Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey there Boogs, you have a volcano,...but it's broke? I don't want one then.:tokin: Why is it broke, what happened? From what i've read so far, they're supposed to be the best. Also very pricey .Thanks for this Boogs,

hey Doc, your Columbians are holding themselves up pretty good, very impressive. How long will they have gone from bloom start Doc when you chop em? Thanks and cheers all.:thumb:
a friend broke it from using it wrong one night, otherwise they seem super high quality.

So those two giant colombians have very little in the way of staking or support. One has a single stake, the other has two. The main colas are unsuported. The stems are very strong. They'll each yield a tad over 5 oz apiece.

You've done it again, Doc. Wow! From my point of view those are a new personal best for you. :bravo:

I think it's partly the LEDs. Your buds are denser and frostier, period. And they were pretty darned dense and frosty before! :laugh:

Hope you don't mind, Doc; I wanna show off a bit.. I thought the flash would really show the trichs but this plant looks amazing in real life; sorry about the sideways, I keep forgetting about that.
AK49 Auto in soil (coco 35%, perlite about 20-30%, compost, previously mentioned amendments); in homemade air-pot about 20Lt, under 30% shade cloth outdoors southern hemisphere.
No amber yet but these don't get many ambers (for me); plenty of cloudy, she's fattening and slowing and will be chopped in 1-3 weeks.
She wont yield much (last one was about 20 grams) but the smoke will be good. Smells sweet/diesel exhausty; got a very unpleasant undertone to the aroma. Last one was the same but I can't be trusted with smells thanks to 30+ years of cigarettes.. Yes, Yes; it's on the NY Resolution list, this year for sure!

Ak49_auto02_1_.jpg

Actually these photos do it no justice.. I will get a couple of better photos before I cut. It's a very nice looking plant, laden with crystal, main cola almost the thickness of a soft drink can...

Ak49_auto01_1_.jpg

It's funny cos this is one of the few plants (as well as a BF LSD) that haven't had major pest issues. Lots of grasshoppers and caterpillars this year but no probs for this plant. Very happy plant..
Were it not for you, Doc, and maybe SweetSue and a couple of others, I would no nothing about the importance of gypsum (here it is just a clay-breaker), rock dust (barely known here), EWC and foliars, etc etc so thanks to you and your "Brixers". Awesome info well shared..

I use both, now also the WayAhead10x, throughout the grow. Less Destress more Brix feedings as we get to the end. My smaller pots stress my plants more than a bigger pot...YMMV especially if you dont drive what Ziggy drives! :rofl:

I've been using the WayAhead10x for a couple months now. The original instructions were to use in the first couple weeks of bloom then that changed to in conjunction with the CAT. I never do full strength brix sprays (1/2 strength twice a week) and I seem to have stopped torturing my leaves as much. I've tried to "burn" my plants with ever increasing feedings of transplant and growth, however even though I've hit twice the recommended dosages, I haven't burned 1 plant, not even the 100% landraces. Now give me a spray bottle with full strength brix or especially destress and I will burn the shit out of them. I spray 1st thing in the morning right after lights on and always aim for the underside of the leaves. I don't use destress as much anymore unless there is a problem or on clones.
I use an 8 oz spray bottle and mix 4ml brix to 1ml way ahead every other week (2, 1/2 strength doses a week). To clarify I use the wayahead every other week and brix every week. I don't mix 2 different batches, so when I do this mix ALL my plants get it, even veg. What I have noticed is much less fade on the longer flower strains, green petioles not just on the bottom in veg and in flower and very few red lines up the lower part of the stems. So far I have seen nothing but good results from the wayahead.

I've been using the WayAhead10x for a couple months now. The original instructions were to use in the first couple weeks of bloom then that changed to in conjunction with the CAT. I never do full strength brix sprays (1/2 strength twice a week) and I seem to have stopped torturing my leaves as much. I've tried to "burn" my plants with ever increasing feedings of transplant and growth, however even though I've hit twice the recommended dosages, I haven't burned 1 plant, not even the 100% landraces. Now give me a spray bottle with full strength brix or especially destress and I will burn the shit out of them. I spray 1st thing in the morning right after lights on and always aim for the underside of the leaves. I don't use destress as much anymore unless there is a problem or on clones.
I use an 8 oz spray bottle and mix 4ml brix to 1ml way ahead every other week (2, 1/2 strength doses a week). To clarify I use the wayahead every other week and brix every week. I don't mix 2 different batches, so when I do this mix ALL my plants get it, even veg. What I have noticed is much less fade on the longer flower strains, green petioles not just on the bottom in veg and in flower and very few red lines up the lower part of the stems. So far I have seen nothing but good results from the wayahead.

Hey neiko great info.....are u ever increasing the tea amount? Or just when u need a super drench or something? U always give a 1 ml? Thanks dude your vegging plants do look f***ing awesome......:high-five:

WOW Doc! Those plants indeed look different...better-different. Impressed.

Here's my flower tray just flipped 3 days ago, so no flowers yet, but these plants have had only 1 ultra-light brix feeding at the time these pics were taken...

group_shot_2_5_16.jpg

Lani1_2_5_16.jpg

Lani3_2_5_16.jpg

The fan leaves are leathery and shiny and they seem to have thrived on virtually no brix sprays...but I hit them again yesterday so will see the next few days how they look.

:cool:

Beautiful, Gov!!! :circle-of-love:

image36091.jpg

Hoping this pic comes through.
Noticed white spots, and some orangish spots. They have received 1 GE watering, and 1 round of sprays, 26 days old. Some were accidentally given heavy GE, hoping that is part of the problem.

Hey duggan have a look at the AroMed. I don't have one, but I am lusting...
No bad reviews, and it looks like it was on Star Trek!
Built-in water filter.......

AroMed Vaporizer

Mornin Santb....thanks for the link on the vaps brotha! I checked it out....it looks very very good . I also checked out a few others from Toronto Vape and i think i'm gonna get the VapirRise unit at 250 bones Canadian. it looks very well made , has alot of options for use and is made with alot of the same quality parts as the Volcano! it looks very clean, simple and very easy to use along with alot of great reviews. cheers Gang!

You'll dig it duggan. As far as value/dollar(cn) I would recommend the Vapirise or the Arizer Extreme Q. Of course there's also the Plenty by storz & Bickel if you don't like to bag it and want a great plug-in whip-style.

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom