nothing I'm not used to!

Amazon on the other hand......

Couple of questions for brixers. I've seen where it said that extended veg is not good with the kit. In my system my veg time is around 75 days. Am I going to run into problems vegging that long? Since I've got 200 gals of cooked soil I'm thinking of having a grow outside of three to four plants. How big should my pots be? Obviously weather comes into play. Do I still follow the same feeding schedule? Should I build some sort of cover over my pot to keep rain off of the dirt? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey JKB! Plenty of us do extended veg but you'll need big pots and sometimes people do more than 1 recharge. Always follow the schedule which is alternate drenches with 1 or 2 waters in between, I think most only do 1 water. So trans>Water>GE>water repeat. Cats are 2 in a row with no water in between.

I cannot speak to the rain but don't think you need to cover. Hopefully someone will chime in.

Do you have a journal for this grow?

I've held plants in veg for well over 12 weeks in 1 gal pots. It can be tricky, but just keep an eye on them because if they shift, they'll do it quick in later weeks. I usually do my veg cycle like this trans>trans/water>GE>GE>trans/water

Obviously I'm just doing back to back GE drenches and usually ad weak trans to the water drenches. The only time I really add straight water is when I have one moving a little faster and drinking more than the others. In that case I'll give straight water to hold it over until next drench.

Couple of questions for brixers. I've seen where it said that extended veg is not good with the kit. In my system my veg time is around 75 days. Am I going to run into problems vegging that long? Since I've got 200 gals of cooked soil I'm thinking of having a grow outside of three to four plants. How big should my pots be? Obviously weather comes into play. Do I still follow the same feeding schedule? Should I build some sort of cover over my pot to keep rain off of the dirt? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The kit doesn't have enough stuff in it to have extended veg times for 6 plants. If you're wanting to do that sort of thing, you'll simply want to get quarts of stuff....not an issue.

There's nothing wrong with long veg times...just that people who buy the kit can't do it without running out of product.

Most of my plants veg a good 2-3 months before I flip them. They will be perfectly fine vegging for that length. You'll probably want to get bigger bottles though. But if you've got 200 gallons of soil cooking, you probably already have them.

I've kept a cut in veg for a year before I flipped it. I did repot it in fresh soil part of the way through as the soil had ran out of juice. It's possible to keep plants for a long time if you do things right.

As for outdoors, I only check on my plants once a week as they are a gorilla grow. I feed them Trans one week, and GE the next. I just considered rain an extra watering. And the plants really seem to like fresh rain water. Probably all three oxygen in it. I do put mine into the ground though, so you may need to water more often if you're in pots.

As for pot sizes, normally the bigger the better. That being said, you don't want to waste a bunch of soil. The principle is that you want the root system to grow out into all of the medium. When you harvest you should be able to pop out your soil and have it keep shape like a jello mold.

Sup gang, hope all is doing ok and staying safe.

Recently i bought myself some more promix and ewc . Bout to place an order on some recharge and 1st run amendments :) I have to get the soil cookin soon as i can and have it ready for next batch of plants.

20200401_195529.jpg

Thanks Doc for doing what you do. I am thankful to be enjoying some high brix buds from last year harvest in Nov. It’s been six months in the jars, they smoke awesome!

Sup gang, hope all is doing ok and staying safe.

Recently i bought myself some more promix and ewc . Bout to place an order on some recharge and 1st run amendments :) I have to get the soil cookin soon as i can and have it ready for next batch of plants.

20200401_195529.jpg

Thanks Doc for doing what you do. I am thankful to be enjoying some high brix buds from last year harvest in Nov. It’s been six months in the jars, they smoke awesome!

By the looks of that you might want some gallon bottles of transplant and gi as well.

Couple questions for you guys this morning.

I have a plant that is constantly having yellowing of lower leaves. We are still in veg. About 2 months in. In a 2.5gal pot. All 4 have soil from same bin with just the one losing leaves. Strength of my drenches are about 15ml per gallon. Environment isn’t perfect but is on par for what I can get this time of year. I have struggled with gnats this grow as well and still have some. Just listing all that Incase it’s pertinent info. Question is what would causeyellowing and loss of leaves in veg. Beenlosing them steadily through most of veg.

Second question. When I remove some of the completely yellow ones, previously healthy looking leaves begin to yellow. The ones I remove will easily pluck off. If they don’t they stay most of the time. Would it be better practice to leave the yellow ones on the plant until they are completely dead and crispy or to continue removing them once they are completely yellow?

Back
Top Bottom