Double H: Second Grow With MarsHydro, SP3000 Over Three Autos

Hi again everyone. :ciao: It’s been busy around here and the plants have been on the back burner. Speaking of burner, the og is in even worse shape now. I don’t even want to show her, but that’s not how we learn around here. Now I just hope I haven’t waited too long, that she’s beyond help anymore.

Ok, so I have not done a slurry test yet because I don’t have the juice to calibrate my ph pen. Mr H is on it now, so hopefully that will be here in the next day or so. But I couldn’t go without trying something new to help in the meantime. The last few feeds, I lowered the MC and added Epsom salts. She’s still drinking so slowly and lrgrssively getting worse. So today, I flushed her good, and followed with 5g/gal MC with a pinch of epsom salt. The ph calibration juice will be here before the next time she will need to feed, so we’ll just have to watch and wait some more until then. Here they are, week 9.

The good:
Jack Herer
80519A9C-B131-4306-8BA2-C7FB2B3CE3B6.jpeg
Mandarin Cream xl
60B5A8EB-FBDB-41B4-9CFF-85DA2A11E84A.jpeg
The bad:
the lights went out, but here she is on flash. OG Kush
799B8FE7-DD12-486F-AFAD-F6DBD3153D47.jpeg
All three
29101D8E-CE30-42E3-A3BF-6201AAE70C4D.jpeg

You can see in the side by side, just how much more poorly the OG is doing.

The other strange thing is that OG looks like she is getting close to finishing up… maybe because she’s in such poor health, but the other two have just barely begun to senescence. I’m not even sure a single pistil has changed on JH yet! It’s just weird. Anyhow, that’s the state of things right now.

I hope you’re all doing well and your gardens are nice n green. :love:

My plant started yellowing like that about 3 weeks ago- I tried to slow it down with a little nitrogen, but it
didn't really do much.
It may just be natural senescence, although it sure started early...but, like your OG, it doesn't seem to affect the buds much, at least not yet...

That cranky OG doesn’t look like she’s loosing to much ground to the others in the bud department.
Hopefully she will still turn out a good yield and smoke for you.
Good luck
Thanks Nev. I’ll get her to the finish line. She won’t be pretty, but she’ll make it.
My plant started yellowing like that about 3 weeks ago- I tried to slow it down with a little nitrogen, but it
didn't really do much.
It may just be natural senescence, although it sure started early...but, like your OG, it doesn't seem to affect the buds much, at least not yet...
It is a real mystery to me, I’ve grown this same 420, OG auto a few times before and the others didn’t behave this way. :hmmmm:???:hmmmm:
I didn’t take a very good pic of the OG since the lights had gone out. But her buds are smaller than the other two, so far. She just started maturing so much earlier, it’s wild. I may try to buy the promix bx from now on, see if that is really a difference maker in some way?

Sorry the Og is giving you grief Hh, hopefully the slurry test will give you a bit of clarity as to what’s going on with her.

On the plus side the other girls in the tent look absolutely lovely!

Her buds look pretty nice from here. Funny plants sometimes.
Thanks Stone. I took a less-pessimistic look at the OG buds and she’s actually doing alright after all.
Tell me about it!

If I grow 4, 3 will usually end "funny." :laughtwo:
Lmao! You are what you smoke GDB ;)
Looking forward to the results of the slurry test, and since your media is a mixture, make sure you grab some from a few different areas.

:nomo:
I’ve got the slurry, slurrying as we speak!
Sorry the Og is giving you grief Hh, hopefully the slurry test will give you a bit of clarity as to what’s going on with her.

On the plus side the other girls in the tent look absolutely lovely!
Thanks N, I’m so pleased with the other two (OG is doing ok-ish too though). Hopefully they will stay strong to the finish.

Okay gang, I finished my first ever slurry test, so hopefully I did it correctly. I dug up several areas and collected dirt from down at the root level. I dug down the side of the pot to get dirt from even lower down. I added distilled water to make a mud-like consistency. I let it sit for 2 1/2 hours, stirring periodically. Then I calibrated my new ph pen and took a reading from the mud.
594A82D6-9B99-4AFE-9676-44F488A1D56B.jpeg
I’ll wait to see what you all think, because I don’t know from here. Just a reminder that I did a flush and feed a couple of days ago. I should have probably waited to make an informed decision on that, but I couldn’t sit and do nothing any longer.

As I mentioned before, I took a less-pessimistic look at the OG and her buds, and she’s not so small as I originally thought. Not as bulky as her sisters, but she also started maturing much earlier, so, I dunno. I’ll just be happy to have more OG kush, because we’re just about out.
Here she is in her sad, yellowed, nearly bowl, shape.
EF454E1F-F6A8-4538-A78F-939FC7EE5D87.jpeg
A promising cola (poor thing!)
3C9271E2-6235-4AE9-9E0D-72B2040A84FB.jpeg

Here’s mandarin cream xl, happy claming. What a good middle child she’s been.
B672BDC3-F2E8-4A38-84D7-5212536B3BB2.jpeg
She’s just starting to senescence
4813CA1D-C232-4EA1-895A-0A8498F722FD.jpeg

Here’s the biggest of the three, Jack Herer.
F9574C99-1A76-4E51-B299-2D551359F704.jpeg
Still looking Guy Fieri-ish.
E22555CB-041B-4690-B0CF-87D402DFCFE5.jpeg

VG asked me how much longer the OG’s got and my guess was a few more weeks. I got out the scope today, just to take a look. I know she’s still got time to go, but I was surprised at how far along she actually is.
D18B3886-B20C-4610-965A-9DD18EA6B03B.jpeg
EA806E89-5CE5-4CBA-8E1D-B375279E5CF9.jpeg
C206CB44-D54A-4E02-838B-04CA458DF022.jpeg

And that’s it! I’m curious to see what you all think of the slurry results, and where to go from here. OG is still drinking crazy slow, so I’m not sure how much we can honestly do with the time she’s got left. She is also the one that has the majority of promix hp for her medium. If there’s any other details I’m forgetting, please don’t hesitate to ask! I appreciate the help :)

Hope you’re all doing well and staying safe! And that your gardens are green :love:

Is that 6.26? That's not too far out of range for ProMix (6.2 is what they say is where it's time to deal with it). Though at first I read it as 9.29! :eek:

Given how far along you are and how little time is left, I think you should carry on with the 5.5g MC and a "pinch" (0.5g) of epsom salts and let it ride. None of that yellowing shows up in the jars. :)

at first I read it as 9.29! :eek:

Given how far along you are and how little time is left, I think you should carry on with the 5.5g MC and a "pinch" (0.5g) of epsom salts and let it ride.
Lol, if it were 9, I’d at least know what to do with her! Thanks Shed :D

Good point Shed!

@Heavenly Hybrid
Did you notice any bad smells when you were digging around in the pot?
Notice any dark or burned looking roots?
I didn’t smell anything funny or off at all. I didn’t get a look at the roots, I tried to be as least-invasive as possible. I didn’t even like digging down; in my mind, I could hear Amy exclaiming “the roots!” :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom