Drcannabi's KIS Organics Recycled Soil - HSO Loast Coast OG - LED Grow

Dayum dude!! It's a beauty pageant up in here. Those plants are stunning.

Previous grow, my blue cheese had a green immature seed. Only found the one though. I let the other 2 plants go another 2 weeks after I chopped the blue cheese. Not a seed in sight. I think you are good.

Thanks Ziggs, Hoping the same for me. I'm a little paranoid because I had a herm two tents ago and all the buds were seeded. It was still fire, but I hate giving my patients buds with seeds. :Namaste:

I meant to say thank you Brother Blaze! I was medicated while Journaling lol.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

Awesome grow you have going here Doc!
:thumb::circle-of-love:

Loving your strain selection as well. I've been sitting on a 10 pack of ET Lost Coast OG which I know brightlight grew recently and seemed to like. It will be interesting how it compares to your HSO offering.

Anyways, I hope that you don't mind if I peak over your garden fence every now and then when I'm cruising through the neighborhood.
:nomo::passitleft:

Awesome grow you have going here Doc!
:thumb::circle-of-love:

Loving your strain selection as well. I've been sitting on a 10 pack of ET Lost Coast OG which I know brightlight grew recently and seemed to like. It will be interesting how it compares to your HSO offering.

Anyways, I hope that you don't mind if I peak over your garden fence every now and then when I'm cruising through the neighborhood.
:nomo::passitleft:

Thank you for the kind words UnclecannibisBBQ lol!

Brightlight really liked the ET version, in fact I bought the HSO version by mistake. I think you will really like LCOG if you are an og lover. This is a really nice strain. I took a clone but I'm going to sprout another bean to see what else is going on in this genetic pool lol!

Love it! Glad your here UncleC!

Thanks Ziggs, Hoping the same for me. I'm a little paranoid because I had a herm two tents ago and all the buds were seeded. It was still fire, but I hate giving my patients buds with seeds. :Namaste:

I meant to say thank you Brother Blaze! I was medicated while Journaling lol.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

What What?

I'm confused lol!

LOL!! Must be some strong shit you're smoking there Doc. What strain is it?

No worries bud. If you get judged for being blazed, then you are on the wrong forum. :thumb:

Thank you Conradino!

Your grows and techniques are beyond reproach. I may already be high brix lol, cause my soil is absolutely top 10.

Do you wash your buds? I never have because I don't foliar feed in bloom. My environment is also extremely clean. I assume you foliar feed throughout the life of the plant? Essential oils and other topicals?

Nope never spray never foliar feed never wash.

This makes me happy! I don't either. I guess I should buy a Refractometer. I'm pretty sure I've got some high brix ladies:high-five:!

Does anyone have a good suggestion for an entry level Refractometer?

:thanks:

You have to buy a refractometer, this the only way to do it. Otherwise what is it a guesswork?

You have to buy a refractometer, this the only way to do it. Otherwise what is it a guesswork?

Hey there Conradino :ciao:
Sometime back in some thread or journal somewhere there was some discussions about brix and whatnot and I recall telling you that I'd probably never bring a brix meter into my garden......me being my usual closed minded self. Well guess what, I ended up picking one up a couple of months ago. So here I am eating my words. LOL!
I've only used it a couple of times and don't really know what I'm doing.....not sure which leaves at which part of the plant to check, have no idea what a good score or bad score is, etc... What I do know is that crushing and getting sap out of the leaves and whatnot is a pain in the butt. LOL!
I had too many girls in bloom to check them all but I did about 7 or 8 random checks at around week 5 of bloom. I didn't know which leaves to select to I took healthy looking leaves from the middle portion of the plants.
The brix scores ranged from 13 to 18 with most coming in at around 14 to 16, so I guess the average would have been about 15 overall.....whatever that means.
Did I select the correct leaves for samples? What would an average brix score of 15 mean? I've been meaning to look into this but just haven't bothered to do so yet. Anyways, I know that you're quite knowledgeable about this brix stuff so your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
:peace:

This makes me happy! I don't either. I guess I should buy a Refractometer. I'm pretty sure I've got some high brix ladies:high-five:!

Does anyone have a good suggestion for an entry level Refractometer?

:thanks:

Your girls look between 13/15 brix I'd say...could be higher tho. But what do I know? Lol. Slamazon has some decent refractometers Dr. Mine's a cheapo but it works just dandy. Just make sure you get one that self-adjusts for different temps :)

Hey there Conradino :ciao:
Sometime back in some thread or journal somewhere there was some discussions about brix and whatnot and I recall telling you that I'd probably never bring a brix meter into my garden......me being my usual closed minded self. Well guess what, I ended up picking one up a couple of months ago. So here I am eating my words. LOL!
I've only used it a couple of times and don't really know what I'm doing.....not sure which leaves at which part of the plant to check, have no idea what a good score or bad score is, etc... What I do know is that crushing and getting sap out of the leaves and whatnot is a pain in the butt. LOL!
I had too many girls in bloom to check them all but I did about 7 or 8 random checks at around week 5 of bloom. I didn't know which leaves to select to I took healthy looking leaves from the middle portion of the plants.
The brix scores ranged from 13 to 18 with most coming in at around 14 to 16, so I guess the average would have been about 15 overall.....whatever that means.
Did I select the correct leaves for samples? What would an average brix score of 15 mean? I've been meaning to look into this but just haven't bothered to do so yet. Anyways, I know that you're quite knowledgeable about this brix stuff so your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
:peace:

