Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Just amazing growth Doc. I'm amazed and in awe at your skills. HI-Brix is something I want to try next year so I've been researching it abit. And this I read this part in Maximum Yield article "Beneficial microbes have a symbiotic relationship with plants. They attach to the roots, eat the root exudates, and then feed their waste back to the plant in a form that is more readily available. Sunlight plays an important role in a plant’s ability to produce sugars. In fact, harvesting on a cloudy day can result in lower sugar content, and therefore lower brix levels. The benefit of growing indoors is that you have plenty of light. " It got me thinking about sunlight and how that in Flower we use 12/12 lighting. However with what was said about what Sunlight plays an important role.... Would it not be beneficial to leave your light on for 24hrs before the day you harvest to increase the Brix? I am assuming that because sunlight is producing higher levels, if you leave your lights on for 24 hrs the day before you harvest would that not produce a higher sugar content to make any difference ?

Just amazing growth Doc. I'm amazed and in awe at your skills. HI-Brix is something I want to try next year so I've been researching it abit. And this I read this part in Maximum Yield article "Beneficial microbes have a symbiotic relationship with plants. They attach to the roots, eat the root exudates, and then feed their waste back to the plant in a form that is more readily available. Sunlight plays an important role in a plant’s ability to produce sugars. In fact, harvesting on a cloudy day can result in lower sugar content, and therefore lower brix levels. The benefit of growing indoors is that you have plenty of light. " It got me thinking about sunlight and how that in Flower we use 12/12 lighting. However with what was said about what Sunlight plays an important role.... Would it not be beneficial to leave your light on for 24hrs before the day you harvest to increase the Brix? I am assuming that because sunlight is producing higher levels, if you leave your lights on for 24 hrs the day before you harvest would that not produce a higher sugar content to make any difference ?

Plants need light and dark. 24 hours of light will radically mess up the hormones and cause all sorts of trouble.....not a good idea!

As for the microbes....yes. We all know that. However, in High Brix we aren't just affirming the role of microbes, we're making them extremely happy and frisky due to the mineral balance in the soil. They are quite literally on steroids! (not drugs or something un=natural, but due to the mineral content, foliar feeding, etc.)

Hey Doc, thought I'd show off a little of what your microbes have been doing to my meds on day #34 of 12/12:

full

full

Those little buggers have been working over-time and I don't know what you've been paying them, but they deserve a raise! :rofl:

Microbes.....just treat them like dirt and they work, work, work.

Are you happy? I see trichomes here and there......

You know how it works with us growers...If our plants are happy, we're happy. And, these plants sure look happy! :thumb:

As for the trichomes, if you look real close, you can see a few! :rofl:

full

You know how it works with us growers...If our plants are happy, we're happy. And, these plants sure look happy! :thumb:

As for the trichomes, if you look real close, you can see a few! :rofl:

full

Yea i know what u mean i can see a trichome u dropped over there lol. Dam man lookn gud. Those sure do looks tastey. What is tht strain if u dnt mind me askn

Yea i know what u mean i can see a trichome u dropped over there lol. Dam man lookn gud. Those sure do looks tastey. What is tht strain if u dnt mind me askn

Thanks, Brother! Of the three pics, two are Heavyweight Fruit Punch and one is Pyramid's Tut.

Thanks, Brother! Of the three pics, two are Heavyweight Fruit Punch and one is Pyramid's Tut.
Nice ive done a fruit punch auto b4 an tht was some fruity asss shizz lol. But the pyramids tut sounds like it will be a good one specially the way they look congrats.

Also jus wondering about my 2 devils carnival clones in the hb soil are going mighty yellow but they r the only 1s all my other blue cheese are lookn great. Can any1 give me some pointers as what i shud do. I do remember sweetsue sayn this strain does get more yellowish then others but idk if this is 2 yellow or not ive never had them be this yellow this early. An from the looks of things its lookn like they will be gettn more yellow atleast thts how the leaves look. Here they are an here are my bluecheese lookn way better.

These 2 are the bluecheese clones lookn nice an healthy.

High fellow Brixers :ciao:

Can anyone point me to some DBHBB outdoor journals to look through? I haven’t found any myself so far but I could easily be missing them.

Gave my inaugural Cationic Drench today so looking forward to a little frost explosion here too :slide:

:Namaste:

Hi Amy,
DrZiggy had one back in 2016-17, but I could not find it. Morglie also had some outdoor girls that were part of his indoor journal

Nice ive done a fruit punch auto b4 an tht was some fruity asss shizz lol. But the pyramids tut sounds like it will be a good one specially the way they look congrats.

Also jus wondering about my 2 devils carnival clones in the hb soil are going mighty yellow but they r the only 1s all my other blue cheese are lookn great. Can any1 give me some pointers as what i shud do. I do remember sweetsue sayn this strain does get more yellowish then others but idk if this is 2 yellow or not ive never had them be this yellow this early. An from the looks of things its lookn like they will be gettn more yellow atleast thts how the leaves look. Here they are an here are my bluecheese lookn way better.

These 2 are the bluecheese clones lookn nice an healthy.

They'll come around. Do a Rescue Drench if they don't improve in a day or two. Turgor and posture are still good.

So i ended up starting a few clones plus a seedling for my first round instead of only 4 plants at first. Cause my thinking is while these are vegging out i can have time to order another kit and get it cooked b4 i need it. I got 2 weeks 2 go then i can order another kit then it will take 4 weeks to cook. So since i veg for about 2 to 2.5 months normally i feel i will have more then enuf time with to veg these girls and slowly uppot them to make it till my next kit is done an ready then i can do final uppot and put them in there big 10 gal pots then shortly after flip to flower. But yea i jus decided to go all out when one of my seeds didnt germ it was the kilimanjaro freebie bean. So I had to plant a clone to take its space. Thts when i noticed i cudnt keep the clones in the cloner bucket any longer without them gettn unhealthy or root rot. So i got like 2 devils carnival clones and 2 blue cheese clones plus a seed im waiting to pop above ground i jus put her under soil on the 8th. Its an amnesia lemon more of a sativa strain idk if those take longer to pop up versus indicas or not but im excited to do a sativa in the kit. Plus im waiting for some master kush clones to put out some roots then ill be tryn one of tht strain with the kit also. So all in all i got a pretty fun first hibrix run an should end up with some amazing bud. I look at it this way even if i screw up some the end product shud be better then what i normally get an even if it isnt good enuf to keep an smoke the buds then to oil/concentrate she comes lol.

How am I looking here? I will be up potting the back 2 to 1 gallon tomorrow and starting veg. The 2 front are behind because of germination issues. The LSD is staying idle but showing green growth so I gave it a small dose of rescue just to play around.
My question for the back 2 is why are the leaves slumped? Low humidity maybe?
Thanks guys
DC121C04-A251-44D0-814D-8272D3CFC590.jpeg
A71172ED-8044-4446-BF4A-DBE09421AE5A.jpeg
6D541D2F-BD4B-470E-8E2D-7CF937F027AC.jpeg

How am I looking here? I will be up potting the back 2 to 1 gallon tomorrow and starting veg. The 2 front are behind because of germination issues. The LSD is staying idle but showing green growth so I gave it a small dose of rescue just to play around.
My question for the back 2 is why are the leaves slumped? Low humidity maybe?
Thanks guys
A71172ED-8044-4446-BF4A-DBE09421AE5A.jpeg
6D541D2F-BD4B-470E-8E2D-7CF937F027AC.jpeg
Back left is Northern lights
Back right is Blueberry
Front left Amnesia Lemon
Front right LSD

Back
Top Bottom