Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Doc, can one pony some dissolved Epsoms with Brix, DeStress?

Good question. Generally, I'd say no.

You can, however, add WayAhead10x which has magnesium and other good micro's.

The problem with adding Epsoms to one of our foliars is that it's going to change the pH, it "could" react with another ingredient and most of all it tends to flush in reverse which can be useful in the case of nitrogen overload.....but in that case we wouldn't mix epsoms with DeStress, we'd spray it straight.

The foliar sprays we use are pretty well designed and don't mess with 'em except as directed.

I'm going to be chopping a couple plants today and was planing on drying them in my cold room. The temperature has been sitting at 59-60F with 40% Rh. (I can run a heater and humidifier if needed) Just wondering if that's going to be to cold or too dry? The last time I hung everything in my spare tent but found it dried to quickly and wasn't as smooth as I would have liked. Cheers :Rasta:

I'm going to be chopping a couple plants today and was planing on drying them in my cold room. The temperature has been sitting at 59-60F with 40% Rh. (I can run a heater and humidifier if needed) Just wondering if that's going to be to cold or too dry? The last time I hung everything in my spare tent but found it dried to quickly and wasn't as smooth as I would have liked. Cheers :Rasta:

Snoop, I have been drying at lower temps than that, 45-50F; 40-45% rH 5-7 days its great!! I just dried some Critical Cheese this way.

Doc, has anyone grew or fed orchids with the kit? Just Curious...if one was to, what the protocol would be?
medium is very airy..

...and No, Im not thinking of trying it on MrsZiggy's VDay plants( the 'doghouse' is cold and lonely these daZe)or
even considering trying to cross an orchid with mmj (for those that think i would) :rofl:

Doc I am looking over the invoice for the last shipment. The one gifted by my guardian angel whom I will thank here again! On the invoice it says no more transplant water. I take that to mean not adding 1/4 transplant to each watering but still to do the transplant drench?

By the way I got my first batch of new soil cooking and need to work on the second batch. Just gotta go to homie de Pot and get some new bins! Whomever was the guardian angel that set me up so well I still think of this gesture every day and when I am in a position to do so will surely pay it forward. I am still amazed by that show of generosity and it has got me thinking of the good I can do for others.

Doc I am looking over the invoice for the last shipment. The one gifted by my guardian angel whom I will thank here again! On the invoice it says no more transplant water. I take that to mean not adding 1/4 transplant to each watering but still to do the transplant drench?

By the way I got my first batch of new soil cooking and need to work on the second batch. Just gotta go to homie de Pot and get some new bins! Whomever was the guardian angel that set me up so well I still think of this gesture every day and when I am in a position to do so will surely pay it forward. I am still amazed by that show of generosity and it has got me thinking of the good I can do for others.

Shiggity, Im not certain about the 1/4 transplant to watering, but I think that applies to watering seeds and transplanting/upcanning- the newest Roots! doesn't need it. :)

It looks like your Giving Angel 'planted a seed' :)..to grow 'The Giving Tree' :high-five:

Man I must have missed that if it was in my last shipment. I didn't read my invoice though. In for the answer.

if my first run soil(already used) has been sitting a while, in a bin, with no water added, should I do anything to it other than just add amendment and water? it's super dry and has sat for a couple months.

and the WA10x is used every brix foliar for the frankenstien plants or should I try it on all plants?

I'm pretty sure the "no more Transplant water" refers to the first cook, when you water it in with Trans/water? :hmmmm: We're all still watering between drenches with 1/4 Transplant in the water.

if my first run soil(already used) has been sitting a while, in a bin, with no water added, should I do anything to it other than just add amendment and water? it's super dry and has sat for a couple months.

and the WA10x is used every brix foliar for the frankenstien plants or should I try it on all plants?

I'd give the entire bin a drench of Trans/Tea in the water. Once you get that soil well soaked and warmed up the biota will start to go back to work. The Tea and some Trans will help wake 'em up. Many of us toss a handful of Roots over the top, too, before we mix the water in - Roots and Transplant are formulated to work with each other. I'd advise you to go a little heavy on the water. You don't want it gloppy, but good and moist, not just damp. The biota like that better.

I've reconstituted many old bins of soil that way. A few days after you work everything in and turn the soil, toss some fresh leaf trim in there and see how long it takes to get digested. In my active bins, they'll evaporate within a week, usually.

Doc, has anyone grew or fed orchids with the kit? Just Curious...if one was to, what the protocol would be?
medium is very airy..

...and No, Im not thinking of trying it on MrsZiggy's VDay plants( the 'doghouse' is cold and lonely these daZe)or
even considering trying to cross an orchid with mmj (for those that think i would) :rofl:

I don't carry the products that are used on ornamentals, but yes, there are products designed for flowers! Trust me, the "food" protocol works much better for our purposes.

Please disregard that. Earlier versions of the kit contained a different version of Roots! that required "Transplant Water" when transplanting. The new version of Roots! contains things that make that step unnecessary.

Follow the recent directions linked to in my signature below.

Im wondering, (after trying some thought provoking awesome Critical Cheese blended w Purple Malawi), that there are 'invisible' or 'undetectable by humans' terps and terpenoids..
Every sense we have has a range, a visible spectrum,
Light? we see a fraction of the light spectrum..
Sound? we hear a fraction of the sound spectrum
Taste? same -limited taste..
Touch? -limited
Smell? probably the same..
Lets say you place ripe fruit/other flowers like roses in proximity to blooming herb to supply 'base' terpenoids which gets used to make terps for those plants sharing the space..

Youre thinking probably, "Ziggs, dont recharge your Crafty vape for a few daZe and give that 'mad mind' of yours a break".

maybe, Im not 'mad' :rofl:

I don't see those "base terps" getting absorbed by the plant but I bet the plants do communicate with each other this way. As far as scentless terps I think it is going to be the olfactory sensitivity that will determine what is being detected by the smeller. A dog will notice much more of a bounty of terps from the same plants than we will. There are also people who have a much more advanced sense of smell. These are the people that make great perfumists or wine tasters. But there surely can be scentless molecules given off by the plant. I don't know if they would be terpenes. But I am sure cannabis has pheromones like we do.

Back
Top Bottom