When you check brix consistency is key. From the same part of the plant, around the same time of day and try to space it between waterings/feedings. Above 12 brix and youre golden! Make sure all your equipment is clean cuz any contaminants get on that prism, other than your leaf juice, and youll get a false reading. My plants hold around 13 in veg and jump to 15 in early flower and after that who knows, I dont test. Good luck! :)

This is how my one of 16 Brixish looking gals, an Aurora Ultra looked like.
samples.jpg

That was an Ultra Dog 16/17 too.
big16.jpg

And here my samples from every plant I took one of these days.
016719.jpg

And High Brix joint :tokin:
0071645.jpg

Hmm I thought I had some pics from refractometer tutorial but maybe I was just thinking I made it :cheesygrinsmiley::tokin: Well there's Graytail's easy tutorial somewhere but I don't remember where. Anyway you can go with what Cannatard said. You have to take 3 different samples from a plant, bottom middle and the top, and start figuring out how it changes and which is the right one, which I'd say is something between middle and the top :thumb::lot-o-toke:

Here's the HSO Lost Coast OG. My Favorite testers so far. Taste is a solid 8 and the high is right up there too. Kerosene and Carmel flavor. Smell is all OG. The high is super motivating with a great head and body duet. NO paranoia. Pure bliss! This is my first HSO seed and I'm quite impressed. Yield will be small, but it's OG and all OG plants I've grown yield low. I estimate 3-4 zips.

doc those are perfect 10 plants... fat sticky buds, beautiful color, deep green leaves w/ no tip burn....awesome is not even close. Interesting that Lost Coast description sounds very close to the ETS version. Good descriptor in caramel....I could never ID it but yes that's definitely part of the fragrance.

Now that conradino has "come out" amidst all the resident washers, I'll admit that I never wash either. Agree with most reasons why but not for me.
:Namaste:

Thank you my friends! Such an awesome discussion with so many knowledge nuggets, I'm seriously in debt to you all. I just got back from seeing my parents and wham, I missed am awesome conversation. :circle-of-love:

I've got a Refractometer on the way from scamazon so I'll know my brix pretty soon.

I'm going to wash a few branches using ziggs method. I'll give an A vs B test and report back. In my mind I'm thinking what the f*** take these beautiful buds and Dunk them in water? However I've never heard anybody say it doesn't make their MMJ taste better. So I'm going to give it a shot, I'm hoping for great results. If it doesn't significantly improve the taste of the MMJ, I won't be doing it anymore.

I've also decided not to use any foliar spray in bud cycle, I never have before, and don't see the need. The only way I will use a foliar on buds, is if I cannot get my brix high enough. Does that make sense?

Love you all! This on line community is the best period! Of to check my subscriptions.

I wanted to let you all know, that the strawberries and cream is really changing it scent profile. It smells like cat piss. It's pretty disappointing really, earlier in flower around week five and six it had a deep ripe strawberry poptart scent. Now it is not nearly as nice of a smell. I sure hope a good slow dry and cure will bring out the strawberry smell again, but this is pure nor Cali cat piss smell. On the other hand, the high is phenomenal. It is right up there with the Lost Coast og. Send positive vibes in the direction of my tent, need to cross the finish line like a winner :)

I yanked a branch off each plant last night and looked at them under my digital microscope. The strawberries and cream and the Lost Coast og are almost there. They are about 70% cloudy 25% clear and 5% amber. I will be chopping them at the end of this week.

Both of the white phenos are 50% cloudy and 50% clear. I will let these go two more weeks.

They're all being fed with filtered h2o. That's what I will stay with until chopped.

Thank you my friends! Such an awesome discussion with so many knowledge nuggets, I'm seriously in debt to you all. I just got back from seeing my parents and wham, I missed am awesome conversation. :circle-of-love:

I've got a Refractometer on the way from scamazon so I'll know my brix pretty soon.

I'm going to wash a few branches using ziggs method. I'll give an A vs B test and report back. In my mind I'm thinking what the f*** take these beautiful buds and Dunk them in water? However I've never heard anybody say it doesn't make their MMJ taste better. So I'm going to give it a shot, I'm hoping for great results. If it doesn't significantly improve the taste of the MMJ, I won't be doing it anymore.

I've also decided not to use any foliar spray in bud cycle, I never have before, and don't see the need. The only way I will use a foliar on buds, is if I cannot get my brix high enough. Does that make sense?

Love you all! This on line community is the best period! Of to check my subscriptions.

i try not to spray the buds either, been there done that..:) ...I spray mostly on the leaves' underside :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom