Double H: Second Grow With MarsHydro, SP3000 Over Three Autos

I just happened to find that quote when cruising your main thread and it seemed like a weird coincidence. Now I'm sorry I brought it up...
Pish posh!
No need to be sorry, love.

Hey there buds! It’s been a few days, so I thought I’d update today. :)

The state of OG is - nothing is improving. She’s still not drinking, she’s still eating her leaves up. She’s looking pretty friggin terrible.
EB433AFB-93F7-4F1D-B87E-C98147EB30E7.jpeg
95049D6A-97B5-479A-90D8-60C1E17D1D46.jpeg
I’m really out of options right now. My frame of mind is, hoping she can mature a little more before I have to chop; and I’ll just take what I can get from her. Even bigger bummer is that she was supposed to be night-timey, so letting her go more amber would’ve been more optimal. Oh well. I must say, I won’t miss seeing her, she’s frightful!

And now, on to some more positive notes. Mandarin cream xl is plugging along and happy as can be.
3C3301B8-AF00-4860-8883-CF95F182388F.jpeg
She’s started her pistil change and still bulking up a bit.
12DC37FF-1D9F-4EB7-9AD9-A4EB88638F1C.jpeg

And the biggest success of the three is easily Jack Herer.
0B786486-80CF-4660-8E0A-A4079561E2C8.jpeg
Her buds are bulky and she doesn’t have more than a few turning pistils. She’s got a good amount of time to go still.
68E59DCD-D1F0-44BE-BFB2-0852CD12DC0A.jpeg

Time to break out the thumb!
49E1A11F-8251-41A6-B2CB-AE1141085625.jpeg

She’s a little lighter in color than I’d like. Some lower leaves are slowly yellowing, so I’ll be keeping an eye on that.

That’s it for now. I hope you’re all doing well and your gardens are green as Mr. S’s. ;)

My frame of mind is, hoping she can mature a little more before I have to chop; and I’ll just take what I can get from her. Even bigger bummer is that she was supposed to be night-timey, so letting her go more amber would’ve been more optimal. Oh well. I must say, I won’t miss seeing her, she’s frightful!
How are the trichomes looking these days? If it's still drinking at all I would take off all the ugly fans (to make you feel better about looking at it) and check if the trichs are still ripening. If you want nighttime meds I would try to ignore the ugly and wait as long as possible.

MCXLa and the JHa are looking fine and dandy. :welldone: on those two. Must be something about the mixed media for the OG that pissed it off.

Nice :thumb:

Hola Heavenly!

Poor little OG :( I’m going back to my impression that she’s deficient. The problem is that she isn’t drinking - thus, she isn’t able to uptake sufficient nutrients. What can cause her to stop drinking? I think that there is a buildup of excess salts in the media.

When you add water with more nutrients, the EC of the solution in the media is so much higher than the concentration of nutrients, sugars, etc. inside the roots. The principle of osmosis means that fluid will actually be drawn out of the plant in an attempt to equalize the concentrations. What you want is for the concentration outside the roots to be lower, which, through osmosis, will result in fluid being drawn into the plant.

I am reluctant to say it, but I think you should flush.

How are the trichomes looking these days? If it's still drinking at all I would take off all the ugly fans (to make you feel better about looking at it) and check if the trichs are still ripening. If you want nighttime meds I would try to ignore the ugly and wait as long as possible.

MCXLa and the JHa are looking fine and dandy. :welldone: on those two. Must be something about the mixed media for the OG that pissed it off.

Nice :thumb:
Thanks Shed! The funny thing is, the OG was in less of the mixed promixes. She was in pretty much all promix hp.
I would agree with your 'frame of mind' thoughts and Shed's to wait as long as possible for the OG. The other 2 are looking really nice!
Thanks Stunger! I think it’s all o can really do. Clean her up is the only help I can do. Thank goodness for the other two, or my ego would be sad.
Hola Heavenly!

Poor little OG :( I’m going back to my impression that she’s deficient. The problem is that she isn’t drinking - thus, she isn’t able to uptake sufficient nutrients. What can cause her to stop drinking? I think that there is a buildup of excess salts in the media.

When you add water with more nutrients, the EC of the solution in the media is so much higher than the concentration of nutrients, sugars, etc. inside the roots. The principle of osmosis means that fluid will actually be drawn out of the plant in an attempt to equalize the concentrations. What you want is for the concentration outside the roots to be lower, which, through osmosis, will result in fluid being drawn into the plant.

I am reluctant to say it, but I think you should flush.
I held off on flushing for a while, but I did end up flushing last Thursday. Followed by an immediate feed. I also finally did a slurry test and it was in the normal range at that point. I had hoped it would get her drinking again, but no dice.
Thumbs up to the thumb pic! Nice big buds! I've had a few non conformers that first one. Just like her matter of fact. I still haven't figured out why. They smoke well so there's that.
Lol, I’m all thumbs! Thanks Stone, I got a mystery malady miss on my hands for sure.
I thought she had, but I can easily be misremembering. :hmmmm:
You… misremember? Umm, I kinda doubt it ;)
:thumb:
Two beauty’s and one that just may turn into that nighttime dream.
Thanks Nev! I’m gonna try my best to let her go as long as possible, ALAP :D
She flushed with two gallons.
Correct! :high-five::circle-of-love:
So...flush lite?
Lol, it didn’t feel light for my 3 gal pots. Are you kidding? Should I have done more??? :hmmmm::thedoubletake:

A true flush is 3x the pot size, so 9 gallons each for yours. I try to get away with 2x the pot size because drought. :rolleyes:
HA! Well, I guess I’ve never done a proper flush before!

So, is it possible there could still be a salt buildup? Would that have affected the slurry outcome?

You could definitely still have buildup with 2 gallons through a 3 gallon pot. I think normal watering to runoff would be 1 gallon for a 3 gallon pot, so 2 gallons isn't going to clean the substrate.

But the slurry test would still be accurate.
I should probably give the flush another try then. Since she isn’t drinking right now anyway, I don’t think it could hurt?

Can't see how it could hurt! Worst it can do is replace the old water with new water. And as usual, make your last gallon the nutes.
Good note Shed. :thumb: Thanks. And in that case, I flushed with 3 gallons last time then. Still not enough, but a little closer, lol!

Back
Top Bottom