Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Doc, seems like you mentioned before that purple stems, etc. may indicate something's wrong - unless it's a "true purple strain." My jilly beans are bright green all around, but the Girl Scout Cookie is purple from head to toe. Everything - soil, nuts, environment is the same. Do you know if GSC is one of those true purple strains? Not sure how good the image is, but I've attached a pic.
Screen_Shot_2014-04-26_at_10_35_17_AM.png

Doc, seems like you mentioned before that purple stems, etc. may indicate something's wrong - unless it's a "true purple strain." My jilly beans are bright green all around, but the Girl Scout Cookie is purple from head to toe. Everything - soil, nuts, environment is the same. Do you know if GSC is one of those true purple strains? Not sure how good the image is, but I've attached a pic.
Screen_Shot_2014-04-26_at_10_35_17_AM.png

No....it's not a purple strain, but it is a salt loving, frankenstrain. GSC for me, was not a good strain in High Brix. It seems to like nutrients shoved down her throat! I took it out of my rotation. I never got the results I was hoping for.

No....it's not a purple strain, but it is a salt loving, frankenstrain. GSC for me, was not a good strain in High Brix. It seems to like nutrients shoved down her throat! I took it out of my rotation. I never got the results I was hoping for.

Doesn't GSC have F1 Durban in it? and F1 Durban has Purple Champagne x Durban as one of the counterparts, wouldn't this make GSC having possible purple traits? both durban and purple Champagne?

DSC092471.JPG
DSC092141.JPG
My thin mints cut always turns purple mid to late flowering. As my understanding "F1 durban" is not the F1 breed of durban, but a strain called F1 Durban, which is a purple Champagne x Durban

Very crappy yielding plant, when all my other plants grown the same way pull 3-5oz per plant, I'm lucky to get 1-2 oz off my GSC...but the quality!!! Whoa...whole nother story!! One of my favorites right now that I have grown :) very very strong, frosty, stanky, and tasty :)

Doesn't GSC have F1 Durban in it? and F1 Durban has Purple Champagne x Durban as one of the counterparts, wouldn't this make GSC having possible purple traits? both durban and purple Champagne?

DSC092471.JPG
DSC092141.JPG
My thin mints cut always turns purple mid to late flowering. As my understanding "F1 durban" is not the F1 breed of durban, but a strain called F1 Durban, which is a purple Champagne x Durban

Very crappy yielding plant, when all my other plants grown the same way pull 3-5oz per plant, I'm lucky to get 1-2 oz off my GSC...but the quality!!! Whoa...whole nother story!! One of my favorites right now that I have grown :) very very strong, frosty, stanky, and tasty :)

Thats a nice one Ice! Mine did best in the OG soil, but still an underperforming strain compared to others I grow.

Doc, a question about OGs, if I may?

I have a plant in 6-5-3 mineralized and OC+ with occasional T and J tea. It's doing absolutely stellar, and almost has a more dank quality to it than when I grew in high brix. I'm assuming this is a strain that would benefit from some guano and bonemeal.

Does OC+ give OG a better "OG" smell/taste than regular kit soil? Which would you rather grow your OGs in?

I got some OG crosses coming soon and will be searching for a keeper. Will growing these out in regular kit soil make choosing a keeper difficult? I could see it going either way; I'll throw out an underperforming salt lover that could have been pure fire with the addition of some guano, or, on the other hand, I could find a special pheno that does great in kit soil.

My choices would be

1 - grow in regular kit soil, take cuts and flower those out in OC+, smoke both and go from there

2 - grow in OC+, find a keeper and grow that in dumbed down kit soil

3 - grow them out in dumbed down soil and never really find out if it could have gone better without the guano/bonemeal, but likely grow the best crop of all three options.

WWDD?
What Would Doc Do?

LOL thanks bro

Doc, a question about OGs, if I may?

I have a plant in 6-5-3 mineralized and OC+ with occasional T and J tea. It's doing absolutely stellar, and almost has a more dank quality to it than when I grew in high brix. I'm assuming this is a strain that would benefit from some guano and bonemeal.

Does OC+ give OG a better "OG" smell/taste than regular kit soil? Which would you rather grow your OGs in?

I got some OG crosses coming soon and will be searching for a keeper. Will growing these out in regular kit soil make choosing a keeper difficult? I could see it going either way; I'll throw out an underperforming salt lover that could have been pure fire with the addition of some guano, or, on the other hand, I could find a special pheno that does great in kit soil.

My choices would be

1 - grow in regular kit soil, take cuts and flower those out in OC+, smoke both and go from there

2 - grow in OC+, find a keeper and grow that in dumbed down kit soil

3 - grow them out in dumbed down soil and never really find out if it could have gone better without the guano/bonemeal, but likely grow the best crop of all three options.

WWDD?
What Would Doc Do?

LOL thanks bro

I think you should go for the OC+ version for an OG. Go really light on it and keep the soil alive and I think you'd have a really nice crop. That would be very interesting for sure.

I'm really liking my Tahoe OG. I've done it with some guano added and some bonemeal added, next time I'm going to split the difference.

This new AFghan is probably going to replace OG in the garden. It takes to the high brix soil like nothing I've ever seen Gonna be stellar smoke.

For me, I want a strain that thrives in organic, high brix soil. It's going to produce better weed than most of the hybrids. But variety is the spice of life, so once in a while you gotta have some OG!

I think you should go for the OC+ version for an OG. Go really light on it and keep the soil alive and I think you'd have a really nice crop. That would be very interesting for sure.

I'm really liking my Tahoe OG. I've done it with some guano added and some bonemeal added, next time I'm going to split the difference.

This new AFghan is probably going to replace OG in the garden. It takes to the high brix soil like nothing I've ever seen Gonna be stellar smoke.

For me, I want a strain that thrives in organic, high brix soil. It's going to produce better weed than most of the hybrids. But variety is the spice of life, so once in a while you gotta have some OG!

Right on doc mahalo. I'm on the search for some landrace indicas as well. Afghan or Pakistani kush would be ideal but I've seen some Moroccan strains that look pretty good as well.

Thanks again!

Thats a nice one Ice! Mine did best in the OG soil, but still an underperforming strain compared to others I grow.

Damn, getting a compliment from you Doc like gave me a huge smile!! I honestly scrogged them out this run to see if I can get more yield, definitely worked, but still nothing to be like damn!! lol I'm working on making feminized seeds of all my strains I like, narrowing down what I have as plants, and then comes the fun part as I try breeding. Id love to breed the GSC with something known to get big and frosty, and hope for those traits :) long way in the future still :)

Thanks for the compliments, hope you don't mind me sharing a pic :ganjamon: I always watch your journals for inspiration on how my plants need to look :) not their yet though..lol

Mornin Doc ,and gang! Got an idea ! Doc ,let me know what ya think . Since i only have two MK Ultra's this time round, i may try something .These "Rootbuilder 2" pots i use can be put together to form any size pot up to as big as you want ...just have to make a bigger bottom for the pot! Know what i mean? You can use as many pieces (pots) as you want. I was thinking of putting two together to make a 13 or 14 gal pot , so i would use 4 pots to make two! I was going to try this so it would allow me to grow much bigger plants before flipping them:)My problem with only doing two is it doesn't give me enough to last till the next round:(The original reason for only doing two during late spring ,summer ,is of course a HEAT issue! That problem will soon be one of the past because my "Budmaster 2 675xg is on it's way!!!:):)With this added light i can grow two monsters here Doc! Bigger pots would be filled with "kit" soil of course! They are still moving right along in their 1 gal pots right now.What ya think Doc ? Cheers.

Mornin Doc ,and gang! Got an idea ! Doc ,let me know what ya think . Since i only have two MK Ultra's this time round, i may try something .These "Rootbuilder 2" pots i use can be put together to form any size pot up to as big as you want ...just have to make a bigger bottom for the pot! Know what i mean? You can use as many pieces (pots) as you want. I was thinking of putting two together to make a 13 or 14 gal pot , so i would use 4 pots to make two! I was going to try this so it would allow me to grow much bigger plants before flipping them:)My problem with only doing two is it doesn't give me enough to last till the next round:(The original reason for only doing two during late spring ,summer ,is of course a HEAT issue! That problem will soon be one of the past because my "Budmaster 2 675xg is on it's way!!!:):)With this added light i can grow two monsters here Doc! Bigger pots would be filled with "kit" soil of course! They are still moving right along in their 1 gal pots right now.What ya think Doc ? Cheers.

Large pots full of high brix soil makes me smile....I think you're gonna be real happy!

Ya man!! I just have to figure out what to make the larger "bottoms" out of?Cheers.

Do you have access to 1/4inch-1/2inch wire mesh and gardening cloth aka weed barrier?
You can make a base with wire to conform to shape and size of pot, and use cloth to hold in soil. The garden cloth breathes very well and will allow drainage and air on bottom.

Do you have access to 1/4inch-1/2inch wire mesh and gardening cloth aka weed barrier?
You can make a base with wire to conform to shape and size of pot, and use cloth to hold in soil. The garden cloth breathes very well and will allow drainage and air on bottom.

Hey Zig...fu....eh man, that sounds like it would work, for sure! Great idea, and thanks...i'l have a Stella for ya:) I love this place! That will let me take advantage of all that light the budmaster will put out. Cheers Zig!

Smoked the Purple Cadillac today.

That's Blackberry x Purple Urkle. Final weight for the one plant was 3oz and 10 grams. I'll take some pics of the nugs tomorrow. They're really pretty and have that super cool purple smell.

It's very, very potent and in a much more Sativa way than I had ever expected. Kinda mind-trips ya a bit, makes you feel cooped up, slightly edgy.....until you get outside in the sunshine or better yet, under the starlight. You need to get moving and be in an environment where you don't have to talk much, have time to think, and do both while moving, preferably on your two feet, but a long car ride would work too. Backpacker's weed is what this is.

I'll take some pics tomorrow.

The veg room has never looked better, I've got some Jack Herer from seed, Willie Nelson from seed that I have cloned, Purple Caddy, Lemon Paki, Champagne and OG in there too. Also nursing some GDP, Grape Ape, Blueberry, Afgooey clones that my helper dropped off after his trip to Harborside. His entire first crop ever is on the shelves as we speak. 20% THC rating. Not bad for a first grow!

Pics tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom